House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycocco

How Can I Wet My Beak With Shale Gas

With russia angry everybody wants a piece of the pie and now me. What are some good FTSE plays?

Dunno about the FTSE but there must surely be some companies involved in liquefying shale gas in the States to sell to Europe, that is going to be big business anyway, but this Crimea thing has brought it into the open that the Russians can do whatever they like while they remain the gas supplier to Europe, so I'd imagine there will be huge pressure from Merkel et al to develop alternative supplies. Similar opportunities in other non-Russian gas supplying countries maybe.....

Are we all looking forward to paying for the Ukraine to try and make itself into a civilised country?

Wonder how much Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Portugal are going to contribute.....

With russia angry everybody wants a piece of the pie and now me. What are some good FTSE plays?

Research who owns the acreage. Other wise look at Haliburton, Schlumberger, and Baker Hughes - they are the big Oilfield service companies with a lot of fracking experience but you'll need to trade on the Amercian markets.

Dunno about the FTSE but there must surely be some companies involved in liquefying shale gas in the States to sell to Europe, that is going to be big business anyway, but this Crimea thing has brought it into the open that the Russians can do whatever they like while they remain the gas supplier to Europe, so I'd imagine there will be huge pressure from Merkel et al to develop alternative supplies. Similar opportunities in other non-Russian gas supplying countries maybe.....

Are we all looking forward to paying for the Ukraine to try and make itself into a civilised country?

Wonder how much Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy and Portugal are going to contribute.....

Another good reason for Merkel to reconsider Germany's nuclear policy. Also, Germany could lease Dogger bank off the UK crown and build the 9000MW wind farm it could hold.

Anything to throttle back Vlad the Impalers life blood.

Weir engineering sell drilling rigs and they're on the main London Stock Exchange.

If you want to be more speculative try Quadrilla, they are doing a lot of the drilling - but I don't know where their shares are quoted/

Weir engineering sell drilling rigs and they're on the main London Stock Exchange.

If you want to be more speculative try Quadrilla, they are doing a lot of the drilling - but I don't know where their shares are quoted/

Suggestions from Motley Fool, one of them was Weir

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2014/05/02/3-companies-that-could-boom-from-the-shale-bonanza-ashtead-group-plc-amec-plc-and-weir-group-plc/?source=uhpsithla0000003

Edited by IP Newcomer

pnga etf. Nice set up for 500% growth over few years

I bought £300 worth of Statoil shares yesterday.

I'm just pissing about really. Its actually 15 shares. :lol:

Do you know of any "cash like" SS ISA funds KB?

I dont want to play trackers at the moment as i think its all due a fall.

pnga etf. Nice set up for 500% growth over few years

Down 51% in the last 12 months.

Did the OP or anyone else get wet?

Sorry to resurrect a zombie - anyone have any ideas on companies with an interest in fracking in France? Please note, viability and sanity of the investment is absolutely not important for this exercise. Just a couple of names would be great.

Sorry to resurrect a zombie - anyone have any ideas on companies with an interest in fracking in France? Please note, viability and sanity of the investment is absolutely not important for this exercise. Just a couple of names would be great.

I thought the government there had banned it.

I thought the government there had banned it.

My understanding is they expect that decision to be reversed sooner rather than later. At the moment I guess fracking is not economically viable, so it's easy to refuse licenses and look like they care what the electorate think while nobody actually wants one.