House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justthisbloke

Spreadsheets - How To Select Rows By Condition To Other Sheet

I have Sheet1 with columns of data. I want Sheet2 to contain only those rows from Sheet1 where, say, Col1="OK", Col3<9 etc. Then I can plot graphs on the Sheet2 data.

Any suggestions as to how this can be done automatically (ie I don't want to be cutting and pasting and filtering)?

Many thanks.

I have Sheet1 with columns of data. I want Sheet2 to contain only those rows from Sheet1 where, say, Col1="OK", Col3<9 etc. Then I can plot graphs on the Sheet2 data.

Any suggestions as to how this can be done automatically (ie I don't want to be cutting and pasting and filtering)?

Many thanks.

One way...

Column A = Month

Column B = Sales

You want only the rows where Sales > 1000

Assuming that Row 1 is column headers, position cursor in [empty] Column C row 2, first row of your data..

Enter:

=IF(B2>1000, 1, 0)

Copy that down column C

Sort the sheet on Column C descending

Copy and paste just the rows at the top with "1" in Column C.

Many thanks.

Pivot table