House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest unregistered

Tablecloths

I think you need to get out more Consa ;):P:lol:

Nothing wrong with a healthy interest in tablecloths

http://www.vintagetableclothsclub.com/

Pamela Glasell is the author of The Collector's Guide to Vintage Tablecloths, SchifferPublishing, 2002. She is the president of the Vintage Tablecloth Lover's Club which has mopre than 100 members in the United States and Canada. She has a personal collection of more than 550 vintage tablecloths, runs several successful web stores and is currently working on her next two books

table.jpg

post-2255-1133088571_thumb.jpg

Bump :lol:

I have heard a great idea.

Buy an old house in bad repair.

When there is a viewing, cunningly put your best tablecloth in pride of place on the kitchen table (possibly have a nice pot of tea brewing)

...........It will incresase the value by 10-20K

(no need to worry, my advice is free. No need to pay commission)

Guest consa

I have heard a great idea.

Buy an old house in bad repair.

When there is a viewing, cunningly put your best tablecloth in pride of place on the kitchen table (possibly have a nice pot of tea brewing)

...........It will incresase the value by 10-20K

(no need to worry, my advice is free. No need to pay commission)

Are you stealing my Idea? :blink:

The checkered pattern distracts the eye in a subtle way especially if it is on one of those drop sided cheap tables, this is the latest fashion, don't be obscured in your thoughts or put off by those on the C4 forum, they just haven't got a clue when it comes down to investment in tablecloths, if you have a plastic one - any spilt tea can be easily put back into the cup so no wastage ;)

Oh the JOY of Vinyl Lace Tablecloths http://www.marlbil.com/

My vinyl crocheted tablecloths add a practical elegance to your dining experience

untitled.jpg

It's a real value to those of you who want the traditional look of open lace crochet without the worry and work of caring for it. When something spills, just wipe it up! Done eating, clear the dishes and wipe it off! Need to wash it, throw it in the machine with the rest of the wash. How's that for practical!!

My god how have i lived without one all these years.

This is what one happy customer thought:

Hi, I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you WOW. I love the pineapple tablecloth I purchased from you. I just received it and couldn't wait to place it on the table. When I did I actually gasped. It is so beautiful and looks just like real lace.

Shelly

I'll be ordering more!!!

Edit: do not forget thiese will:

Enhance your dining experience with the elegance and beauty

and

Broaden your decorating options through out your home

post-2255-1133103062_thumb.jpg

Guest magnoliawalls

Oh the JOY of Vinyl Lace Tablecloths http://www.marlbil.com/

untitled.jpg

Consa - did you write this:

Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for the lovely tablecloth! I have been using vinyl tablecloths all my life, I have had many different sizes, styles and colours of them, but yours is wow..Wow..WOW! Best of the Best!!! I almost wanted to frame it and hang it on the wall instead of laying it on the table ;-) The look and feel of it is just unbelievable! AND the price is unbeatable in the Western world!

I am expecting some important guests in a few weeks, I really look forward to show off this masterpiece!

Thank you again and God bless you!

Cindy Engvold

:lol:

*Flexes CC*

Where do I order?

I confess that I did use to have a plastic tablecloth, but in my defence it was when sprog was little as I'd had enough of trying to scrape weetabix off the table. I haven't used one since - honest! In fact I think I still have a posh Irish Linen one somewhere that was a wedding present. Still in it's box.

In fact I think I still have a posh Irish Linen one somewhere that was a wedding present. Still in it's box.

Such a waste. Think of the joy it could bring to those who behold its frilly tableclothy beauty!! I am SOBBING, yes SOBBING!

The founder members of the "vintage tablecloth club" will be turning in their lace lined grave!!

Pssst...it's not frilly. I don't think I've ever owned anything frilly in my life!

Well get yourself down to the shops and treat yourself to a nice pink frilly tablecloth.

Oh and i can not see your avatar today. Might just be me though. I hope you have changed it to one more similar to your previous 2

Well get yourself down to the shops and treat yourself to a nice pink frilly tablecloth.

Oh and i can not see your avatar today. Might just be me though. I hope you have changed it to one more similar to your previous 2

Nope, it's still the fuzzywuzzy one for the time being.

Frills are just impossible to iron though. Any tips?

I like those checked blue plastic one's what about you?

s_26_1992.jpg

Consa

I was really grateful for all the work you put in putting my site www.vessilabrako.co.uk onto the search engines. I just hope I wasn't responsible for starting your unhealthy interest in tablecloths!

Then I realised I couldn't be as at Vessila & Brako we sell a better class of cloth than blue plastic!

Pensive

Guest consa

I have never owned an iron. I have learned to love the wrinkled look :)

WARNING:- Never Iron plastic tablecloths,ever!!!!

Consa

I was really grateful for all the work you put in putting my site www.vessilabrako.co.uk onto the search engines. I just hope I wasn't responsible for starting your unhealthy interest in tablecloths!

Then I realised I couldn't be as at Vessila & Brako we sell a better class of cloth than blue plastic!

Pensive

No it wasn't you, I can't afford cloth anyway - thats for snobs :P

I cannot believe this was moved off topic. How does it NOT relate to a House Price Crash? Everybody knows that an appropriate tablecloth can be make or break for a sale in these tough times.

Guest consa

I cannot believe this was moved off topic. How does it NOT relate to a House Price Crash? Everybody knows that an appropriate tablecloth can be make or break for a sale in these tough times.

The popularity of tablecloths is immense and is definately related to house prices, I bet if you put an ugly lime green one on when trying to sell your house - you wouldn't sell it, but if you were to put a nice pastel or checked one on, your house would be snapped up within a week, don't forget to take your tablecloth with you though.

[Why isn't this pinned?]