House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Pre-Nup Law 'will Save Career Women From Greedy Men': Top Lawyer Says It Could Stop Bitterness Of Break-Ups

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566281/Pre-nup-law-save-career-women-greedy-men-Top-lawyer-says-stop-bitterness-break-ups.html

Baroness Deech said women need a pre-nup law to protect their earnings

Pro-marriage campaigner suggests law would stop men marrying successful women and running off with a large share of their wealth

Government advisers due to publish plans for a pre-nup law

Supporters of a pre-nup law say it would stop gold-diggers

However, others claim it would undermine the role of marriage

Luckily women only marry for love and the size of the wallet doesn't matter?

Currently the divorce law works in such a way that the lower earning person receives more money.

This is supposed to give both people a similar quality of life.

IMO it works only if one has sacrificed their career to some extent to look after children, it doesn;t make much sense to childless couples.

I look forward to seeing someone propose in a restaurant and then pull out a contract to sign!

I know its the Daily Mail and all - but did i just actually read that :unsure:

I doubt even most women would disagree that when it comes to 'predatory other halves' - the vast majority are female.

Just how warped is this womans view on the world to think women are the general victims of something like this ?

The man hating in this country reaches new depths.

Possibly just an advert for lawyers! :blink: There's always money to be made from other people's misfortunes. :blink:

I know its the Daily Mail and all - but did i just actually read that :unsure:

I doubt even most women would disagree that when it comes to 'predatory other halves' - the vast majority are female.

for feminists, only females can be victims, that's axiomatic.

eg.

a completely innocent man is found to have been falsely accused of rape, and somebody comments "that's terrible" ...

... "because it means that genuine victims of rape are less likely to be believed",

Bingo! you've just found a feminist.

Everyone, please think before you react.

It's the Daily Mail - as far removed from reality as you might wish.

It frightens pensioners in order to justify their prejudices. Their main prejudice is that they deserve everything the government has promised them.

The Daily Mail is your enemy. Not immigrants. Not gypsies. Not muslims. Not young people. Not renters.

Best thing you can do is put interestrateripoff on IGNORE.

for feminists, only females can be victims, that's axiomatic.

eg.

a completely innocent man is found to have been falsely accused of rape, and somebody comments "that's terrible" ...

... "because it means that genuine victims of rape are less likely to be believed",

Bingo! you've just found a feminist.

I have always found that to be bizarre! surely the man who's wife has left him, who's kids are being bullied at school for it, surely he is the victim!

Feminists seem to aim to change a 'male dominated' society to a 'female dominated' society when surely equality is what we should be looking for!

Everyone, please think before you react.

It's the Daily Mail - as far removed from reality as you might wish.

It frightens pensioners in order to justify their prejudices. Their main prejudice is that they deserve everything the government has promised them.

The Daily Mail is your enemy. Not immigrants. Not gypsies. Not muslims. Not young people. Not renters.

Best thing you can do is put interestrateripoff on IGNORE.

Yes but theres nothing like having your blood boiled while on the internet. Arrrggggghhh

Currently the divorce law works in such a way that the lower earning person receives more money.

This is supposed to give both people a similar quality of life.

IMO it works only if one has sacrificed their career to some extent to look after children, it doesn;t make much sense to childless couples.

I look forward to seeing someone propose in a restaurant and then pull out a contract to sign!

This was the case in my divorce, no kids and over the years my high earnings meant my ex-wife was able to take less stressful and more local jobs for the sake of her sanity, she suffered from a number of minor mental illnesses. I'd always taken the view that we earn enough between us to have a nice life and I'd rather her be happy. Of course when we get divorced I'm earning way more than her and she has me over a barrel.