House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

Young People, Old People, Families And Couples

This sounds like its based on some analysis of how/when people spend money. I'm guessing they have figured out that.

1) People travelling in groups are much more likely to buy overpriced refreshments.

2) Couples vastly overestimate how often they will travel together.

3) people having "invested" in some kind of discount card are more likely to take the train even when it might be cheaper to drive.

The couples tickets can be bought for any two people, so you can buy one for travelling with the wife, one for the mistress and one for travelling with Fred who catches the same train as you every morning.

As with anything you have to do the math and figure out if it's really worthwhile.

Way back in the eighties it used to annoy me that I paid much more tax as a single guy than married couples...nothing changes..

Being part of a couple is not for everyone! I get 25% off my council tax. That is it! ;)

Being part of a couple is not for everyone! I get 25% off my council tax. That is it! ;)

Well you dont call out the police so much everytime your half full bin bags get kicked down the road by skally wags