House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cica

Paco De Lucia (Flamenco Guitarist)

Hi, I'm not seeing any English language news but the Spanish flamenco guitar player Paco de Lucia has died. Some of you may or may not have heard of him.

I know there is often guitar talk around here.

If you're not familiar with him he is a legend in flamenco and the guitar world in general. Most top players will acknowledge his skill and musicianship is astonishing.

I live in Spain and am a practicing wannabe Flamenco player and this will be massive news here in Spain.

If you have not heard of him and are interested in guitar playing, I will post some links later - you will be blown away.

Hi, I'm not seeing any English language news but the Spanish flamenco guitar player Paco de Lucia has died. Some of you may or may not have heard of him.

I know there is often guitar talk around here.

If you're not familiar with him he is a legend in flamenco and the guitar world in general. Most top players will acknowledge his skill and musicianship is astonishing.

I live in Spain and am a practicing wannabe Flamenco player and this will be massive news here in Spain.

If you have not heard of him and are interested in guitar playing, I will post some links later - you will be blown away.

Monasterio de Sal.......amazing stuff.

I can`t link from here but it`s one of my favourites

Don't know this guy but Flamenco guitar playing always impresses me, will look up some of his stuff.

Hearing/watching Flamenco playing live always blows me away... it makes electric guitar playing look a bit ..easy.

Don't know this guy but Flamenco guitar playing always impresses me, will look up some of his stuff.

Hearing/watching Flamenco playing live always blows me away... it makes electric guitar playing look a bit ..easy.

Yes, live is the thing with Flamenco. Like jazz, flamenco can be a bit tough to casually listen to.

Not to speak ill of the dead, but a lot of his recordings weren't really up my street despite the fact that he could play traditional flamenco to the highest level.