House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Htb On "you And Yours" Phone-In Now

I'm all for help to buy 1 as it is increasing the supply of properties.

There should be a 'help to let' where 'investors' can get a subsidy to buy new builds to rent out - much needed IMO.

I am against the current planning regime where no consideration is given to low density development or self builders.

NINJA on now asking why being unemployed should be a barrier to home ownership, ie allow people to push housing benefit into HTB instead.

Here comes Pryor talking about no bubble and the virtue of putting a floor under prices. Thanks, Henry.

Builder stooge saying that the idea that HTB1 affects prices generally is 'not very credible'.

Edited by The Knimbies who say no

Ultimately the builders should just give people the houses which are paid for by the government (taxpayer).

The only drawback would be that the builders would have to spend the money extremely quickly (using their wheelbarrows of course) - preferably before they even received it.

It won't have been suggested on the phone in yet? but it will be given time.

Edited by billybong

Council houses?

Council houses/government (taxpayer) funded houses with no rent - or at least rent postponed in perpetuity. Given time it's bound to be suggested during the phone in.

Edited by billybong

Persimmon guy giving a good puff for HTB- no bubble, extension to 2020 gives everyone the confidence that it won't end. **** a hoop, essentially.

I'm sure these bastards can barely believe their luck. Five years ago they were washed up. Now HtB is shovelling money into their hands faster than they can spend it and the govt is promising to keep the good times rolling forever.

Want help to buy, but unemployed..... The benefits to pay the mortgage.......says it all. :blink:

Heard that.. A grown man baffled when the banks stopped returning his calls when enquiring about a mortgage whilst unemployed :lol:

Id like to hire that man! :lol::lol::lol:

Societies to blame I expect.

I'm sure these bastards can barely believe their luck. Five years ago they were washed up. Now HtB is shovelling money into their hands faster than they can spend it and the govt is promising to keep the good times rolling forever.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

The guy who pointed out that the billions being spent on help to buy should be spent on building affordable social housing made good point- not only would this create a long term state owned asset, it would also help reduce the housing benefit bill.

But the Tories have chosen instead to inflate house prices and subsidize their builder friends.

HTB 1 at least has the virtue of increasing the supply of private housing- HTB2 is pure politics.

Why waste money on the NHS when there are still rich people who want more cash?

In 2008 we weren't facing a systemic collapse. We were confronted with the potential disappointment of some people who thought they'd made a 200% on a leveraged investment and might have to settle for a 120% return. Brown referred to these people as innocent victims of an unforeseeable disaster. These people needed government aid that made the Marshall plan appear modest by comparison. Not money to build new homes like after ww2. But money to flood the market with cheap finance and restrict supply by subsidising builders to keep excess stock off the free market. Where's the Luftwaffe when you need them?

I'm all for help to buy 1 as it is increasing the supply of properties.

HTB 1 at least has the virtue of increasing the supply of private housing

The supply of new properties is limited by the planners. HTB1 just means that when new properties are built they can be sold for a higher price.

The format of the program makes "The One Show" look like brain surgery. The BBC agenda is one of flag waving. That is why the show, it's presenter and the contributors stink, and deserve each other.

:lol: My rule of thumb is that if it is on the Diddy Box, it is for brainwashing/entertainment only, serious discussion of the real issues rarely gets presented apart from the odd lapse which is usually quickly shut down by the presenter.

:lol: My rule of thumb is that if it is on the Diddy Box, it is for brainwashing/entertainment only, serious discussion of the real issues rarely gets presented apart from the odd lapse which is usually quickly shut down by the presenter.

You clearly missed this morning's phone in on Radio WM about the discovery of 'Einstein's gravity waves' at the South Pole...

"I must stress it's only a theory... loik Adam and Eve!"