Ash4781

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Level 127. I just can't stop :(

Stop now, gets stupid past 200.

I completed it, well technically I didn't as they update the levels every month or so. I stopped playing when I maxed out at 450

I'm assuming you use the date reset cheat to get unlimited lives?

I played it on the train, passes the time.

HOLA446

I completed it, well technically I didn't as they update the levels every month or so. I stopped playing when I maxed out at 450

I think I was in the 200s when I got bored..

I thought the difficultly level reached the point where the fun stopped and I didn't really want to start spending money on it.

HOLA447

The "data reset cheat"? What's that then?

I am on level 421. But stuck.

And am doing the stupid owl levels.

Addictive but I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT.

HOLA448

Gaming is the new drug.

Insidiously eating away at more and more of our precious free time.

These games are crafted specially to provide regular squirts of dopamine, the brains reward chemical, for doing fairly idiotic stuff.

They are addictive. Your brain undergoes physical changes over time with these things. A large percentage of the population are hooked which is why these companies are worth billions.

HOLA449

Gaming is the new drug.

These games are crafted specially to provide regular squirts of dopamine, the brains reward chemical, for doing fairly idiotic stuff.

They are addictive. Your brain undergoes physical changes over time with these things. A large percentage of the population are hooked which is why these companies are worth billions.

your're not wrong. everything in that game disease seems designed to hit dopamine receptors.

there is also an insidious social networking aspect to it, which spreads the virus to other hosts.

it represents everything that's wrong with 21st C. capitalism, imo.

http://sfsu.uloop.com/news/view.php/76601/why-i-absolutely-hate-candy-crush

HOLA4410

The "data reset cheat"? What's that then?

I am on level 421. But stuck.

And am doing the stupid owl levels.

Addictive but I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT.

Wind the date forward? Heard somebody on the radio say that her daughter was halfway through next year.

330 or so, irritating stage I'm not enjoying so not playing much.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Wind the date forward? Heard somebody on the radio say that her daughter was halfway through next year.

330 or so, irritating stage I'm not enjoying so not playing much.

CBA. Can play on PC and then go and put ipad on and have another 5 lives there. Am bored silly by then.

Am only as far on as I am as OH is very good at that sort of game.

For bejewelled he wrote a 'thing' that played the game for you, so you got mega high scores.

HOLA4413

CBA. Can play on PC and then go and put ipad on and have another 5 lives there. Am bored silly by then.

Am only as far on as I am as OH is very good at that sort of game.

For bejewelled he wrote a 'thing' that played the game for you, so you got mega high scores.

Scary thing is, there's probably a market for that sort of thing.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Gaming is the new drug.

How does HPC manage it?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU AIN'T PLAYED GTA V AND WANT TO BEWARE

Dunno if this is the right thread, but what the hell. My brother has acquired a copy of GTA V to play on my PS3 that I bought a couple of years ago- at the time I justified it as a way of playing 3D Blu-Rays (of which I have subequently purchased...none) and which I've almost never touched since (he's completed a couple of games on it).

Anyway, GTA V being supposedly the best game of all time I put in a couple of hours on my account (not clashing with his saved games) and found it quite tedious, if I'm honest. One of the training levels involves playing a bank raid as character Trevor- he reappears later in the game.

...And so quite co-incidentally, the point at which he re-appears is when I next wandered into the front room and observed my brother playing the game, a couple of days later. There's a long cut scene which starts with Trevor taking a drug addicted girl from behind in his kitchen; he then wanders off and is reproached for his conduct by the girl's equally drug-fcked boyfriend. Trevor then kills that guy by repeatedly stamping on his head, and then becomes a playable character, whose first mission is to wipe out all of the druggy's mates by shooting them.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I just thought it was awful. I played GTA3, and Vice City, on the PS2 many years ago and yes it was novel and fun when you were bored of the missions to go on a rampage killing pedestrians etc. but you'd get instant police heat for even carjacking someone, let alone gunning down 20 people. In GTA V it seems that murder's fine, only thievery provokes police interest.

GTA V has an 18 rating, yes, but how much use is that in the real world? Maybe in cut scenes I've not yet seen Trevor is made to look like somebody nobody would aspire to be. But from what I know right now you're obliged to play as a headstamper to complete the game.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived