House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

5 Years On :who Has Been Screwed Over The Most

answer...to my question: all of us who actually work for their money.

answer...to their question: all of spivs, charlatans and boomers who have not worked for a penny of their unearned untaxed free money.

the bbc phrases things slighly differently from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26446664

5 year of theft.

5 years of corruption.

5 years of anger.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

i think more are waking up to this fact.

Do you?

I haven't heard of any massive new demonstrations in the uk or major new political movements.

Just a few ageing disgruntled semi-racist halfwit nimbys voting for ukip.

answer...to my question: all of us who actually work for their money.

answer...to their question: all of spivs, charlatans and boomers who have not worked for a penny of their unearned untaxed free money.

the bbc phrases things slighly differently from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26446664

5 year of theft.

5 years of corruption.

5 years of anger.

please remove the word boomers from your rant - or prefix it with the word wealthy - otherwise you are being bigotted towards an entire 'age group' and definitely ageist. :angry:

Do you?

I haven't heard of any massive new demonstrations in the uk or major new political movements.

How do you be a "semi" racist? :lol:

I am voting for UKIP and don't match your rather bigoted generalisation.

Quoted from the BBC article:

people who have not benefited from... ultra-low interest rates...

Small businesses...

youngsters...

older generations...

savers...

Anyone with a bank ... account ...

Unfortunately there isn't an alternative...

beneficiaries of low interest rates...

people with mortgages

I have done very nicely.

Mortgage rate 0.67% on a lifetime tracker.

Shares went up 64% last year about £40,000 gain over 5 years.

Most of my savings are in 5 year bonds still running getting 4.2%

I have done very nicely.

Mortgage rate 0.67% on a lifetime tracker.

Shares went up 64% last year about £40,000 gain over 5 years.

Most of my savings are in 5 year bonds still running getting 4.2%

Please tell me that at least you're living on a flood plain... ;)

The squeezed middle: those who work for their money, earning and saving enough to not qualify for any benefits (including tax credits, pensions etc), but don't earn enough to pay higher rate tax.

Please tell me that at least you're living on a flood plain... ;)

That just reminded me. I live in Gloucester and in 2007 when the floods were on all the houses in gloucester had there water cut off. The army were handing out bottled water.

well when I said everybody's water was cut off I know my neighbours either side of me didn't have water but I was still able to get water out of the down stairs taps and able to flush the down stairs toilet. I rigged up a old central heating pump and fitted it by my stock tap in the kitchen. I remember it well being able to have a nice hot bath when everybody else hadn't had one for a week. :)

edit: I've never worked out why I was the only house with water. Just wonder if my house was the show house on the estate and they ran a different supply before all the others.

Edited by gf3

It was mentioned on the Today programme this morning that immigration has been largely created for the benefit of the Urban elite....it provides them with cheap domestic service and drives down the cost of labour and goods generally. It also drives up house price and asset prices generally.

So who are we looking at as the urban elite............ BBC employees, politicians like Ed Miliband and David Cameron etc.

So basically we have the Ministry of Misinformation and all political parties with a chance of governing covered. Bend over young employees for a good shafting.

Meanwhile any costings on immigration totally overlook off balance sheet retirement liabilities that immigrants are accruing in the billions of pounds.

Edited by crashmonitor

Do you?

Great Comment, . Made my day smile.gif

That just reminded me. I live in Gloucester and in 2007 when the floods were on all the houses in gloucester had there water cut off. The army were handing out bottled water.

well when I said everybody's water was cut off I know my neighbours either side of me didn't have water but I was still able to get water out of the down stairs taps and able to flush the down stairs toilet. I rigged up a old central heating pump and fitted it by my stock tap in the kitchen. I remember it well being able to have a nice hot bath when everybody else hadn't had one for a week. :)

Oh, just bugger off...

The squeezed middle: those who work for their money, earning and saving enough to not qualify for any benefits (including tax credits, pensions etc), but don't earn enough to pay higher rate tax.

+1

This sums up my situation quite well,add into the equation decimation of savings and living in a HPI area and it makes me feel why did I bother.

On top of some riskier investments that have not gone well I can only realistically see my future abroad or at the very least up north.Just waiting for a final thing to push me into action.

+1

This sums up my situation quite well,add into the equation decimation of savings and living in a HPI area and it makes me feel why did I bother.

On top of some riskier investments that have not gone well I can only realistically see my future abroad or at the very least up north.Just waiting for a final thing to push me into action.

