House Price Crash Forum

There Are Forced Sellers Everywhere

88Crash

HOLA441

We already know what creates a forced seller Death, Divorce etc,

But there is one forced seller that is discretely flogging property cheaper than private sellers.

It won’t be much longer before ‘discrete’ becomes a public ‘free for all’

To use a phrase the VI’s like to use, I would venture

"This time it will be different"

During the last crash, developers had a limited effect on the market and generally chased down the prices along with everybody else

Even the biggest builders had limited UK coverage and most (if no all) were not even in the FTSE250

Now all the big guys are listed plc's and with Persimmon announcing a buy out of Westbury last week, Persimmon will be the first UK housebuilder to make the FTSE 100

Persimmon can't wait around for the 'stalemate' between buyers and sellers, forever –

Persimmon, etc ARE the equivalent of forced sellers

Edited by 88Crash

HOLA442

I have always believed the new construction sales will lead the market down. Builders sell to make a profit or, in a falling market, to avoid a loss. There is no sentiment, no pride, no irrational expectations. When the market is turning negative they unload stock just like any other seller to the public.

HOLA443

When the market is turning negative they unload stock just like any other seller to the public.

They are already 'unloading stock' but its discreet via hidden discounts

No one builder wants to be the first, to openly drop their prices on a national scale

However, you may remember about a year ago, there were NO hidden discounts (i.e. cash back, stamp duty paid etc,)

Once one volume builder started advertsiing 'offers', the others had no choice but to follow

It will be the same if one big builder starts to openly reduce prices i.e.

"2 bed apartments - fantastic offers - 50K off last years prices"

There are only two possible outcomes

1. Prices and sales volumes start rising across the UK next spring and FTB's come out to play

2. Cut Throat pricing will begin

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest muttley

I remember a story from the last recession about a family who paid top whack for the first 4 bed house in a large development.The rest of the houses (about 10 of them) were eventually sold off to the council at a discount.The original family tried to sue for loss of equity.

HOLA446

How can vultures like us find the really cheap houses? The developers aren't going to be advertising them, are they?

I know that one way they are discretely driving the market down is by taking houses at full price "part exchange" and then selling them on cheaper for ready cash. How else are we to get really cheap houses from them? Write to them directly?

HOLA447

We already know what creates a forced seller Death, Divorce etc,

But there is one forced seller that is discretely flogging property cheaper than private sellers.

It won’t be much longer before ‘discrete’ becomes a public ‘free for all’

To use a phrase the VI’s like to use, I would venture

"This time it will be different"

During the last crash, developers had a limited effect on the market and generally chased down the prices along with everybody else

Even the biggest builders had limited UK coverage and most (if no all) were not even in the FTSE250

Now all the big guys are listed plc's and with Persimmon announcing a buy out of Westbury last week, Persimmon will be the first UK housebuilder to make the FTSE 100

Persimmon can't wait around for the 'stalemate' between buyers and sellers, forever –

Persimmon, etc ARE the equivalent of forced sellers

What are/were the four Ds the market commentators often refer to, death divorce are the first two anyone know the other two?

HOLA448

How can vultures like us find the really cheap houses? The developers aren't going to be advertising them, are they?

I know that one way they are discretely driving the market down is by taking houses at full price "part exchange" and then selling them on cheaper for ready cash. How else are we to get really cheap houses from them? Write to them directly?

Monitor and check the houses that got sold, and then came back on the market.

Get a friend to put an offer in, then mess the seller about delaying surveys etc…

(make sure the solicitor is no purchase no fee)

Delay the process as much as possible; get another friend to jerk them around some more.

After a few failed sales the price goes down nicely. :)

Very naughty, but it happens all the time. War is hell!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Debt?

Dumbness?

Dire spelling ?

More usefully :

Death, Divorce, Destitution or Disease (markets)

Death, Disability, Divorce, and, Departing (business strategy)

Death, Divorce, Destruction (emotional.lifetips.com - some counting issues here)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Monitor and check the houses that got sold, and then came back on the market.

Get a friend to put an offer in, then mess the seller about delaying surveys etc…

(make sure the solicitor is no purchase no fee)

Delay the process as much as possible; get another friend to jerk them around some more.

After a few failed sales the price goes down nicely. :)

Very naughty, but it happens all the time. War is hell!

Bring it ON :D

IMHO - They would be happy if you paid 100k over what they paid 1 year ago, so I'm happy to pay 100k less. Don't ask for mercy from a FTB now who was shown none in the past :angry:

I'm serious. They would be more than happy to saddle GCS15 and his young family with a millstone debt. So to hell with them. If anyone is going to financially ruined it isn't going to be me :angry: