House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SEW247

Rogue Estate Agent

Mods, please can you give this a bit of time in the bear pit :P to flavour a bit of debate and to hopefully give me some help! Them please drop to the appropriate forum afterwards - greatly appreciated.

My situation:

- Trying to sell my place with my Agent A to my buyer, who is causing problems and dragging things out.

- Trying to buy from my vendor via Agent B who is fine, absolutely no problem at all.

- My vendor is trying to buy his place via Agent C.

Basically Agents A and C have fallen out so Agent C doesn't trust Agent A and my buyer is delaying things as her mortgage company lost some paperwork(!) and it's taking weeks for her to get her written mortgage offer. Instead, Agent C has got my number and keeps calling me and asking questions about my buyer as she is the one holding things up (everyone else in chain is ready to exchange). He's asking for her address and phone number which I don't give him and no one else gives him.

Suddenly I hear today from my vendor that Agent C has somehow managed to get my buyer's number and it now seems he is harassing her. My concern is that she's going to throw a wobbly and possibly pull out, this will then impact my purchase. I'm not worried about finding another buyer, but doing so will cause delays with searches / mortgage valuation (down here in Londinium) which means my vendor may then find someone else.

Does anyone know:

- Apart from obviously being completely unethical, has Agent C done anything illegal / Breeched the Property Ombudsmen's code?

- Does the Property Ombudsmen have any teeth (his firm is a member) and can they do anything?

- if my sale fell through and it turns out his harassment caused this, could I try and claim for damages?

- Is it worth just pursuing a complaint with the ombudsmen just to try and get Agent C into the sh!v?

- is there any other sort of Ombudsmen / code of practice agents should follow (I think I know the answer....)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

:)

Mods, please can you give this a bit of time in the bear pit :P to flavour a bit of debate and to hopefully give me some help! Them please drop to the appropriate forum afterwards - greatly appreciated.

My situation:

- Trying to sell my place with my Agent A to my buyer, who is causing problems and dragging things out.

- Trying to buy from my vendor via Agent B who is fine, absolutely no problem at all.

- My vendor is trying to buy his place via Agent C.

Basically Agents A and C have fallen out so Agent C doesn't trust Agent A and my buyer is delaying things as her mortgage company lost some paperwork(!) and it's taking weeks for her to get her written mortgage offer. Instead, Agent C has got my number and keeps calling me and asking questions about my buyer as she is the one holding things up (everyone else in chain is ready to exchange). He's asking for her address and phone number which I don't give him and no one else gives him.

Suddenly I hear today from my vendor that Agent C has somehow managed to get my buyer's number and it now seems he is harassing her. My concern is that she's going to throw a wobbly and possibly pull out, this will then impact my purchase. I'm not worried about finding another buyer, but doing so will cause delays with searches / mortgage valuation (down here in Londinium) which means my vendor may then find someone else.

Does anyone know:

- Apart from obviously being completely unethical, has Agent C done anything illegal / Breeched the Property Ombudsmen's code?

- Does the Property Ombudsmen have any teeth (his firm is a member) and can they do anything?

- if my sale fell through and it turns out his harassment caused this, could I try and claim for damages?

- Is it worth just pursuing a complaint with the ombudsmen just to try and get Agent C into the sh!v?

- is there any other sort of Ombudsmen / code of practice agents should follow (I think I know the answer....)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

:)

Its not illegal to speak to people in the Uk! Incidently I have some sympathy last time I needed a mortgage the bank forgot to forward certified documents and basically had to be monitored and supervised in every step of the process. Making an official complaint did help.

Its not illegal to speak to people in the Uk! Incidently I have some sympathy last time I needed a mortgage the bank forgot to forward certified documents and basically had to be monitored and supervised in every step of the process. Making an official complaint did help.

No but I think it might be illegal to harrass someone?