House Price Crash Forum

How are things in Luton this week? I decided to have a look on Rightmove using Property Bee.

Seeing what seems to be more new stock on the market, reductions and sales falling through and properties back on again.

Is this normal or are we seeing a lull or drop in the market? I don't normally look at Luton.

(p.s. I am watching Milton Keynes and see what seems to be a slighter weaker version of the same thing which is why I decided to look at Luton, my other search areas (i.e. Leighton Buzzard still seem to be strong)

Doesn't seem to be alot coming on to market (200k and under ) and there are quite a few reductions but only from insane prices to start with.

I'd imagine now the BTL brigade have little time to complete before April that will slow it down a bit.Have noticed quite a few for sale with tennant and asking for investors / cash buyers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53815513.html

• Brief Description changed: NOTICE OF OFFER ** 10 Wexham Close, Luton, Beds, LU3 3TU.We 3TU **.We advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £118,000. £138,000. Any persons wishing to increase on this offer should notify the agents of their best offer prior to exchange of contracts. Urban and Rural, 3 Nursery Parade, Luton, ... Nu...
  • Detailed Description changed: Full description **URBAN & RURAL**NO CHAIN**ROOF GARDEN**IDEAL FIRST TIME/INVESTMENT PURCHASE** Situated NOTICE OF OFFER ** 10 Wexham Close, Luton, Beds, LU3 3TU **.We advise that include lounge, separate kitchen and roof garden. an offer has been made for the above property in North Luton is this two bedroom ground floor flat, with benefits the sum of £138,000. Any persons wishing to increase on this offer should notify the agents of their best offer prior to exchange of contracts. Urban and Rural, 3 Nursery Parade, Luton, LU3 3TU. 01582 495448.

WTF 28k over asking for a crap hole in the worst area of Luton ....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Reductions still happening but the pace of new flats ie investment opportunities springing up shows no sign of stopping 

Luton apparantly is the one area bucking trend on BTL returns so people still piling in .HTB shows its very obvious price inflation here 

2 bed flats around 180-200 , a new build 2 build is 280 plus .

As well as flats alot of new developments of new build 4/5 bed houses ranging from 500-800k again HTB heavily advertised