House Price Crash Forum
bpw

The Ugly Truth About This Governments Pension And Housing Policy Revealed

Take a look at this article on the BBC’s website and you will at last see some of my views being expressed by others. I guess the stimulus for this faux ‘revelation’ is Lord Turner’s report which is being trashed by the Labor Party.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4364258.stm

The key point to note is the comment about the next generation of pensioners having to use housing ‘equity’ for their retirement. I would guess the jackass policy of allowing houses into SIPPs is the result of this governments attempt to delay any serious, and inevitably politically damaging, effort to deal with the problems facing younger Britons.

The article makes it clear that the 20-30somethings in Briton are being cheated into funding other peoples retirements when in fact their own future is bleak. As I have said before, I find it amazing that people would riot over the poll tax and yet quietly suffer the inequity of house ownership and pensions.

Take a look at this article on the BBC’s website and you will at last see some of my views being expressed by others. I guess the stimulus for this faux ‘revelation’ is Lord Turner’s report which is being trashed by the Labor Party.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4364258.stm

The key point to note is the comment about the next generation of pensioners having to use housing ‘equity’ for their retirement. I would guess the jackass policy of allowing houses into SIPPs is the result of this governments attempt to delay any serious, and inevitably politically damaging, effort to deal with the problems facing younger Britons.

The article makes it clear that the 20-30somethings in Briton are being cheated into funding other peoples retirements when in fact their own future is bleak. As I have said before, I find it amazing that people would riot over the poll tax and yet quietly suffer the inequity of house ownership and pensions.

Further to the article are some most excellent rants in the 'have your say' area of the site:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=1&threadID=381