House Price Crash Forum
Visitor

Auctioneers Packed With Bidders

Estate Agents in the Bristol area are gleefully publishing pictures of packed-out auction rooms.

Just who are all these bidders?

Are any of them funding purchases with loans?

Guess I am amazed there's so much money around.

I still maintain my position that Bristol is a $hit hole and anyone buying a property (especially leasehold flats) needs a reality check :)

Bristol is overpriced because the powers that be have ensured that it is next to impossible to commute in/out, with tight planning restrictions this creates a decaying city with poor public transport.

I suppose much of the above applies to other cities to.

Everyone I work with in Clifton thinks it's wonderful - they think that because they are comparing it to other parts of the city and have never experienced anything else.

Everyone I work with in Clifton thinks it's wonderful - they think that because they are comparing it to other parts of the city and have never experienced anything else.

Has this sold yet?

http://www.dailymail...-semi-3-5m.html

No, on its latest listing. http://www.rightmove...y-34422178.html

Edited by Venger

Estate Agents in the Bristol area are gleefully publishing pictures of packed-out auction rooms.

Just who are all these bidders?

Mom, Dad, Brother, Aunt, etc of the auctioneers!

Anyway the auction room could have been used for something else on the day, and the photographer used that picture. Perhaps it was a council meeting to ask for the local opinion on a new waste incinerator in the middle of the green belt! What a NIMBY fest!

All that matters is the price you want to pay when the hammer falls, not the amount of perceived people in the room.

Anecdotal: A new 'top end' estate agent opened in Clifton last week.

Come to think of it about 25% of Clifton is estate/letting agents, 50% restaurants, 2% Tesco and 23% Student bars full of 20 something wannabees complaining that they are broke.

So he bought it for 2 million spent a fortune on it and is selling it for 2 million -- what an entrepreneur --- what a genius --- if only there were more like him you could put the Great back in Britain.

You can tell what a genius he is by looking at the bathroom. If you want to bath with someone, you want one big bath, if you don't, you want two bathrooms. 2 baths in one bathroom is just surreal.

So he bought it for 2 million spent a fortune on it and is selling it for 2 million -- what an entrepreneur --- what a genius --- if only there were more like him you could put the Great back in Britain.

In the article it says he bought for £2 M and spent £1M on renovations.

If somewhere in there he borrowed just £1M then thats 40,000 per year in interest at 4%, over 6 years thats another 240,000

On the most conservative numbers this guy must be at least a million in the hole.

from a quick google it looks like this may be him

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nicholas-hale/4/b6a/9b5

If thats the same Nicholas then he runs a not very well rated subaru garage with a history of fly tipping

Interestingly the fly tipping was on land owned by another company thats also run by Director Nicholas Hale

Director Nicholas Hale, of Cadbury Camp Lane, Clapton-in-Gordano – who is also a director of the land owner KOR Developments

An investigation by the Environment Agency showed the site belonged KOR Developments, which had submitted a planning application for shops and homes to be built there.

So trying to influence the planning process by fly tipping.

Would you buy a used carhouse from this man?

Went to savills auction in london a couple of weeks back. Most lots had solid interest from local bidders (couples, men who appeared to be small builders). They'd bid up to a reasonable level, then bidding would go quiet for a while, then some middle eastern guy would get into a bidding war with anther mddle eastern guy and add another 20% or so to the price. Just my observation. Not just on London lots either, but quite a few around the country.