House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macbeth79

Meet The Seven People Who Hold The Keys To Worldwide Internet Security

Fascinating, and what a well-written article. Enjoyed that, ta.

This made me chuckle:

Where does she keep her key? She admits she has two copies, in case she loses one; one of them never leaves a bank deposit box. The other, which she uses twice a year in the ceremonies on the east coast, is attached to a long metal chain. Most of the time it sits in a wooden puzzle box, with a hidden lock, created by her furniture designer son.

Doh!

This article is 99% over-hyped rubbish. The DNSSEC system these guys hold the keys for is fairly recent and still not very widespread. The internet has functioned very well without it for decades and large parts of it still don't make use of it so the "master key holders" are hardly as important as this silly article tries to make them out to be. :rolleyes:

It's articles like these (where I happen have a very good knowledge of the subject) that really show me how much made-up or dramatised nonsense they put in the newspapers.

This article is 99% over-hyped rubbish. The DNSSEC system these guys hold the keys for is fairly recent and still not very widespread. The internet has functioned very well without it for decades and large parts of it still don't make use of it so the "master key holders" are hardly as important as this silly article tries to make them out to be. :rolleyes:

It's articles like these (where I happen have a very good knowledge of the subject) that really show me how much made-up or dramatised nonsense they put in the newspapers.

its clear to me you have no understanding of the cloud...It is in fact in the clouds and is guarded by powerful level 90 beings in glimmering suits, proud of honour and collecting subscriptions in a World without toilets.