House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wherebee

More Racism From The Guardian

So -

Guardian article HERE talking about an attack on an Angolan war refugee. So far so good (although I note that no comment on whether accepting refugees from a conflict half a world away and not of our making is sensible). What I found interesting was this para:

One of the white gargoyles then attempts to assault him. Melo, though, was having none of it and began rebuking his assailants while defending himself with a small trolley he had been using as a prop. Melo, who looks like a chap with substantial reserves of character and courage, decides he might as well go down fighting.

Now - can we imagine if a telegraph article had called ethnic minority attackers 'monkeys' 'or 'trolls'. A short sharp investigation and sacking of the journalist, I would expect......but nothing for the Guardian, I expect. Or will someone tell me I am wrong to be offended?

edit: corrected to have the link in

So -

Guardian article HERE talking about an attack on an Angolan war refugee. So far so good (although I note that no comment on whether accepting refugees from a conflict half a world away and not of our making is sensible). What I found interesting was this para:

One of the white gargoyles then attempts to assault him. Melo, though, was having none of it and began rebuking his assailants while defending himself with a small trolley he had been using as a prop. Melo, who looks like a chap with substantial reserves of character and courage, decides he might as well go down fighting.

Now - can we imagine if a telegraph article had called ethnic minority attackers 'monkeys' 'or 'trolls'. A short sharp investigation and sacking of the journalist, I would expect......but nothing for the Guardian, I expect. Or will someone tell me I am wrong to be offended?

The Guardian is the Daily Mail of the left.

BTW that is not just a flippant comment. It is how the papers operate.

Both feature troll columnists and articles to stir up controversy deliberately with the aim of garnering hits on their web site and therefore more advertising revenue.

Once you understand their modus operandi then the comments above can be seen as part of a wider revenue policy.