House Price Crash Forum
@contradevian

Labour Mp Slams 'x Factor Generation'

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/immigration-debate-heavyweights-clash-over-why-so-many-unskilled-jobs-go-to-migrants-9167860.html

Of course, the biggest elephant in the room is ignored. The rising cost of accommodation.

I despair of all our politicians. They really don't get anything at all, or deliberately ignore an issue if it cuts across their party line or vested interest.

http://www.standard....ts-9167860.html

Of course, the biggest elephant in the room is ignored. The rising cost of accommodation.

I despair of all our politicians. They really don't get anything at all, or deliberately ignore an issue if it cuts across their party line or vested interest.

These Westminster clowns are about to receive the biggest shock to the system since Guy Fawkes, and I suspect they know it. Either they choose to represent our interests... or we'll elect someone else who will.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/immigration-debate-heavyweights-clash-over-why-so-many-unskilled-jobs-go-to-migrants-9167860.html

It infuriates me when politicians or wealthy business owners claim that British people don't take low paid jobs because they some how lazy, feckless

or spoilt: would they work for (possibly less than) the minimum wage? I don't think so.

That aside, the simple truth is a British worker with high living and acommodation costs will always be priced out of a job by an immigrant who is happy.

for a few years, to live in a shared flat with 12 other guys and who is prepared to work for less than the minimum wage, be that because he's being paid "in the

black" or because he's "self-employed."

Let's stop calling immigration immigration and rename it for what it is: "Insourcing of cheap labour."

People tell me that I am slightly odd...

itsarandomworld

The myth of the coffee shop jobs. No wonder the young kids in Nottingham stores come across as motivated super employees............

Sham Ramparia, Costa’s area manager for the Midlands, said Many applicants were actually hugely overqualified. It seems to be a barometer of two things – the way the current market is and the strength of our brand.

I would guess it had more to do with the former rather than the latter.

Edited by albimac

Watching a saturday night entertainment program and working are now mutually exclusive? Weird.

One might have thought a Labour MP would be in favour of workers' right to withhold their labour if the wages/conditions were sh1te.

Although watching X Factor is one of the few thing that seem less appealing than working I hope that what was said was a little more sensible than the topic title makes it out to be (I suppose I could go and actually read the article). Of course people would rather be doing whatever it is they want to do. There's something really rather twisted in people who seem to think that people should want to work, as opposed to accepting that they need to work and just getting on with it.

It infuriates me when politicians or wealthy business owners claim that British people don't take low paid jobs because they some how lazy, feckless

or spoilt: would they work for (possibly less than) the minimum wage? I don't think so.

Since their main skill seems to be playing the system for their own ends I'd have thought they would appreciate those doing the same at the other end of the scale.

Remind me again which made it more profitable to work part-time than to work full-time?

Maybe, but it was employers that were lobbying for a 'flexible' work forc.

Now the work force is so flexible, it doesn't give a feck.

Edited by aSecureTenant

If the point of x factor was to drive people from their television sets and into work the whole 'talent' show phenomena makes more sense to me.

Regardless, every increase in cost of living essentials such as a roof to sleep under makes work less worthwhile. Under which government did the cost of housing treble in 10 years?

If we remove incentive to work it turns out people have less incentive to work. How 'unexpected'.

That aside, the simple truth is a British worker with high living and acommodation costs will always be priced out of a job by an immigrant who is happy.

for a few years, to live in a shared flat with 12 other guys and who is prepared to work for less than the minimum wage, be that because he's being paid "in the

black" or because he's "self-employed."

Let's stop calling immigration immigration and rename it for what it is: "Insourcing of cheap labour."

People tell me that I am slightly odd...

itsarandomworld

Great post.

I work in IT, but I would go to (let's say) Lithuania and work in a coffee shop if it offered the equivalent of twice my monthly salary, for a few years anyway.

The scum politicians know this, but then again it's so easy for them to play the PC / race card when it comes to immigration, when the public have been duped into conflating immigration and racism.

Or you can just be like this labour MP, and accuse those less fortunate than yourself of laziness. Charming.

Guest spp

How about...'missed out on house price boom generation' slams 'career politician generation'?

Demands -

The income tax allowance be lifted to the median wage.

A vote on far more then just what color dictates to them...'Real' direct democracy!

How about it Mr Mp?

David Lammy is a perfect example of the shocking lack of intellectual talent within the parliamentary Labour party. This guy was Minister for Higher Education in the last Labour government.

