House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the gardener

Things They Don't Tell You About Getting Old.

Haemorrhoids. Ouch.

That is all.

Don't buy cheaper Tesco suppositories, they have a minute but very painful sharp edge down 2 sides where they are moulded in the factory, just at a specific bodily place and time you really don't need sharp edges. Go for the luxury of a well know brand...

Things they do look awful c..c..c..cold

Hope I die before I get old

Around the time that came out, I was convinced I would never see the millennium. Unbelievably, I did, on Princes Street in Edinburgh. I can't believe how old I am now.:o

The weather really does affect your joints. I can do the same run 5-10mins faster on a warm dry day compared to a wet and cold one.

Be aware that statins can also affect your joints. I've had a miserable winter of joint pain - not the same joint all the time - finally discovered it was Simvastatin. Changed to Atorvastatin by a sympathetic GP and fell miles better - not so tired, more energy. So beware, statins are not the panacea they have in the past been made out to be.dry.gif

Even worse, when you reach the age where there are fewer left amongst one's friends to attend.

My gran was the last of her peers.

Utterly sad.

Be aware that statins can also affect your joints. I've had a miserable winter of joint pain - not the same joint all the time - finally discovered it was Simvastatin. Changed to Atorvastatin by a sympathetic GP and fell miles better - not so tired, more energy. So beware, statins are not the panacea they have in the past been made out to be.dry.gif

Being prescribed drugs that might not be of any use

Has anyone mentioned needing reading glasses yet?

They're a pain in the posterior.

Though not as much as that other business, obviously.

Reduce carb consumption (especially grains), live on 70% fat like an Eskimo. Won't feel the cold either.

Reduce carb consumption (especially grains), live on 70% fat like an Eskimo. Won't feel the cold either.

one of the plagues of my dotage is gout, the causes of which, i'm coming to believe, medicine knows little; altho. as ususal, they have a little pill on hand to combat symptoms (which I have thus far declined)

in my case, there is a definite link to gut malfunction resulting from overconsumption of grains; might be gluten. all i know is pretty much everything improves when i'm off the bread/ cakes/ biscuits etc. and everything goes to hell in the opposite case.

one of the plagues of my dotage is gout, the causes of which, i'm coming to believe, medicine knows little; altho. as ususal, they have a little pill on hand to combat symptoms (which I have thus far declined)

in my case, there is a definite link to gut malfunction resulting from overconsumption of grains; might be gluten. all i know is pretty much everything improves when i'm off the bread/ cakes/ biscuits etc. and everything goes to hell in the opposite case.

Almost certainly will do but sometimes I have to remind myself how easy it is to become a sick zombie on grains. A few months ago started a balance diet, by adding bread and starch back into diet. Mistake

Put on over a stone and spent a winter shivering under a duvet. Last year I could cycle 30-40 miles. Now I struggle 2 miles walking into town.

Last week though 'enough is enough' and' went back on 70% fat diet.

After a day or two of 'keto flu' was almost back to normal. Aches, pains gone. I can move and walk about again. Furthermore last night was the coldest night for ages, and I hardly felt it.

Interestingly my core temperature was struggling at 35C (have a digital thermometer) now my temperature is getting towards a more normal 36C.

Don't care what all the experts say, humans are designed to consume large amounts of fatty meat and fish.You can eat as much fat as you like, you won't gain weight. 'Fat can only be burned.'

Even worse, when you reach the age where there are fewer left amongst one's friends to attend.

I vant to bite your neck....lonely of Transylchester

Well I'm quite enjoying this getting old business. Fortunately I haven't experienced any health, joint or pain issues. I love that I get to say things like whipper-snapper, flibbertigibbet and ragamuffin. It has opened up a whole new world to me. I am practising my first Saga phone call too.

:)

Don't buy cheaper Tesco suppositories, they have a minute but very painful sharp edge down 2 sides where they are moulded in the factory, just at a specific bodily place and time you really don't need sharp edges. Go for the luxury of a well know brand...

I find that piece of advice coming from Rigsby particularly funny!

Almost certainly will do but sometimes I have to remind myself how easy it is to become a sick zombie on grains. A few months ago started a balance diet, by adding bread and starch back into diet. Mistake

Put on over a stone and spent a winter shivering under a duvet. Last year I could cycle 30-40 miles. Now I struggle 2 miles walking into town.

Last week though 'enough is enough' and' went back on 70% fat diet.

After a day or two of 'keto flu' was almost back to normal. Aches, pains gone. I can move and walk about again. Furthermore last night was the coldest night for ages, and I hardly felt it.

Interestingly my core temperature was struggling at 35C (have a digital thermometer) now my temperature is getting towards a more normal 36C.

Don't care what all the experts say, humans are designed to consume large amounts of fatty meat and fish.You can eat as much fat as you like, you won't gain weight. 'Fat can only be burned.'

Glad you've found what works for you but don't assume it will work for everyone else. I've struggled with gut issues for most of my life and the one conclusion I've managed to come to is that what does and doesn't work is utterly bl**dy random not just between individuals but for the same person over time. I think the rapid human evolution from hunter gathering through to agrarian left us with totally messed up digestive systems. Maybe in another 100,000 years we'll have caught up. :(

Hairy ears for men. Big backsides for women.

Most excellent! ;)