House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Are Bruce And I Paranoid/mad

Someone post that Bruce and I are paranoid when we weed out suspicious "EA" style posts.

Im sure some of the posts are genuine but a majority of them do have a "similar" pattern, i.e. run up 200 or so posts on nothing much, gaining peoples trust then WHAM...I;m buying a house etc. Or there is the, not posted for 6 years, just coming back to tell you how good value property is so buy now.

Maybe i'm giving too much credit to estate agents.

So, has the housing market finally driven us old timers mad ?

BTW....I voted yes :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Yes you are both crazy, but that aside, I also think the "I`m not waiting any longer" posts have such similar format they have to be made up.

Welcome to the dark side.

They can;t all be made up can they ?

My feeling is that the HPC generally is a bunch of people waiting for reasonably priced housing before buying into what is clearly a rigged market based on the 2007 debt bubble.

I'm sure some people "need" to buy but generally why wait 5 years then decide to buy just as the government/media are throwing all the stops at a bubble, they are trying to get a pre-election boom, we have a return to (government backed ) sub-prime lending and a London bubble based ( perhaps ) on sub-prime Chinese lending.

That and buying a house right now does not compute.

Good luck to anyone buying, needs must and all that, but really...take a step back and look at what's going on, it's like 2007 on speed.

A yes from me, but then I'm an estate agent. I'm getting you both sectioned next.

It is inconceivable to me that estate agents and others, whose livelihoods depend on the housing market, do not do their best to talk up the market. That would include posting on forums such as this.

If they post honestly, as estate agents or mortgage brokers, then I welcome their input. But, I suspect that most pretend that they are something they are not and post fictitious information to support their agenda.

I voted yes too :D.

Edited by Bruce Banner

Forums targeted at the property obsessed ......bet there is a large number of outright owners on here just by default , small wonder that theres a number who are wanting to join them as they get older .

Why censor the posts ,? Belief foundering and weak ,fear of the herd ?

Forums targeted at the property obsessed ......bet there is a large number of outright owners on here just by default , small wonder that theres a number who are wanting to join them as they get older .

Why censor the posts ,? Belief foundering and weak ,fear of the herd ?

No posts should be censored !that's for sure !!!

Any posts even if they are deliberate mis-information gives us valuable information, i.e. people are panic buying or someone is trying to talk up the market....both interesting facts in themselves.

I'd like to know who the crazy person is that voted no ?

It is inconceivable to me that estate agents and others, whose livelihoods depend on the housing market, do not do their best to talk up the market. That would include posting on forums such as this.

If they post honestly, as estate agents or mortgage brokers, then I welcome their input. But, I suspect that most pretend that they something they are not and post fictitious information to support their agenda.

I voted yes too :D.

Well done Bruce....in medical tests to determine insanity, the first thing they do is ask..."are you mad"....the sane answer is "Do you know I think I could be", or words to that effect....the loonies all say "no".

Sorry if I have offended any actually buying, good luck to you. However, most of us want to see an end to insane house prices and people buying now are just adding fuel to the fire and going against everything most people on here believe.

Hell of jump from that to setting up multiple accounts over several years, posting mostly 'safe' stuff, and then suddenly turning into Count Dracula at some critical point.

Why would they waste their time trying to influence a fairly obscure forum filled with a bunch of people who aren't going to be persuaded anyway?

Alternatively, people are doing their best to make rational decisions for themselves and their families in a rigged market. Have they made the wrong decision under the circumstances? I'm not sure they have. There are three possible outcomes:

1. The PTB pull it off - moderate 'proper' inflation eats away at the debt

2. PTB fail spectacularily. The fallout is so disastrous that whether you have a big mortgage or not is going to be the least of your problems

3. The PTB fail, but without fireworks. Mass repos ensue...

We 'win' if we get option 3, we 'lose' for options 1 and 2.

Hell of jump from that to setting up multiple accounts over several years, posting mostly 'safe' stuff, and then suddenly turning into Count Dracula at some critical point.

Why would they waste their time trying to influence a fairly obscure forum filled with a bunch of people who aren't going to be persuaded anyway?

Alternatively, people are doing their best to make rational decisions for themselves and their families in a rigged market. Have they made the wrong decision under the circumstances? I'm not sure they have. There are three possible outcomes:

2. PTB fail spectacularily. The fallout is so disastrous that whether you have a big mortgage or not is going to be the least of your problems

I have to agree.

You'd need to be a desperately sad/desperate individual/organisation to do that sort of thing, hence why some/most of the posts are definitely genuine.

The ones I find suspicious are the ones when challenged and asked for FACTS, never come back.

I'll set myself up an account today and befriend everyone then tell them I am buying a house in 6 months....see if you can spot who I am.

Because this "fairly obscure forum" can have a thousand or more "guests" online, when there is major housing news in the main stream media..... [ Online At Once Record: 3,150 (On 27 November 2011 - 11:08 PM)]

Because this "fairly obscure forum" can have a thousand or more "guests" online, when there is major housing news in the main stream media..... [ Online At Once Record: 3,150 (On 27 November 2011 - 11:08 PM)]

Quite.

Go to google, type in "will UK house prices crash" and the second hit brings you here. Anyone doing bit of casual surfing and reading these forums as a guest is likely to meet a wall of "negative" house price sentiment from posters here. It's not the posters these shills are aiming at, it's the guests.