The difference I would sum up as follows. The Mae West idea was that too much of a good thing was wonderful and Mr Aristotle, I would recall, said “Moderation in all things including good things”. So nobody is suggesting you should send back the Governor of the Bank of England, for instance.

I am. ;)

David Lammy, another LL MP and trougher extraordinaire. Has claimed second home allowance despite being MP for Tottenham.

London MP, with a constituency only 28 minutes away by Tube from Parliament, claims £12,041 for a second home. Sounds a straight-forward case in the long line of London MPs who had their expense claims widely publicised and heavily criticised during earlier this year? Except this time, there’s one difference.

The expense claim was published back in October 2004, got a bit of local media coverage and that was that.

Lucky man, that David Lammy, Labour MP for Tottenham.

Also enjoys the dubious honour of having the highest expense claims of any MP in 2010/2011.

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/9153347.Politician_tops_Westminster_expenses_list/

Church feels it reasonable to pay him to talk(from link at bottom):

Fee of £200 received October 2013 from St Paul’s Cathedral, 6 Amen Court, London EC4M 7BU, for speaking engagement. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 8 November 2013)

Possibly received for participation in this forum(looking at the dates), try and keep a straight face:

Tuesday 29 October, 7.15 – 8.45pm

Generosity: David Lammy MP and Lucy Winkett

Generosity could save the world. There is enough food and money for everyone on the planet if we took only what we need and gave the rest to those who have too little. But can we actually change our hearts, minds and politics enough to do that? And is there more to generosity than giving things away?

Generosity from the taxpayer and others seems to be keeping Lammy afloat in fine style. Charity begins at home, eh Dave?

Presumably the second home allowance gave Lammy a foot up into the world of London BTL:

8. Land and Property

Residential property in Tottenham from which rental income is received.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10678/david_lammy/tottenham

The only thing missing from this cretin's CV is a PPE degree from Oxbridge. Scum.

Edited by The Knimbies who say no

How about...'missed out on house price boom generation' slams 'career politician generation'?

Demands -

The income tax allowance be lifted to the median wage.

A vote on far more then just what color dictates to them...'Real' direct democracy!

How about it Mr Mp?

Real democracy where people get to vote more than once every five years for a different colour. That would terrify the shit out of those at the top, so never ever going to happen.

For the same reason, sod all will be done about Russia occupying the Ukraine. All that lovely oil and gas would suddenly switch off, causing absolute chaos. Putin knows it, Cameron knows it and Obama is just too stupid to think he is relevant to Europe when push comes to shove.

An ‘X Factor generation’ of young Londoners are missing out on jobs to immigrants because they would rather watch reality TV than work, a major debate on immigration heard.

So the proposition is that these people would rather relax and entertain themselves than work?

Isn't that true for everyone?

Lurking in the background of this statement is our good old friend the work ethic- the corpse of which can be found buried in the City of London under a mountain of bonus payments extracted by executives who wield their own complete lack of a work ethic as a bargaining chip.

'You have to pay me a f*cking big bonus if you want me to be motivated enough to do my best work'

'But we already pay you a million quid basic- so don't you have a moral obligation to do your best work anyway?'

'What's a moral obligation?...oh wait I know what a moral obligation is- it's when some young idiot works for peanuts because it's the morally right thing to do- ha ha.- No I don't do morality- I only work for money- so where's my bonus?'

David Lammy, another LL MP and trougher extraordinaire. Has claimed second home allowance despite being MP for Tottenham.

Also enjoys the dubious honour of having the highest expense claims of any MP in 2010/2011.

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/9153347.Politician_tops_Westminster_expenses_list/

Church feels it reasonable to pay him to talk(from link at bottom):

Possibly received for participation in this forum(looking at the dates), try and keep a straight face:

Generosity from the taxpayer and others seems to be keeping Lammy afloat in fine style. Charity begins at home, eh Dave?

Presumably the second home allowance gave Lammy a foot up into the world of London BTL:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10678/david_lammy/tottenham

The only thing missing from this cretin's CV is a PPE degree from Oxbridge. Scum.

I wish someone had pointed out that immigration is good for BTL like David Lammy in the debate.

This is why I'd love to win the lottery. I'd spend money putting up posters in MP's backyards highlighting all their teat suckling and hypocrasy.

I wonder if David Scummy MP would be willing to work as a security guard for minimum wage. Besides, can you imagine the uproar if instead of referring to British kids, someone described black kids as too lazy to work?