House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Thousands Queue For Chance To Work At Aldi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10717308/Thousands-queue-for-chance-to-work-at-Aldi.html

Job seekers turned up three hours early to queue for the chance to be interviewed for a job at a supermarket chain in Shropshire

More than 1,000 people queued for three hours to interview for just 40 jobs at supermarket chain Aldi.

Interviews for the stock and store assistant positions were scheduled to start at 1pm, but jobseekers started queuing at 10am.

By noon around 1,500 people had joined to wait for a mini interview and the chance to hand in their CV.

The interviews, held at Aldi in Bridgnorth in Shropshire on Friday, had to be started 20 minutes early because of the demand.

A teenager, who took 1,500th place in the queue, said: “"I knew it started at 1pm so I wanted to get here early, but I didn't expect there to be that many people.

Excellent news, you just don't get queues like this for the top jobs.

The owners of businesses, (who run this country), want the cream of the crop to work for their businesses. The best of the best, improving their asset. This is the end game.

The employees at my local Aldi work bloody hard.

They pay a decent hourly rate for the job but the successful applicants will be required to put a lot of effort in.

Stories like this strongly confirm my belief that the unemployment level is understated and that the alleged fall in recent months is largely due to benefit sanctions.

They pay a decent hourly rate for the job but the successful applicants will be required to put a lot of effort in.

I think it suits certain people. They seem to be run off their feet and always busy as well as getting to do a variety of things. I heard one till girl telling the customer in front of me that was what she liked about Aldi compared to working at other supermarkets.

Edited by oldsport

There people are mugs, they should all be buying into housing, you can't loose on houses, they'd all be rich, working is so last century, why work when you can have it all for free, better still they could all become politicians and still be into buy to lets, some of the finest people our great country have has followed this path. Get the mugs to Que up for minimum wage jobs while you live off their backs. I mis-spelt country, there should be no 'o'

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Guest spp

Are there no dress codes for interviews these days?

A universal credit question...won't millions be better off going part-time to receive them?

I think it suits certain people. They seem to be run off their feet and always busy as well as getting to do a variety of things. I heard one till girl telling the customer in front of me that was what she liked about Aldi compared to working at other supermarkets.

Yes, was in Tesco picking up bargains, the shop was quiet and the till people looked utterly bored. Never seen that at Aldi.

This can't be right- according to the script these people should be sitting about on a sofa somewhere watching re runs of the Jeremy Kyle show, while working out their next benefit scam.

Maybe the producers of 'benefits street' could make a documentary about these people- but that would not provide the hate they need to boost those ratings I guess.

with 3 kids and tax credits you are close to 40k pa. not bad for a simple / no stress / no responsibility job ...

I can't believe that. Can you break that income down for me so I can see how you arrive at 40k!

with 3 kids and tax credits you are close to 40k pa. not bad for a simple / no stress / no responsibility job ...

The trouble is working for the minimum wage will get you almost the same income. Hence the lack of incentive for employees to pay well. Aldi are one of the exceptions when it comes to pay. They'd probably make bigger profits if they paid less and let the state top their employees wages. :(

I guess there are limited opportunities for people to look like they're looking for work. B)

They're bloody shifty these feckless. All queueing up for jobs they don't want and know they won't get so they can say they're trying really hard.

Its a bloody conspiracy.

Edited by 7 Year Itch

Yes, when you offer a decent wage, you will find plenty of people to put the graft in.

I think I should write a paper to inform mainstream economists and politicians of this revelation, it seems to have passed most of them by.

Edited by Britney's Piers

1500 people for 40 jobs is 38 applicants per job. It's hardly Depression levels. Don't most office jobs get about 250 applicants these days?

. It's hardly Depression levels.

Tell that to the 1,460 people that don't get a job in a budget supermarket.