Hell, I'd do it too if I had the resources, and the sheer desperation that the VIs have.

Stop with the facts Bruce, you're only pretending to be mad.

BTW. Im buying a house, at a bargain price with HTB1 and HTB2 plus a special FLS business BTL loan that I lied about to get.

Im going all in, spanking £1m on a nice flat in london:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29372361.html

You can't loose on pawpetee, Buy now you bunch of fact spouting socially aware unselfish morons.

Stop with the facts Bruce, you're only pretending to be mad.

BTW. Im buying a house, at a bargain price with HTB1 and HTB2 plus a special FLS business BTL loan that I lied about to get.

Im going all in, spanking £1m on a nice flat in london:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29372361.html

You can't loose on pawpetee, Buy now you bunch of fact spouting socially aware unselfish morons.

:)

I work in an estate agency on demand.

They do not talk up house prices, their priority is to get their name in the public eye as much as possible, get the best price for their clients and the maximum resulting commission, but mainly, to get sales AT ALL.

Posting on websites to discredit market opinions is not on their radar at all.

But in a lot of cases, given the time between registering and acting, you'd have to assume that these people knew in some way what the situation was going to be many years down the line.

By all means be suspicious of new posters with 'good news' (professional shilling is a thing, although iirc a famous confessional story about it turned out to be a hoax), but, when an established poster basically says "fvck-it - I've had enough of this crap, I'm buying a house", I'm not sure the first response should be 'shill'.

Downside...I know you're reading !!! ( it was his thread that someone called me and bruce paranoid . )

Sorry dude if I unfairly accused you of being a lying estate agent type poster, I just dont see why anyone would choose NOW to buy a house...last January, Yes, 2009/2010, defintiely, right NOW, no way dude.

Maybe you can tell us what you are feeling about the housing market and how your and your HTB colleagues who are also buying now feel. What is really going on out there ?

I'm genuinely interested if you posts are genuine and you can share some facts with us.

BTW, when it comes to buying anything worth several 100 thousand pounds, where we clearly have a rigged market...everyone should be paranoid.

These posts always appear when the bubble is on it's upward ascent. I remember them pre-2007 here and on other forums. Then they vanished. And now they're back again. You'll generally see a bunch of people arguing with the original poster and no replies whatsoever from the poster. When, on occasion, they do reply it's usually as glib as the original post.

I work in an estate agency on demand.

They do not talk up house prices, their priority is to get their name in the public eye as much as possible, get the best price for their clients and the maximum resulting commission, but mainly, to get sales AT ALL.

Posting on websites to discredit market opinions is not on their radar at all.

Yeah, I have my doubts that these people are estate agents. More likely they are speculators, BTL'ers or sometimes ordinary joes who are fearful of a devaluing of their own property and want to bump the market up. The motive though is always to keep pumping buyers into the market by playing on people's fears. The old "If I don't buy now I might never be able to." is back in fashion.

Downside...I know you're reading !!! ( it was his thread that someone called me and bruce paranoid . )

Sorry dude if I unfairly accused you of being a lying estate agent type poster, I just dont see why anyone would choose NOW to buy a house...last January, Yes, 2009/2010, defintiely, right NOW, no way dude.

Maybe you can tell us what you are feeling about the housing market and how your and your HTB colleagues who are also buying now feel. What is really going on out there ?

I'm genuinely interested if you posts are genuine and you can share some facts with us.

BTW, when it comes to buying anything worth several 100 thousand pounds, where we clearly have a rigged market...everyone should be paranoid.

I've bought because needs must, I know the current situation is crazy but i've factored in interest rate rises etc and know I can afford to pay the mortgage if rates went up. I also have a girlfriend who's nesting instincts are going through the roof and I wanted a place to work on my car as its a hobby of mine so needed somewhere with a decent sized garage. This has been the main factor in buying a place. I've been looking for about 2 years and seriously looking for about 18 months before find the current place.

As for my feelings on the market I really don't know, i've been following this site since 2008 (didn't register until a few years later) and I am just a bit fed up of waiting for crash that always seems around the corner but never comes.

As for my work colleagues, I think they are naive and have fell into the housing propaganda of "you cant lose on houses" so they have no fears like we do. Hence why they are ready to accept htb etc. I could educate them but it usually falls on deaf ears and I like to keep my nose out of other people's finances. If they get burned then thats for them to deal with (harsh I know).

I've bought because needs must, I know the current situation is crazy but i've factored in interest rate rises etc and know I can afford to pay the mortgage if rates went up. I also have a girlfriend who's nesting instincts are going through the roof and I wanted a place to work on my car as its a hobby of mine so needed somewhere with a decent sized garage. This has been the main factor in buying a place. I've been looking for about 2 years and seriously looking for about 18 months before find the current place.

As for my feelings on the market I really don't know, i've been following this site since 2008 (didn't register until a few years later) and I am just a bit fed up of waiting for crash that always seems around the corner but never comes.

As for my work colleagues, I think they are naive and have fell into the housing propaganda of "you cant lose on houses" so they have no fears like we do. Hence why they are ready to accept htb etc. I could educate them but it usually falls on deaf ears and I like to keep my nose out of other people's finances. If they get burned then thats for them to deal with (harsh I know).

What are are you buying in ?

What is the price of the house you are buying like compared to historic sales ?

What interest rates on the mortgage are you getting ?

Any links to similar houses sold or similar houses up for sale ?