House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Rip Bob Crow

Bob was a very intelligent man who was able to run rings around our less intelligent politicians including Boris.

But not the brains :D

True, but I've noticed a lot of left-wing politicians die suddenly in their fifties when they are being a pain in the Establishment's a*se

52? He looked like he was 75!

And acted like he was 100, to have grown up and formed his views in the pre-Attlee era of working-class exploitation and struggle.

And acted like he was 100, to have grown up and formed his views in the pre-Attlee era of working-class exploitation and struggle.

Well, there is some sort of class struggle going on - no matter how hard you work, you are likely to have fallen far behind in recent years as compared to the uber-rich. The middle class is being eroded, and the working class has largely melted away into an underclass dependent on welfare and tax credits.

Indeed. That's why the tube workers have had the kind of pay rises that everyone should have been getting, looking at the wages/productivity graphs we see so often.

True, but I've noticed a lot of left-wing politicians die suddenly in their fifties when they are being a pain in the Establishment's a*se

John Smith Syndrome.

:ph34r:

Bob was a very intelligent man who was able to run rings around our less intelligent politicians including Boris.

His defence of his subsidised accommodation provided in the main by people less well paid than him doesn't tally with your comment. But that might be just emotional intelligence.

I thought his tactics and brutish manner were very effective for his members - not sure if you are confusing intelligence with a very well executed strategy - cunning if you like.

He was a good foil to Boris the Bafoon and has left a big gap.

Good riddance, let's have a street party! Oh, wait, it's not funny when it's about a lefty.

He was anti EU though. I put national sovereignty and self determination above left/right. Might not agree with his politics but at least he wasnt an anti-british traitor like Cameron, balls, Clegg etc.

He was anti EU though. I put national sovereignty and self determination above left/right. Might not agree with his politics but at least he wasnt an anti-british traitor like Cameron, balls, Clegg etc.

I was looking into voting for his party No2Eu http://no2eu.com/

RIP

Crow's last stand was defending his £145,000 salary yesterday. Obviously worth it for getting underground train drivers £52,000 a year for driving trains that actually drive themselves. I bet every worker wished that they had a Bob Crow on their side.

TBh I thought he looked at least in his sixties, also gobsmacked when I discovered he was only 52.

I guess living in a council house with unlimited money for eating and living the high life may have weighed on his health. Living well isn't that good for longevity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2577866/My-145-000-pay-Im-worth-insists-Crow-Militant-union-chief-defends-six-figure-salary-interview.html

Crow's last stand was defending his £145,000 salary yesterday. Obviously worth it for getting underground train drivers £52,000 a year for driving trains that actually drive themselves. I bet every worker wished that they had a Bob Crow on their side.

TBh I thought he looked at least in his sixties, also gobsmacked when I discovered he was only 52.

I guess living in a council house with unlimited money for takeaways may have been his undong. Living well isn't that good for longevity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2577866/My-145-000-pay-Im-worth-insists-Crow-Militant-union-chief-defends-six-figure-salary-interview.html

Didnt do Cyril Smith any harm

Cyril-Smith-centre-with-A-007.jpg

Although if you believe David Icke he probably sucked the lifeforce out of those poor kids to extend his reptilian lifespan.

Personally I think its all genes. Docs just spout this 'good living' rubbish as a form of control over patients.

One of the few leaders who still talked sense on any subject. Ran rings around Eton educated de pfeffels.

I'd take 1 Bob Crow over 100 Camerons, Boris Johnsons, Osborners or Milibands.

What an awful tragedy for a man so young. Pleased he at least enjoyed his holiday in Brazil rather than spent the time arguing with that moron johnson.

Must admit though that I thought it would be Alex Salmond that would be meeting an unexpected demise. I guess there's still a few months left on that one..........

I'd take 1 Bob Crow over 100 Camerons, Boris Johnsons, Osborners or Milibands.

That's not really a huge compliment IMO but I guess you meant it as one, there are things stuck on the bottom of my shoes sometimes that I prefer to that lot, I can always wash off dogsh1t, can't seem to get rid of them though.......

Not just left-wing politicians. My father held a more lavish than usual 58th birthday party, because over his lifetime he knew over a dozen friends, colleagues and relatives, all of them male, who had died of chronic or acute illness during their 57th years. I was able to add one more when a prof in my former department died of cancer aged 57, three years ago. Being male and in your 50s is inherently high risk.

Didnt do Cyril Smith any harm

Sodomising schoolboys is clearly a recipe for health and a long life...

Yeah, I know, I was having a dig at the left not him particularly. In reality this is a sad loss for his friends and family. I'm in two minds as to whether his union members will do better with or without him but that's a separate issue from the human side of a guy cut down well before his time.

This is what he had to say about Thatcher's death for reference:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/10/bob-crow-says-margaret-thatcher-hell_n_3053696.html

"I wont shed one single tear over her death," he added. "She destroyed the NHS and destroyed industry in this country and as far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell."

Not just left-wing politicians. My father held a more lavish than usual 58th birthday party, because over his lifetime he knew over a dozen friends, colleagues and relatives, all of them male, who had died of chronic or acute illness during their 57th years. I was able to add one more when a prof in my former department died of cancer aged 57, three years ago. Being male and in your 50s is inherently high risk.

I had better get a stupidly large motorcycle, while I still can!

Sodomising schoolboys is clearly a recipe for health and a long life...

I'm not sure that is a lifestyle I would recommend!