House Price Crash Forum
or in excess of

One Third Of Mp`s Into Btl

http://www.plymouthh...tail/story.html

Is anyone really surprised?

No.

There is a clear conflict of interest here, these people are allowing bankrupt banks to keep trading and allowing our taxes to be used to underpin house prices, they also provide massive levels of landlord subsidies through housing benefit and keep allowing massive immigration ( i.e. renters ) into the country despite public opinion. This is why I and many others will be voting UKIP.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I suppose the good news is that as time goes on and the priced out generation come to power, rentiers will be punished and self building will be liberated.

You can already see it creeping in at the edges, with many planning applications being passed, licensing of landlords, mininum energy efficency of rental properties etc.

I suppose the good news is that as time goes on and the priced out generation come to power, rentiers will be punished and self building will be liberated.

You can already see it creeping in at the edges, with many planning applications being passed, licensing of landlords, mininum energy efficency of rental properties etc.

I would hope so, but I would expect that the majority of priced out generation do not even understand why they are priced out. They will just acclimate themselves to the system without enough of them ever questioning it enough to change it.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=10427

The register of interests is always worth a look for your MP.

Does this mean Mr Meacher has sold up his Cotswold Holiday cottage or just doesn't rent it out for 2 weeks a year?

"A property in the Cotswolds from which rental income was received for two weeks' holiday rental."

And is that since they tightened up the rules about being able to claim losses on holiday rentals back on your wages?

" Flats let in London.

A small number of flats in SW and NW London from which rental income is received."

Edited by SarahBell

It will be a couple of decades at lest before the priced out renters have any real power as the home owning lobby who want HPI is so large. Add to that the so-called pressure group PricedOut want prices to stay at the current nominal levels and decrease in real terms via wage inflation; good luck with that. Add to that the constant feed from MSM of 'shortage of land', 'permanently' low interest rates topped up by HtB etc and you can see how MPs have stacked the odds for HPI in their favour and have their snouts in the trough.

There was a rather depressing (par for the course) interview with David Ritchie, chief executive of Bovis Homes on the Radio 4 Today Programme this morning at ~ 07:23am.

Build 20% more homes, charge 15% more for each and wahey, you get 50% more profits.

Thanks HTB - although government subsidy has nothing to do with it, if you believe Ritchie

Interview starts at 01:24.10 in the following link

Boom Time for the house builders

I am so glad I am not interested in buying or owning a house at any price. Mentally, I feel completely separate from the UK, even though I reside here.

It will be a couple of decades at lest before the priced out renters have any real power as the home owning lobby who want HPI is so large. Add to that the so-called pressure group PricedOut want prices to stay at the current nominal levels and decrease in real terms via wage inflation; good luck with that. Add to that the constant feed from MSM of 'shortage of land', 'permanently' low interest rates topped up by HtB etc and you can see how MPs have stacked the odds for HPI in their favour and have their snouts in the trough.

Nonsense. Scotland has already banned letting agents from charging any kind of fees, and landlords must declare deposits, and place them with a deposit protection agency, if they can find any tenants that is. Add to that the fact that rents here have gone nowhere for a decade and a half, and it is pretty easy to work out where the power lies. England is slightly behind on this, but hopefully will catch up one day.

Nonsense. Scotland has already banned letting agents from charging any kind of fees, and landlords must declare deposits, and place them with a deposit protection agency, if they can find any tenants that is. Add to that the fact that rents here have gone nowhere for a decade and a half, and it is pretty easy to work out where the power lies. England is slightly behind on this, but hopefully will catch up one day.

Plus the average voter has no idea WHY house prices are so high. I do invest time explaining the HPC knowledge to people in the UK. So far I have converted 4 people who now see why HPC is so desperately needed for them and their kids to have a future.

I'm surprised it's not more that that.

+1

That's only the BTL. Then from the article there's another issue.

MPs have been urged to reveal exactly how many of them own second homes in Devon and Cornwall amid claims a conflict of interest is standing in the way of helping to solve the housing and social crisis in the Westcountry.

An analysis by the Western Morning News found at least five MPs with constituencies outside the two counties own holiday homes or buy-to-let properties in the region

But the real figure is likely to be larger as parliamentary rules require them to make public only details of properties from which they derive an income.

One senior Cornwall councillor said the rule smacks of “double standards” as politicians at a local authority are ordered to reveal their entire property portfolio.

That's only Devon and Cornwall.

plus properties in their wifes name, or a family trust, or owned by relatives that they use for free.

still, on the bright side at least the issue is now being talked about

plus properties in their wifes name, or a family trust, or owned by relatives that they use for free.

still, on the bright side at least the issue is now being talked about

Perhaps, like 'Dave', they own so many properties that they've simply lost count?

It's why I think UKIP isn't going far enough. What we need is total regime change. Perhaps back to monarchy? Or dictatorship perhaps. At least then you've got one self serving demagogue instead of several hundred. Not sure the country would end up several hundreds of times better though, but worth a try, no?

Plus the average voter has no idea WHY house prices are so high. I do invest time explaining the HPC knowledge to people in the UK. So far I have converted 4 people who now see why HPC is so desperately needed for them and their kids to have a future.

I was talking with a group of people recently who asked whom I would vote for in the next election. I told them "Greens" and they assumed I was doing it for environmental reasons. I quickly put them straight explaining that it was because they advocated LVT and monetary reform. This then got into explaining how our current debt based monetary system works - and it's relevance to the house price ponzi. The shock on their faces as they went through the implications of what I told them was a wonder to behold.

Edited by alexw

There was a rather depressing (par for the course) interview with David Ritchie, chief executive of Bovis Homes on the Radio 4 Today Programme this morning at ~ 07:23am.

Build 20% more homes, charge 15% more for each and wahey, you get 50% more profits.

Thanks HTB - although government subsidy has nothing to do with it, if you believe Ritchie

Interview starts at 01:24.10 in the following link

Boom Time for the house builders

I am so glad I am not interested in buying or owning a house at any price. Mentally, I feel completely separate from the UK, even though I reside here.

I heard this. Utter garbage from Ritchie - basically saying that without HtB, Bovis would've sold as many houses, at the same price just they would've found 'different means' of marketing.

The interviewer didn't press him hard enough. Should've simply said "Rubbish - Without HtB, you can't get as many buyers at the prices you are asking, so either you build less or (more likely) lower prices." But typical R4 didn't press the issue anywhere near hard enough.

No.

There is a clear conflict of interest here, these people are allowing bankrupt banks to keep trading and allowing our taxes to be used to underpin house prices, they also provide massive levels of landlord subsidies through housing benefit and keep allowing massive immigration ( i.e. renters ) into the country despite public opinion. This is why I and many others will be voting UKIP.

Have you seen that UKIP's housing spokesman owns many buy to lets and receives 750k a year in housing benefit from his many tenants? He is not going to lower that little haul.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/richest-mp-britain-slams-welfare-3178089#ixzz2uHDVnKQa