Makes a big difference where you live. I was speaking to the mother of a high flying Northerner yesterday who lives in central London. Despite having the qualifications and a very decent job his entire income is being taken in rent and living costs and even borrows from his parents up north to make ends meet. Young high fliers unable to get off square one.

Edited by crashmonitor

OK, you're just deluded then.

We don't need to leave the EU, we need to have proper welfare, housing, infrastructure and health policies, and to negotiate/impose an opt-out of the stupid European human rights legislation. It's not the fault of the immigrants that our governments have been so f*cking useless and continue to be so.

Given that this is a housing forum, I am astonished at the level of support for a party that is ageing Nimby central, led by an ex-bankster.

Makes a big difference where you live. I was speaking to the mother of a high flying Northerner yesterday who lives in central London. Despite having the qualifications and a very decent job his entire income is being taken in rent and living costs and even borrows from his parents up north to make ends meet. Young high fliers unable to get off square one.

Private Rent is the killer for me and im living in the smallest and cheapest place I can. Ive lived in a HMO and do not want to do that again. Although living in a decent HMO would only save me £300 a month compared to living in this flat, I think worth the extra premium.

OK, you're just deluded then.

We don't need to leave the EU, we need to have proper welfare, housing, infrastructure and health policies, and to negotiate/impose an opt-out of the stupid European human rights legislation. It's not the fault of the immigrants that our governments have been so f*cking useless and continue to be so.

Given that this is a housing forum, I am astonished at the level of support for a party that is ageing Nimby central, led by an ex-bankster.

I noticed you failed to answer my question and then responded with an ad hominem attack. Oh well.

It seems you are confusing a desire to have a sensible immigration policy, which UKIP is proposing without the restraints of an unelected EU super state dictating the numbers and all that entails, with something you appear to have constructed in your own mind, care to tell us exactly what part of the UKIP manifesto you are so upset about, please try and be factual and not slip into knee jerk ad hominem attacks or straw man arguments please.

As previously alluded to, no doubt who is doing the screwing.....the urban elite.............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10679397/Immigration-minister-blames-middle-class-for-influx-of-foreign-workers.html

Vote Miliband or Cameron and service will be resumed to price out young people whilst securing their own asset wealth and cost of living.

This article makes it clear immigration = the rich richer, wages down and young people priced out of homes and shafted. And Nu Labour love it too.

Edited by crashmonitor

edit: I've never worked out why I was the only house with water. Just wonder if my house was the show house on the estate and they ran a different supply before all the others.

When you get catastrophic flooding, drinking water invariably gets mixed with raw sewerage as it becomes impossible to keep the two separate. I would argue having your water still running is not the most reassuring thing therefore.

I noticed you failed to answer my question and then responded with an ad hominem attack. Oh well.

It seems you are confusing a desire to have a sensible immigration policy, which UKIP is proposing without the restraints of an unelected EU super state dictating the numbers and all that entails, with something you appear to have constructed in your own mind, care to tell us exactly what part of the UKIP manifesto you are so upset about, please try and be factual and not slip into knee jerk ad hominem attacks or straw man arguments please.

+1

You asked a question?

Ah, yes, so you did, honestly I didn't take that very seriously. Semi racist, I guess, would be something like the League of Gentlemen, not wanting strangers or foreigners around but not based on skin colour. Something like the way this page comes across (except point 8 which I agree with):

http://www.ukip.org/issues/policy-pages/immigration

Ad hominem attack? Deluded is hardly a personal insult, my mother was fairly deluded and I loved her dearly. You may well be a lovely person.

Moving on - what don't I like about UKIPs manifesto? Honestly I haven't read that much but for starters, as far as I know :

1. The bit about leaving the EU.

2. The bit that's missing about changing how politics is to be funded.

3. Nearly all of the immigration policy.

4. The bit that's missing about liberalising planning law and making land available to private builders.

5. All the stuff that's missing about breaking the banks hold over our economy, restoring social mobility, breaking the land cartels and the rentier economy.

I don't say that they have no good ideas, in some ways the existence of UKIP is down to the utter failure of the other parties, but having them in power would be a nightmare.

BTW, Cameron is weak and spineless, he could easily deal with all this and kill off UKIP. The EU is weak and in no position to argue, he should just hold some referendums, Swiss-style, on some of the main sticking points and get himself a real mandate, and then take back the powers. The EU would make a lot of noise and bluster, but they can't afford the UK to exit any more than we can afford to go.

Edited by swissy_fit

Have you actually read the UKIP manifesto? Bankers and nimbys must love it.

I did consider giving them a protest vote, but after reading their manifestos, that idea went right out the door...