House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Can The Uk Deport Anyone?

A judge says he cannot deport an alleged mafia boss to Italy because there is a risk he might be mistreated in Italy.

So does that mean every alleged Italian crook will now come and live in the UK? The mafia bosses could move here en masse.

If he was alive I suspect Hitler could enjoy a good life in the UK today.

So the judge is implying that Italy, a member of the EU, wouldn't treat the crook properly. Perhaps they'd actually PUNISH him! We should all emigrate there immediately. :)

It is a nonsense.

Crooks will flock here. Other countries can start giving their crooks air tickets to the UK. Once in we can't get them out.

At least it'll mean Amanda Knox can holiday here....!

A judge says he cannot deport an alleged mafia boss to Italy because there is a risk he might be mistreated in Italy.

Who are these judges making crazy decisions like this? I never see interviews with them explaining themselves. As pointed out already this judgement casts a slur on Italy. Either there's more to the story, or the judicial system is going horribly wrong. I just don't understand why these things are happening in the UK. People have been jailed for not paying a TV license while violent criminals get the most lenient sentences imaginable. Criticize the USA anytime, but they don't do lenient sentences and there is no state TV channel.

So does that mean every alleged Italian crook will now come and live in the UK? The mafia bosses could move here en masse.

I'm sure under EU law there is also a stipulation somewhere that prisoners, even if convicted in a non-native country, can serve out their sentence in their home jurisdiction.

. I just don't understand why these things are happening in the UK.

because it is an attack!!

stupid boy.

some of the people running the EU are hostile towards us(even though they have a good line in sales patter).

not just commies either, they are being used by the likes of van rompuy etc( if you want to look at the educational leanings of barroso,draghi,van rompuoy etc you will find your answer)

and yes they are under the influence of "loyola's spiritual exercises"

It is weird that judges see to think that anywhere outside of their juridiction is a seething pit of judicial inequity, making it virtually unacceptable to deport anyone anywhere. Unless they're whistleblowers on the run from the US of course, bugger them.

It's BS isn't it? We seem to be willing to deport people who probably actually haven't done anything on the basis of a European arrest warrant or an extradition request from the US but when we have a real live hardened crook to deal with we're powerless to act.

It is weird that judges see to think that anywhere outside of their juridiction is a seething pit of judicial inequity, making it virtually unacceptable to deport anyone anywhere.

Yes it is. Very weird :blink:

And we can blame the EU all we like. But it's our own judges interpreting EU guidelines in this way. I'm sure if they were inclined to do so, they'd twist EU law to suit whatever their agenda was.

A judge says he cannot deport an allegedconvicted mafia boss to Italy because there is a risk he might be mistreated in Italy.

We had Berezovsky. Bigger, I think, than any Italian Mafia boss.

Yes it is. Very weird :blink:

And we can blame the EU all we like. But it's our own judges interpreting EU guidelines in this way. I'm sure if they were inclined to do so, they'd twist EU law to suit whatever their agenda was.

This judge made some pointed remarks. I think he meant to come across as "this is very bad, but someone made me do it". Nothing to do with EU law or even anyone's interpretation of it.