House Price Crash Forum

Aurora Borealis, 27Th February

Scunnered

HOLA441

From the BBC:

Northern Lights illuminate the UK

The Aurora Borealis - better known as the Northern Lights - has been giving rare and spectacular displays over parts of the UK, from the north of Scotland to as far south as Essex and Gloucestershire.

The lights have also been clearly visible in places such as Orkney, Norfolk, and south Wales.

Northern Lights illuminate the UK

Does anyone have anything to report? I've just been out for a quick look, but it's cloudy to the North.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I didn't hear about it till this morning on the Today programme on Radio 4. Which isn't useful of them.

Odd how they tell me what Ed Miliband's going to say in advance of a speech even though telling me in retrospect (or not at all) would do, but they don't tell me about this opportunity to see the Northern Lights until it's too late. ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445

I didn't hear about it till this morning on the Today programme on Radio 4. Which isn't useful of them.

Odd how they tell me what Ed Miliband's going to say in advance of a speech even though telling me in retrospect (or not at all) would do, but they don't tell me about this opportunity to see the Northern Lights until it's too late. ;)

Same as. If I can get a long range weather forecast, they could at least add the Aurora Borealis into that, to give me some notice.

London here, so no hope of seeing anything apart from our own orangey coloured southern lights.

HOLA446
HOLA447

They don't want you to look up to the sky as you might spot things that you aren't supposed to see... :ph34r:

HOLA448
HOLA449

I put forward the theory that the Earth has wobbled and the powers that be aren't telling us. Evidence:

1. The weather changes in the northern hemisphere.

2. I can't work the compass app on my smartphone.

3. The Aurora Borealis in Kent.

4. Must be some other things.

Personally I blamed the black hole at the heart of the Large Hadron Collider that SG1 are trying to fix.

HOLA4410

I put forward the theory that the Earth has wobbled and the powers that be aren't telling us. Evidence:

1. The weather changes in the northern hemisphere.

2. I can't work the compass app on my smartphone.

3. The Aurora Borealis in Kent.

4. Must be some other things.

Personally I blamed the black hole at the heart of the Large Hadron Collider that SG1 are trying to fix.

Magnetic field wobble perhaps , aren't we overdue for a polar flip at sometime ......

HOLA4411

Magnetic field wobble perhaps , aren't we overdue for a polar flip at sometime ......

Nothing to see here, move along.

I saw the Northern Lights from Hampshire about 25 years ago, again on a cold February night. Don't remember any wobbles in the earth back then.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived