House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Executive Sadman

Denningers Blog

Bit of a shame, i used to wait eagerly for his credit reports and commentary on fed data releases at least.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=228802

Wonder if this means no more taper? He seemed peed a year or so back when the taper was postponed and some other stuff. Maybe he's finally giving up and accepted the fed isnt driven by logic but by demon possessed politicized power whores.

Bit of a shame, i used to wait eagerly for his credit reports and commentary on fed data releases at least.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=228802

Wonder if this means no more taper? He seemed peed a year or so back when the taper was postponed and some other stuff. Maybe he's finally giving up and accepted the fed isnt driven by logic but by demon possessed politicized power whores.

Yeah, Deninger always made some good points but never seemed to twig that the disastrous economic policies being pursued by the authorities weren't as a result of stupidity, incompetence or misguided beliefs, but rather orchestrated so as to maximise the benefit of the insiders at the expense of everyone else.

I think that's partly whey he got so wound up all the time.... He was constantly opining "How can they be this STUPID!!!!!!!?????". They're not stupid, Karl, they know exactly what they are doing but their aims are different to those that they state.

Read some of his stuff in 08/9. Struck me as being mostly a one-sided political rant rather than useful market commentary.

Judgement clouded by this very obvious cognitive bias.(as most blog/media sites are of course)

Edited by R K

He just seems to be taking a rest. Only the forum is being closed down, but that is full of cr@p anyway.

I guess he's giving it time, to eventually be proven right, which he probably won't be.

I doubt the Foghorn will stop blaring. He's always been a political blogger.

And he will be proved right. Spot on from 2007-2010, until his target on the "rip your face off rally" to S&P 1050 was blown through.

His last substantial forecast is that tapering has to carry on to the end.

As he always says, in the end you can't buck "the math".

Was introduced to Denninger through here. Seemed sound in what he said. However, he like most relatively sane and well-informed observers could not foresee the lengths to which TPTB would go to to both protect their own interest and game the crisis. You can't argue with the 'math,' though we do seem to be in some sort of alternative reality where common sense, maths and gravity is being being defied.