House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Why On Earth Would You Go Public Like This?

To show off to everyone else?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/neil-trotter-uk-euromillions-jackpot-3255328

Admittedly, the press would manage to track them down, one way or another...

They'll be hounded until the day they die now...

Such as... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257643/148m-EuroMillions-winner-finally-closes-music-shop-fed-people-begging-money.html

Yes, I can't understand why people go public in the media. I would want as few people as possible to know.

Had to laugh at his surname Trotter.....from London......Del Boy...we'll be millionaires Rodders :lol:

To show off to everyone else?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/neil-trotter-uk-euromillions-jackpot-3255328

Admittedly, the press would manage to track them down, one way or another...

They'll be hounded until the day they die now...

Such as... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257643/148m-EuroMillions-winner-finally-closes-music-shop-fed-people-begging-money.html

Why will they be hounded for ever?

If they employ someone to deal with their mail(a muscular young man with an incinerator should do), change their names and disappear off to somewhere private abroad, the press will forget pretty quickly.

Agreed though, I wouldn't go public.

If they employ someone to deal with their mail(a muscular young man with an incinerator should do), change their names and disappear off to somewhere private abroad, the press will forget pretty quickly.

Probably a bit hard to keep it quiet!

Gosh, if I got that amount of money, I would buy new strings for all my guitars! :blink:

Its a shame that you would have to change your identity for a bit of cash... People will track you down...and I bet they get hundreds of begging letters a week...

How far could you go with "oh, we got a healthy inheritance"...

Gosh, if I got that amount of money, I would buy new strings for all my guitars! :blink:

And get Eric Clapton to come round in person to change them.

And get Eric Clapton to come round in person to change them.

No! I'd rather have Johnny Marr, as I think he is a musician! ;)

Its a shame that you would have to change your identity for a bit of cash... People will track you down...and I bet they get hundreds of begging letters a week...

How far could you go with "oh, we got a healthy inheritance"...

That's another thing I find hard to comprehend. No matter how desperate I was, the last thing I would do is send a begging letter to someone.

I was convinced that I had won it this weekend - had a vibe that was clearly wrong.

I had spent most of it - given enough to friends to enable them to buy some treats, bought myself a house and then set up a charitable trust. I thought it would be cool to do good things with it until I met Jennifer Aniston in first class NY to LA.

Oh well.

I would not have gone public though. A world of grief now awaits him. I hope he avoids it and is happy.

I was convinced that I had won it this weekend - had a vibe that was clearly wrong.

I had spent most of it - given enough to friends to enable them to buy some treats, bought myself a house and then set up a charitable trust. I thought it would be cool to do good things with it until I met Jennifer Aniston in first class NY to LA.

Oh well.

I would not have gone public though. A world of grief now awaits him. I hope he avoids it and is happy.

I can't understand why they would choose to go public, maybe a lot of pressure is put on them.....or they are told it will go public whatever so you may as well go along with our good publicity, will look after you etc......l think people will soon forget, another multi millionaire will be along tomorrow..... ;)

I can't understand why they would choose to go public, maybe a lot of pressure is put on them.....or they are told it will go public whatever so you may as well go along with our good publicity, will look after you etc......l think people will soon forget, another multi millionaire will be along tomorrow..... ;)

He drives a BMW Coupe.

Of course he would go public.

I'd get "my people" to ring Stephen Stills.

How much for your White Falcon Stevie?

Seriously, i would.

Seriously, i would.

Could you hire Mr. Pin to be "your people"? That conversation would be worth taping :lol:

Seriously, i would.

Shindig! I have a White Falcon! It's the most expensive guitar I ever bought! And I won't do it again! :blink::blink:

And I didn't pay that much! It's not for the "shy"! Is it? :o:o

Shindig! I have a White Falcon! It's the most expensive guitar I ever bought! And I won't do it again! :blink::blink:

And I didn't pay that much! It's not for the "shy"! Is it? :o:o

Is it falling apart? Binding rot?

I'd be scared to buy an old Gretsch as an investment.

Maybe a new Brian Setzer?

Pure sex!

I have a plan for when I win a hge sum on the lottery.

It wnt include going public, but will involve a staged exit.

I will send my friends on this street a letter each. There will be a cheque and a letter.

!

Is it falling apart? Binding rot?

I'd be scared to buy an old Gretsch as an investment.

Maybe a new Brian Setzer?

Pure sex!

No! It''s a 2006 model! All Japanese! Love the BS model! The other one I have is a 2000 model, "Elliot

Easton" Signature model Jet! In red! With a Bigsby tail piece! The only make of guitar I bought more than of!! :blink:

I have a plan for when I win a hge sum on the lottery.

It wnt include going public, but will involve a staged exit.

I will send my friends on this street a letter each. There will be a cheque and a letter.

Which one is you? I know who I am.

sesame_street_street_wall_border_repeat_detail.jpg