House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Odysseus

Affordable Housing Is Available

ooks like an old toilet block - I bet you can still smell the piss, shit and TCP.

Aye, you are right, didn`t check the outside. Here is a better example http://www.rightmove...y-44167109.html

Fair enough, you are underneath somebody, but as most people in Edinburgh live in some kind of flat I would say, this would be not bad for a family with the garden space? Shows that the high price expectations are starting to become a thing of the past in average areas?

Edited by dances with sheeple

Can someone explain why a link works for two or three clicks, then doesn`t work?

Someone at Rightmove is monitoring these forums. As soon as they see a link to rightmove they get the page made unavailable.

Love the former Scottish social homes for £70k! :lol:

Presumably all the aspiring middle class live there now.

Edited by aSecureTenant

Someone at Rightmove is monitoring these forums. As soon as they see a link to rightmove they get the page made unavailable.

That is kind of what I thought, or are you slightly taking the piss? :lol: Happened with You Tube for a while but copying "embed code" and posting with the "attach video" function seemed to stop it happening? I would have thought rightmove and the sellers could do with all the publicity they could get, by posting it on here someone could spot it and want to buy it (maybe :P)

Love the former Scottish social homes for £70k! :lol:

Presumably all the aspiring middle class live there now.

Well the people who aspired to be "very middle class" with huge Liar Loans know that the rot is spreading towards their areas soon and are no doubt crapping themselves. A few years ago nearly everything I have posted would have been 100k+.

Aye, you are right, didn`t check the outside. Here is a better example http://www.rightmove...y-44167109.html

Fair enough, you are underneath somebody, but as most people in Edinburgh live in some kind of flat I would say, this would be not bad for a family with the garden space? Shows that the high price expectations are starting to become a thing of the past in average areas?

I'd be reluctant to call Edinburgh tenement blocks 'flats'. Obviously they are technically flats, but they tend to be very large, with spacious rooms and high ceilings, along with period features like bay windows. Also they are very well sound-proofed, typically have a shared garden, and (due to the Scottish legal system) you dont have the same leasehold vs freehold issue that you get in England, nor the same risk of huge maintenance fees.

Basically they are a light year away from living in some new-build block of flats, or badly converted victorian terrace, let alone an ex council flat. Given equal space (and most 2 bed tenements are around 1000 sq ft) I'd probably take a tenement over a new build two-storey house.

Edited by Smyth

How are you getting your links to stay up?

Dunno, just copy and pasting from the address bar...

Most of the links youve posted in this thread are malformed, and the '.co.uk' part is being deleted. Not sure what you're doing wrong...

Edited by Smyth

I'd be reluctant to call Edinburgh tenement blocks 'flats'. Obviously they are technically flats, but they tend to be very large, with spacious rooms and high ceilings. Also they are very well sound-proofed, typically have a shared garden, and (due to the Scottish legal system) you dont have the same leasehold vs freehold issue that you get in England, nor the same risk of huge maintenance fees.

Basically they are a light year away from living in some new-build block or badly converted victorian terrace, let alone an ex council flat. Given equal space (and most 2 bed tenements are around 1000 sq ft) I'd probably take a tenement over a new build house.

You are thinking of Marchmont, Bruntsfield, maybe Morningside type tenements, many are not like that, the last two I rented are light years from that but the price reflects the lack of space and feeling of being in a "high up house". Don`t know about the freehold V leasehold thing, but last I heard the council were not involved in running the Statutory Repairs system (which gave some legal clout to collecting money from all the flats on a stair for necessary repairs) because of criminal allegations against the people running it. For this reason alone I would never buy a flat in Edinburgh (or anywhere else) You could be left with a roof hanging off and a bunch of people refusing to pay up their share on lower floors.

Dunno, just copy and pasting from the address bar...

Most of the links youve posted in this thread are malformed, and the '.co.uk' part is being deleted. Not sure what you're doing wrong...

I am highlighting the address in the top address bar, and copying then pasting it into my posts. What should I be doing?

http://www.rightmove...rtiesPerPage=10

There is even an invisible house in there, see if you can spot it.

****** Link broken again. It stayed up for a few minutes, and I clicked back and forth quite a few times, but is now not a link. Can anyone explain?