House Price Crash Forum

Sanctions On Putin

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. u got it **** about face

i suggest you invest some time and read the syria thread in ot.

Proof and truth. helps to have them onside before pulling your weapon out

What kind of proof? Both sides in Syria have been committing war crimes by killing women and children for last few years.

I understand that Putin does not care about dead civilians as he needs his Mediterranean harbour for all his 3 ships ...

But why are You supporting wasting of women and children? Are you some kind of sick psycho? Every single man on this planet should protect lives of women and children for all costs. This is our purpose. I am not sure what is your purpose ...

What kind of proof? Both sides in Syria have been committing war crimes by killing women and children for last few years.

I understand that Putin does not care about dead civilians as he needs his Mediterranean harbour for all his 3 ships ...

But why are You supporting wasting of women and children? Are you some kind of sick psycho? Every single man on this planet should protect lives of women and children for all costs. This is our purpose. I am not sure what is your purpose ...

jiFfM.jpg

are you on smack?

edit. i must be a psycho like all of the westminster mp's who voted against a syrian invasion

Edited by p.p.

What?

http://www.codewit.com/north-america/17392-palin-wonders-if-malaysian-flight-370-flew-directly-to-heaven

“I see all these smarty pants people on CNN saying that it was terrorism or a fire in the cockpit.” she explained to a bewildered Hannity, “But I don’t hear anyone talking about the God possibility. I mean what if they accidentally flew too high and go stuck up there?

“I’m not expert on international aviation. But I do know that God is up there looking down on us. And everyone knows that once you go to heaven you can’t come back. This would explain why we haven’t found any wreckage in the ocean and why no one saw the plane land.

"The radar had the plane at 45,000 feet, well above it's usual cruising altitude. Who knows how much higher they went?

“Of course the looney liberal media can only imagine secular explanations for this mystery. They would never tell the American public that God might be involved! But I hope the the Malaysian authorities and the NTSB take a look at the facts and seriously consider the idea that this flight crossed into Christ’s kingdom and isn't coming back.”

are you on smack?

edit. i must be a psycho like all of the westminster mp's who voted against a syrian invasion

Yes, as the British public does not really care about women and children murdered in Syria (by both sides). The British public is focused on more important issues, such as taxation of bear and Bingo.

Never the less it does not make murdering women and children right. Suggesting that Syrians should be allowed to murder each other civilians as it's their internal affair and perhaps a part of their culture is sick and psychotic.

But for Putin it is much more important to have the Mediterranean strategic harbour than thousands of murdered women and children ...

Look, if we are lucky we will hit the 100k jackpot this year. Hitler & Stalin are proud of us:

Total_deaths_during_the_syrian_civil_war_%28October_2013%29.png

Edited by Damik

Look, if we are lucky we will hit the 100k jackpot this year. Hitler & Stalin are proud of us:

As I said, the West (for recognising and aiding/assisting the rebels) and countries like Qatar (for arming the rebels) are largely responsible for this dragging on so long.

Luckily it looks as though Government forces have the upper hand now, so perhaps the end may be in sight. And then the West can look for another country to destabilise - like Ukraine.

Edited by Errol

Yes, as the British public does not really care about women and children murdered in Syria (by both sides). The British public is focused on more important issues, such as taxation of bear and Bingo.

Never the less it does not make murdering women and children right. Suggesting that Syrians should be allowed to murder each other civilians as it's their internal affair and perhaps a part of their culture is sick and psychotic.

But for Putin it is much more important to have the Mediterranean strategic harbour than thousands of murdered women and children ...

Damik, I genuinely don't have a problem with sensible intervention or with the notion that it would be nicer if the world was all fluffy bunnies, but blundering around without a clear and realistic objective is another matter. What, in simple terms, and in your opinion:

• Should we do?

• Can we do?

Giving in over a fairly legitimate claim on Crimea and in return getting a firm resolution for the rest of Ukraine would seem to me to be a more reasonable course to take than some ill-thought out act of aggression.

Damik, I genuinely don't have a problem with sensible intervention

My humble suggestion:

Syria: military intervention to stop the civil war, start a democratic process, prosecute all war crimes

Russia: isolate politically and economically

As I said, the West (for recognising and aiding/assisting the rebels) and countries like Qatar (for arming the rebels) are largely responsible for this dragging on so long.

Luckily it looks as though Government forces have the upper hand now, so perhaps the end may be in sight. And then the West can look for another country to destabilise - like Ukraine.

It seems that you are Syrian or Russian as your vocabulary does not include terms like: "political oposition", "political process", "in opposition", "election", "people voice" ... :o

Just for you a simple rule of thumb that there is a serious problem with the regime/country: same small group of people are in power for longer than 10 years ...

