House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Crowd Funding

What makes you dig deep and send money?

I'm afraid the concept is a bit alien to me and I'm not sure why you'd give money to some of these "schemes".

What makes you dig deep and send money?

I'm afraid the concept is a bit alien to me and I'm not sure why you'd give money to some of these "schemes".

I suppose if you want something to happen and you don't see any chance of it happening otherwise. Plus you may get a bonus for being in there first.

Computer game sequels ?

I suppose if you want something to happen and you don't see any chance of it happening otherwise. Plus you may get a bonus for being in there first.

Computer game sequels ?

I can understand that aspect of it. Just some of the other stuff thats on there.

My son has contributed to a couple. He's has some fab parcels of stuff when the game has been made.

I can understand that aspect of it. Just some of the other stuff thats on there.

My son has contributed to a couple. He's has some fab parcels of stuff when the game has been made.

When I first looked into this I was expecting them to be offering actual shares in the scheme rather than the organisers keeping full ownership and sending you some tat.

I was disappointed.

When I first looked into this I was expecting them to be offering actual shares in the scheme rather than the organisers keeping full ownership and sending you some tat.

I was disappointed.

Evidently crowdfunding means different things to different people.

In my book, those who contribute to the funding do own something: either equity or debt. Otherwise it's at best charity, or at worst a scam.