House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Less Red Tape For Business

Have been asked by an insurance company::

In February 2011, the Financial Services Authority announced new regulations which affect the capture and supply of Employers’ Liability policy information.

It works in much the same way as the Motor Insurance Database (MID) in that it is intended as a central register, maintained by insurers, to record who was your insurer for Employers’ Liability and for what period.

As time goes on this will become much more important, particularly for claims that are made against you/your insurers in the many years to come, and will ensure that when your records are harder to find, this central register will enable the regulation to be met and records found.

To meet the requirements of this legislation please could you provide me with confirmation of your Employer Reference Number(s) (ERN) ? Also referred to as the Employer PAYE reference on pay-slips, P45, P60 and P11D

All your ERN’s need to be captured, and some companies have multiple numbers, such as if you operate separate PAYE schemes for different business locations or ex-pats or company directors.

We will record this (these) on our system and also supply the number(s) to your insurer, and each time your employers’ liability insurer changes in the future we will advise each new insurer of your ERN for them to record on the central register, along with their policy number and insurance period etc

http://www.elto.org.uk/

((

Please select the statement(s) that apply to you

Claimants, claimant’s relatives, claimant solicitors

I am a claimant [or their relative or their solicitor] and I am searching for an insurer to make a claim against

.....................................................................................AND

My claim relates to a disease caused or accident sustained during the course of employment

My claim relates to a disease caused or accident sustained on someone's property or by someone who is not my employer

Employers, insurance brokers, defendant solicitors

I am an employer [or their insurance broker or their solicitor] and I am searching for my own insurance policy

......................................................................................AND

I am facing a claim from my employee that relates to a disease caused or accident sustained while they were employed by me

I am facing a claim from someone who is not/has not been an employee that relates to a disease caused or accident sustained on my property

))

-----------------------------------

Surely the only thing anyone needs to know is who the company is currently insured with?

Edited by SarahBell