Edited by Damik

But for Putin it is much more important to have the Mediterranean strategic harbour than thousands of murdered women and children

!??? I think this is where I will have to bow out, we have clearly reached the realms of fantasy.

Let's just hope the Russians don't do anything silly as Damik fears like killing women and children, the 96% of Crimeans who have democratically expressed their wish to be part of Russia don't regret their decision and that the West do the sensible thing of not overreacting or escalating it into anything that it isn't.

It seems that you are Syrian or Russian as your vocabulary does not include terms like: "political oposition", "political process", "in opposition", "election", "people voice" ... :o

The rebels in Syria are not 'opposition'. They are terrorists. Half of them are members of Al-Quaeda (or other lesser Terrorist groupings).

!??? I think this is where I will have to bow out, we have clearly reached the realms of fantasy.

Let's just hope the Russians don't do anything silly as Damik fears like killing women and children, the 96% of Crimeans who have democratically expressed their wish to be part of Russia don't regret their decision and that the West do the sensible thing of not overreacting or escalating it into anything that it isn't.

maybe Russia can now look to other areas where they've put lots of Russians to get them to vote to join Russia?

maybe Russia can now look to other areas where they've put lots of Russians to get them to vote to join Russia?

I understand that is the fear in the other bordering countries.

The thing is the Russians would have to physically invade them to force a referendum (as opposed to just mobilise resident forces to support a take-over movement).

I really can't see the Russians doing such a thing but if they did I'd be prepared to admit that I'd completely misread the situation and agree that the Russians had become a serious aggressive threat to European stability.

The fear does raise an interesting point though.. If governments are worried that the majority of their population wish to be part of Russia (instead of part of Europe) shouldn't they be speaking to Russia to organise a referendum of their own? Isn't that the whole point of democracy?

My humble suggestion:

Syria: military intervention to stop the civil war, start a democratic process, prosecute all war crimes

That's incredibly naive - you're talking about a full-scale invasion of dubious legality followed by god-knows what. Have Afghanistan and Iraq taught you nothing?

Russia: isolate politically and economically

Basically, restart the cold war?

If you really want to save women and babies, you need to go back to the drawing board.

That's incredibly naive - you're talking about a full-scale invasion of dubious legality followed by god-knows what. Have Afghanistan and Iraq taught you nothing?

Basically, restart the cold war?

If you really want to save women and babies, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Hmm, same old crap Soviet propaganda. Perhaps you need to ask Eastern Europeans, why they have not enjoyed that and run from Russians to USA/NATO for protection and freedom ...

The rebels in Syria are not 'opposition'. They are terrorists. Half of them are members of Al-Quaeda (or other lesser Terrorist groupings).

Yes, father and son has been running Syria for last 40 years with an iron fist, but there is no opposition, only terrorists.

Or even better, recycling Putin as the president / prime minister for last 4 election terms and going forward. And there are no opposition newspapers, just state controlled TV.

It really reminds me "good old" times of the Soviet era ...

Here we go, Russian troops close to Moldova:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-warning-russia-tightens-grip-crimea-054729611.html#tXxcHm1

The Russian military force on Ukraine's eastern border is "very, very sizeable and very, very ready", according to Nato's top military commander. General Philip Breedlove said he was worried they could make a move for Moldova's breakaway Transdniestria region.

"There is absolutely sufficient force postured on the eastern border of Ukraine to run to Transdniestria if the decision was made to do that and that is very worrisome," said Nato's Supreme Allied Commander in Europe.

Edited by Damik

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-warning-russia-tightens-grip-crimea-054729611.html#tXxcHm1

The Russian military force on Ukraine's eastern border is "very, very sizeable and very, very ready", according to Nato's top military commander. General Philip Breedlove said he was worried they could make a move for Moldova's breakaway Transdniestria region.

"There is absolutely sufficient force postured on the eastern border of Ukraine to run to Transdniestria if the decision was made to do that and that is very worrisome," said Nato's Supreme Allied Commander in Europe.

Good. Go for Ukraine itself next. Going through a friendly Belarus straight down into Kiev.

As far as Im concerned its Russian anyway.

There's some 500 miles between Ukraine's eastern border and Moldova (you need to cross the whole of Ukraine)

Not too close really.

They don't need to send troops to Transnistria anyway as they are already there, including 100 tanks, 200 rocket launchers etc. Country is de-facto independent from Moldova since 1992 anyway.

Here we go. Putin is trying to split his enemies to turn against each other. It seems that Putin wants to escalate it to the shooting stage for all costs:

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_24/Russian-Liberal-Democrats-urge-Poland-Romania-Hungary-to-consider-referenda-in-areas-bordering-Ukraine-5527/

The Russian Liberal Democratic Party has confirmed that it has sent letters to the leaders of Poland, Romania and Hungary urging them to hold referendums in these countries' areas bordering on Ukraine.