SleepyHead

HOLA441
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

In or out of Europe this economic system will fail.

With Sterling or with the Euro this economic system will fail.

Without reform of the monetary and banking system our entire way of life will end. We will look like Bulgaria when the next financial collapse happens.

All the main political parties (UKIP included) will maintain the status quo.

HOLA444

Without reform of the monetary and banking system our entire way of life will end. We will look like Bulgaria when the next financial collapse happens.

no they won't.

the battle lines are already being drawn.

best solution is north-south split.

worst case is the federalists get totally obsessive about control....and lose greece/cyprus to russia(yes russia will step in militarily)...and then the EU federalists will be going to war with russia..hopefully we'll be out of it by then-at the moment the PTB in EU are trying to pin this one down as a proxy war with the anglo-saxons(yes they would like the anglo bloc, russians and arabs to blow each other to bits)....by infiltrating our political system and doing some very nasty stuff..not in our name but with our lives....down to the word of a priest with delusions of grandeur who thinks that everybody else who doesn't think the same way he does is an infidel.(similar thinking to ahminajihad methinks)

Edited by oracle

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Given that no-one, not even the Scottish Nationalists, wants separate currencies in the nations of the UK the next best thing is to emulate different base rates in different parts of the UK by driving people and industry out of the South East by taxation, eg lower corporation tax rates north of Watford Gap. London needs to vomit up everything it has sucked in.

HOLA448

Too true, but I will be lending my vote to UKIP in the Euro-elections on May 22 to signal my discontent.

HOLA449

Given that no-one, not even the Scottish Nationalists, wants separate currencies in the nations of the UK the next best thing is to emulate different base rates in different parts of the UK by driving people and industry out of the South East by taxation, eg lower corporation tax rates north of Watford Gap. London needs to vomit up everything it has sucked in.

Sounds a good idea, but too late.

HOLA4410

Personally I am in a quandary over the EU.

First point, it's a bit funny that UKIP has only come to the fore after the EU made noises about regulating The City.

Second, exactly what do the Tories want to re-negotiate? Answer: workers conditions of employment.

Third, at least the EU has a real economy. Chiefly in Germany of course, but at least they have that. The Euro has not collapsed or even lost value against the pound.

Fourth, does anyone really want to be left alone with our lot? Both EU and British states are corrupt troughers, no doubt. But at least the EU has some vision and is occasionally competent. Our lot are simply incompetent troughers who cannot get the smallest thing right.

HOLA4411

First point, it's a bit funny that UKIP has only come to the fore after the EU made noises about regulating The City.

Second, exactly what do the Tories want to re-negotiate? Answer: workers conditions of employment.

Third, at least the EU has a real economy. Chiefly in Germany of course, but at least they have that. The Euro has not collapsed or even lost value against the pound.

Fourth, does anyone really want to be left alone with our lot? Both EU and British states are corrupt troughers, no doubt. But at least the EU has some vision and is occasionally competent. Our lot are simply incompetent troughers who cannot get the smallest thing right.

Basically what you have written is that you can see plenty of good bits about the EU, As long as you don't look for the bad bits.

The only chap I know thats a europhile has much the same view, he'd rather have a vast, unaccountable, massively expensive legislature because he doesn't like the conservative party.

'kin nuts.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Basically what you have written is that you can see plenty of good bits about the EU, As long as you don't look for the bad bits.

The only chap I know thats a europhile has much the same view, he'd rather have a vast, unaccountable, massively expensive legislature because he doesn't like the conservative party.

'kin nuts.

So true.

HOLA4414

Still, could be worse..

HOLA4415

Not true. UKIP has been growing for years. You have linked them in your mind.

No doubt increased EU regulation has helped UKIP's case but it has had strong showings at Eu polls for years.

HOLA4416

Not true. UKIP has been growing for years. You have linked them in your mind.

No doubt increased EU regulation has helped UKIP's case but it has had strong showings at Eu polls for years.

Yup. the 'euroskeptic' movement going mainstream coincided with Majors surrender at maastricht. Very limited when it was still the EEC.

In fact the only one who've ive noticed get edgy about the EU when it set its sights on the city of London was Cameron.

Probably the only thing that would get the tories to pull out is if the EU threatened their beloved city/extortion racket.

HOLA4417

I still think UKIP only got media attention after the EU threatened to regulate the city.

I hasten to add I am not a europhile. What I said was, I am in a quandary. I have been euroskeptic for years but now it comes down to it I am wondering.

The whole point of the EEC was protectionism. That is what was sold to us anyhow. I think a good bit of protectionism is now the only hope for the west.

HOLA4418

Wasn't the fact that Cameron reneged on the "cast iron" promise of an eu referendum one of the main things that gave UKIP momentum in increasing its popularity (Labour also reneged on it earlier but Cameron's promise was supposed to be cast iron).

The LibDems were going to be the party to sort out integrity in UK politics but as soon as they got the chance they reneged on the tuition fee promise - which also helped UKIP.

Then, of course, there's the behaviour of the eu itself after the economic collapse - as well as before it.

Etc.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419

The fact that these parties can make cast-iron pledges during the election campaign and then simply renage on them afterwards is connected to one of the points I made. There is nothing trustworthy or honourable about our governments. We can't compare them to Europe and say they are better.

On the contrary, the system is corrupt to the core. It can't be mended by voting in a different lot of corrupt liars. If we leave the EU, there is no higher power above whatever corrupt liars we happen to have in power at the time.

Also, if Scotland goes it alone, we aren't an oil power. What then happens to our currency ? Without oil we are just an overpriced credit bubble, ripe for the popping.

HOLA4420

I still think UKIP only got media attention after the EU threatened to regulate the city.

I hasten to add I am not a europhile. What I said was, I am in a quandary. I have been euroskeptic for years but now it comes down to it I am wondering.

The whole point of the EEC was protectionism. That is what was sold to us anyhow. I think a good bit of protectionism is now the only hope for the west.

The only hope for the West is to get the jobs back from Asia

HOLA4421

I would like to see UKIP have some better qualified(and different profession) MP's for starters.

half of the reason this country is up sh1t creek is our elected official have degrees in government and politics, while the likes of germany/china have theirs with degrees in nuclear physics and engineering.

tells you quite a bit about the future(and also the value of career politicians doing mickey mouse courses).

it's not just confined to politics though....check football.

roy hodgeson FFS.

oozes YES MAN!.....not got the balls to call a spade a spade.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The fact that these parties can make cast-iron pledges during the election campaign and then simply renage on them afterwards is connected to one of the points I made. There is nothing trustworthy or honourable about our governments. We can't compare them to Europe and say they are better.

On the contrary, the system is corrupt to the core. It can't be mended by voting in a different lot of corrupt liars. If we leave the EU, there is no higher power above whatever corrupt liars we happen to have in power at the time.

Also, if Scotland goes it alone, we aren't an oil power. What then happens to our currency ? Without oil we are just an overpriced credit bubble, ripe for the popping.

All political parties make pre-election promises that they have no intention of keeping. Politicians are filthy diseased liars but at the moment we don't have that many in relation to the EU.

If we leave the EU it will be us against the politicians in Westminster. If we stay in it will be us against Westminster AND a massive pool of bureaucratic scum that doesn't give a shite about democracy.

The result of the Scottish independence referendum will be a landslide for the 'No' vote so don't worry about the oil.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425