House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
@contradevian

Ukip's Massive Rent Extractor

Tim Congden a leading Ukip member has stood down as his party's economic ­spokesman after he was branded a hypocrite for striking wind-farm deals on his Scottish estates.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/wider-political-news/leading-ukip-member-stands-down-over-wind-farm-deals.23604476

UKIP is anti windfarm in the best NIMBY tradition!

Turns out he owns 6237 acres of land in Argyll and Caithness.

http://www.andywightman.com/?p=3434&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Make no mistake, UKIP is the party of the rentier and NIMBY.

Be ironic if he received money from the EU, for his various estates. Highly likely in fact.

Don't do as I do, do as I say!

Of course, you join a party that is aligned with your interests.

Tim Congden a leading Ukip member has stood down as his party's economic ­spokesman after he was branded a hypocrite for striking wind-farm deals on his Scottish estates.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/wider-political-news/leading-ukip-member-stands-down-over-wind-farm-deals.23604476

Be ironic if he received money from the EU, for his various estates. Highly likely in fact.

Don't blame him really. I didn't agree with the privatisation of all our utility's however I still profited from them.

UKIP has the most NIMBY supporter base of all the parties. The average UKIP supporter is in his sixties.

They are king of the NIMBYs. Don't delude yourselves.

UKIP has the most NIMBY supporter base of all the parties. The average UKIP supporter is in his sixties.

I think the average supporter of any party is in their sixties, these days. :lol:

He's stood down..... so where are the LibLabCon resignations for the same thing? There's none, because they all profit from it.

UKIP haters try yet again to find any argument, and fail.

Edited by SleepyHead

Yes if the bankster monopoly of UK politics and the land cartels are going to be broken, it's certainly not UKIP that is going to do it.

Agreed. UKIP is little more than the complete spit-flecking, carpet-munching, swivel-eyed, completely barking nutjob wing of the Tory Party.

People tell me that I am slightly odd...

itsarandomworld

UKIP haters try yet again to find any argument, and fail.

So he stood down because he was caught troughing. Big deal. They're all at it.

UKIP = Tories = Labour.

Hate them all. But especially hate that odious little creep Farage and his racist, homophobic, xenophobic bigoted political party.

frankly this is a shame.

most honest decent people out there are also of the belief we can't cram the whole of eastern europe into the small cramped island of britain...

that is not racist.it is common sense

the people telling us we can are fools

the people tellin us we can, but not in my backyard are also fools/

UKIP does have a strong message,but if they keep on employing the likes of niel hamilton,it will spoil the agenda.

the electoral voice here is plain and simple....soundbites are history...this really is clean-your-act-up time.

..and you don't have much time left to prove yourselves.

Edited by oracle

So he stood down because he was caught troughing. Big deal. They're all at it.

UKIP = Tories = Labour.

Hate them all. But especially hate that odious little creep Farage and his racist, homophobic, xenophobic bigoted political party.

You must be a Tory councillor then.... In danger of losing your seat? :P

Yes if the bankster monopoly of UK politics and the land cartels are going to be broken, it's certainly not UKIP that is going to do it.

no ,you're quite right.

it will be hard left labour.

...and our economy and social structure will end up not dissimilar to mugabe's zimbabwe.

epic fail.

look, I haven't got a problem with people making money,but not at ALL costs.(told you i'M BASICAQLLY QUAKER IN PHILOSOPHY)

those who find themselves in a position of privilege also have a responsibility to the community at large.

it swings both ways....those who take the piss take their licks.(not what we have now)

the more skewed the equation gets, the fiercer the pendulum swings in the other direction

Agreed. UKIP is little more than the complete spit-flecking, carpet-munching, swivel-eyed, completely barking nutjob wing of the Tory Party.

People tell me that I am slightly odd...

itsarandomworld

well,as i said, if they want political capital now, it really is clean-your-act-up time.

nothing is hidden any more.

even worse...those who really do have something to hide are prepared to take the fight to you..so I hope you're up for a bitch-fest.

Funny piece on UKIP's party conference:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/ukip-is-scared-of-its-own-stupidity

This if from Vice - the online news compendium for Gen Y. I heard the boss on radio today - they have funding from Murdoch and reckon the demographics show babyboomer influence is on the slide. Load of blah? Maybe, but sounds interesting.

troubling.

murdoch's empire is toast.

even they who think they run things by telling the sheeple what to do through the media priesthood are eing put under the microscope

it's just going to get worse and worse for these guys with fingers in pies.....the stuff they are pulling out sticks..

When it comes to holding a sensible debate on the negative effects of immigration, I'm afraid the "racist" card just doesn't work any more.

When it comes to holding a sensible debate on the negative effects of immigration, I'm afraid the "racist" card just doesn't work any more.

A sensible debate on immigration wouldn't kick off with the assumption that the only effects worth discussing are negative.

A sensible debate on immigration wouldn't kick off with the assumption that the only effects worth discussing are negative.

+1

Most of the negative effects of immigration in the uk are down to the utter failure of the state in other areas. If housing, welfare and infrastructure policies were even halfway to being correct, ukip would hardly have a voter. Their "solution" is not a solution.

In terms of the effect on housing costs, the only effect is negative. Obviously.

They are king of the NIMBYs. Don't delude yourselves.

I know a little bit about my regional parties.The party with the biggest demographic problem is the Tories-bar none.UKIP is mainly white and male,but increasingly less so,and they definitely have quite a few youngsters joining.Best demographic is the Greens in terms of age/gender breakdown.Labour is pretty good too.

I equate youth = good in terms of assessing potential longevity.Tories have a major problem that they're just not addressing.I'll be surprised to see them standing full slates in northern/midlands urban areas in locals from hereonin.

Edited by Sancho Panza

In terms of the effect on housing costs, the only effect is negative. Obviously.

Not obviously at all. Immigrants are capable of building and maintaining houses as well as living in them. Other countries with high immigrant populations have not had the same level of HPI as us, which means that the argument is not as clear cut as you'd suggest.