House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

Londonisation Of The Uk

My link

Dumb, flat roofed, new build in Scarborough, Yorks.

Page lists nearest tube stations:

Kingsbury (187.4 mi)

Queensbury (186.7 mi)

Preston Road (188.3 mi)

Nice spot. Just in case it's a glitch that is later fixed, and rather than a sign of things to come,

queensbury+on+sea.png

Scarborough is also pretty handy for Bastille on the Paris Metro and Qunicy on the Chicago 'L'. In terms of access to trains, it's the Athens of the North.

Nice spot. Just in case it's a glitch that is later fixed, and rather than a sign of things to come,

queensbury+on+sea.png

Scarborough is also pretty handy for Bastille on the Paris Metro and Qunicy on the Chicago 'L'. In terms of access to trains, it's the Athens of the North.

Tried to get a snapshot.

Failed.

Scarborough is also convenient for Silicon Valley and Moscow.

Perhaps Scarborough needs a monorail

FYI Simpson's 'Marge vs the Monorail' was written by the ginger haired comic and talk show host Conan O'Brien.

This episode pushed the show permanently away from its morally based, family focussed derivative pish and into the much better world of zany and plain crazy we all love today.

But that apartment is very nice albeit expensive, however it seems a bit close to the seashore for my liking.

FYI Simpson's 'Marge vs the Monorail' was written by the ginger haired comic and talk show host Conan O'Brien.

This episode pushed the show permanently away from its morally based, family focussed derivative pish and into the much better world of zany and plain crazy we all love today.

But that apartment is very nice albeit expensive, however it seems a bit close to the seashore for my liking.

No the apartment is cr.p.

Horrible new build with a flat roof.

There is only one reason to put a flat roof on a building on the east coast - coz you're a penny pinching moron.

queensbury+on+sea.png

Isn't it literally quite handy for coastal Belgium too

Try a google image search of the place;

628_large.jpg

That's seriously out of place. How on earth did they get planning permission for it? Nice view though.

Hmm. The architecture is quite refreshing, organic, oval, nautical.

Much better than the East German-esque apartment block rubber-stamp design that normally blights the UK.

Still far too close to the seaside for my liking. What about the 1/50, 1/100, 1/1000 yr wave and tidal surge calcs, eh civils?

Is it near the Corner Cafe? Looks like it is.

(but it's a long time since I've been to Scarborough)

Yep, knocked down to be replaced by this monstrosity (as spyguy says, who would build with a flat roof on the NE Coast). Meanwhile, the great heated outdoor pool next door is derelict whilst, I understand, it is earmarked for redevelopment.

3. Follow the oligarchs

You want to see a booming city full of Russian billionaires who aren’t afraid of being robbed, shot or imprisoned? Fly to Heathrow Airport and take an underground train to the center of town.

London has become Moscow-Sur-Thames. The tony West End is heaving with Russian oligarchs, their wives, their mistresses, and their hangers-on. They’ve become a running joke in the Old Town, the social phenomenon of their age.

They’re the reason property prices have gone through the roof. It isn’t the Londoners who are buying these homes: They can’t afford them. In the last 10 years the price of homes in the best neighborhoods of London has more than doubled, according to local real-estate firm Knight Frank. They rose last month at an annualized rate of nearly 8%. They have now risen for 39 months—more than three years—without pause.

“It’s no longer just a property market,” one of London’s top financiers told me a couple of years ago. “It’s a place where rich Russians launder their money.”

It tells you something that Russia’s richest and best-informed businessmen have been getting their money as far away from Vladimir Putin as they can.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-red-flags-the-west-ignored-about-putins-russia-2014-03-02?link=MW_home_latest_news

Hmm. The architecture is quite refreshing, organic, oval, nautical.

Much better than the East German-esque apartment block rubber-stamp design that normally blights the UK.

Still far too close to the seaside for my liking. What about the 1/50, 1/100, 1/1000 yr wave and tidal surge calcs, eh civils?

I'm no builder, but fears of living in Atlantis before the mortgage is up aside, how much grief is it to build foundations into a base of sand without fear of subsidence? A pill box / Martello tower / one storey cafe is one thing, I imagine 5/6 floors of "executive luxury" apartments is another