House Price Crash Forum

To Be A Mortgage Slave Is To Be Righteous

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442

... or so it seems

Only if you believe the bankers and their government/media propagandist whores. laugh.gif

Never trust anyone selling you something.

But, especially, never trust anyone when it comes to spending £200K on some dried mud bricks and a bit of grass.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Notice then MSN news seems entirely geared towards the ho moanerz and mortgage holders "we'll be looking at what the cost of your mortgage will be" etc

Its assumed everyone has a mortgage.

Plight of tenants rarely mentioned, and if rents rise only in the context of a BTL ramping piece.

Tories rebranding as 'The Workers Party' should be the Home Owners Party.

HOLA447

Notice then MSN news seems entirely geared towards the ho moanerz and mortgage holders "we'll be looking at what the cost of your mortgage will be" etc

Its assumed everyone has a mortgage.

The debt-mongers must be beshiting themselves at this then (mortgage-free households):

nomoremort_zps3deb1ca7.png

From @PeteJeffreys LINK

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Just general passive aggressive cr*p off family, you know the score

I read that and thought, I bet that's Si1 getting passive aggressive cr*p off a family member.

Look on the bright side dude, you're a better man than them, you have empathy and a vision, you can think for yourself and can plan for the future...where they are ( having not met them ) I suspect self serving brain dead morons who's only empathy is an old bottle of shampoo.

Chin up matey, it'll all look different in a few months.

Even if we get a "real" house price boom now, Imagine how bad the eventual collapse would be, most investment manias are best ignored unless you are making out of it and leave at the right time.

HOLA4412

I read that and thought, I bet that's Si1 getting passive aggressive cr*p off a family member.

Look on the bright side dude, you're a better man than them, you have empathy and a vision, you can think for yourself and can plan for the future...where they are ( having not met them ) I suspect self serving brain dead morons who's only empathy is an old bottle of shampoo.

Chin up matey, it'll all look different in a few months.

Even if we get a "real" house price boom now, Imagine how bad the eventual collapse would be, most investment manias are best ignored unless you are making out of it and leave at the right time.

I'm happy enough, resigned to the long term fallout

Do enjoy my little grumpy threads though, and this ones got a great title I reckon

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'm happy enough, resigned to the long term fallout

Do enjoy my little grumpy threads though, and this ones got a great title I reckon

Might not be that long. laugh.gif

If people are putting pressure on you to buy a house, offer to buy theirs, based on their buying price and the rate of inflation or wage inflation. They might WILL get a shock.

It's hard to believe we are right back in 2007 land, with the government now directly acting as the loony lenders. Would anyone here wanted to have been saddled with a 2007 house purchase ?

I put a thread up before saying the THB2 scheme was little more than a return to 120% mortgages when you see that prices last year were 20% lower and the government is now lending 20% over and above what they are worth.

You just know this madness can't continue much longer.

HOLA4415

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/PyramidSchemes

"Pyramid schemes are illegal and very risky ‘get-rich-quick’ schemes that can cost a lot of people a lot of money."

"In contrast, people in legitimate multi-level marketing earn money by selling genuine products to consumers, not from the recruiting process. "

If someone is recruiting you to join a scheme where they are making a lot of money by not selling anything then maybe it's time to contact the fraud squad.

or if it's not a pyramid....maybe it's multi-level marketting:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100364484

"But even if they're not pyramid schemes, the chances of making any money with multi-level marketing—let alone striking it rich—appear to be remote."

So there you go....if you're bottom of the [pyramid....you are not going to make any money.

Better to wait till the housing pyramid collapses, then buy in at the highest level possible....this way you'll either make more or loose less.

buying a house at the peak market price is life signing your income over to the bankers for years to come.

F*** that.

HOLA4416

Just general passive aggressive cr*p off family, you know the score

Just tell 'em you simply don't do debt. Not a penny and certainly not hundreds of thousands. Tell 'em it's a personal principle.

That'll get them off your back as they'll realise they have to persuade you to become indebted rather than persuade you to be a "home owner".

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just tell 'em you simply don't do debt. Not a penny and certainly not hundreds of thousands. Tell 'em it's a personal principle.

That'll get them off your back as they'll realise they have to persuade you to become indebted rather than persuade you to be a "home owner".

Yep, there is something intrinsically righteous about someone totally untainted by debt, even property mentalists have to pause and consider this answer. It really says to them "I am wealthier than you", and they really don`t like that.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

According to wikiquotes, unsourced, and that's never a good sign, but a fellah in the pub said that his mate said that Gandhi said, "Even If I am a minority of one, truth is still the truth."

If borrowing ever greater amounts of money against the same housing stock was a way to ensure our financial futures, it would have worked already. Lord knows, we've given it laldy in the UK for 40 years and change - so if it's going to work, I assume it's working now. How does it look from where you're sitting?

On the other hand, an unmanaged credit boom would be expected to gradually extinguish yield in the asset class subject to speculation and, if large enough, embed an essentially unmanageable fragility in the economy from whence the bubble has sprung. Sound familiar?

Tomorrow is a promise to no-one, but an interest-only mortgage is forever, ;) .

Massive credit expansion is socially divisive. It seems to me that by assailing the implicit social contract of fiat money, unmanaged credit expansion harms our collective endeavour to live together without conflict. You can't put a money price on the damage done - but that doesn't mean that the damage is not real. Not everything that matters has a money price. There's value in saying "F*** you and your idiocy, I'm not playing" - especially if the game is analogous to eating your own shit, which is how I see boomers badgering their offspring into ludicrous mortgages at these prices and these interest rates in this country now. Will that value offset and financial disadvantage that follows if it turns out that eating their shit so you could profitably feed your own shit to your children was the way to make your house an ATM? That's a personal matter, not well modelled by Carney's eggheads, I suspect.

We have the lesson of Iceland and Ireland before us. Nobody can say that they didn't know where this was going.

If we can't afford the houses, the prices are wrong.

HOLA4421

How is a mortgage free house anything to do with a banks assets?

Sorry, I was referring to the 7.2 million households that are currently mortgage free.

The debtmomgers will be fine, they'll alter their business model to extract the equity if we get that far. Chairman of the Bored's endgame could take a while so there's plenty of time to do more of that damage.

Damahe that isn't considered economic related so no one gives a flying ******.

Edited by 7 Year Itch