House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Rolls Royce Studded With Diamonds

Yes, how long before the super rich start to tighten their belts, you cannot keep increasing production forever the number of new rich who wish to show their new status is not always on the increase.

Towards the end they suggested that the Rich had Royce as their "special car' eg the investment banker it was part of him and dtove it when he frlt like a [insert word], the lotto winner, some guy getting driven a mile down the road, some guy in Dubai who only drove it occasionally because it felt special that way. Even the programme noted Rolls had to target a different markets.

Anyone else see this obscene display of disgusting ostentation tonight?

Just remember that they can't possibly afford to pay any more tax to help with the deficit.

If someone has £250k burning a hole in their pocket I would rather they buy a British made car from a firm that employs hundreds of skilled workers, rather than simply add to their property portfolio.

The world is full of rich suckers.

Britain has a glorious history of exploiting them.

The world is full of rich suckers.

Britain has a glorious history of exploiting them.

Yup. I loved that firm that made jewel-encrusted covers for mobile phones at vast prices and they did well as people actually went out and bought them. I like that there are these people about who will pay a premium for soemthing shiny and branded because it swills loads of money around the economy which I and everybody else benefits from.

More rich and stupid people please! :)

Yup. I loved that firm that made jewel-encrusted covers for mobile phones at vast prices and they did well as people actually went out and bought them. I like that there are these people about who will pay a premium for soemthing shiny and branded because it swills loads of money around the economy which I and everybody else benefits from.

More rich and stupid people please! :)

I imagine they said the same about Michaelangelo

I wouldn't mind having a Rolls-Royce, but mine would be older, and probably a plain blue one! :blink:

Wouldn't want to "stand out"! :o

I imagine they said the same about Michaelangelo

The turtle in a half shell?