House Price Crash Forum

Fever

MrPin

HOLA441
HOLA442

I suspect i might be immune. Wifes had two stomach bugs and my daughter. Ive never had it in my life despite standing next to them while they were sick etc?

Is there such a thing as immunity to this?

What blood group are you? People with blood group B are fairly resistant to norovirus:

http://www.nature.com/nrmicro/journal/v8/n3/full/nrmicro2296.html (requires subscription)

In general immunity to noroviruses is very poorly understood. You can definitely be immune in the short term immediately after an infection but it's not clear whether long term immunity exists.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I'd agree - norovirus unlikely if you haven't thrown up.

Fever with acute diarrhoea sounds more like campylobacter

Update on the Pin aliment, for the benefit of the World! :blink:

Still a bit chesty and light headed. No acute diarhoea, as I have had no need to sprint! :blink:

HOLA445

If it is norovirus, you're still highly infectious until 48 hours after you stop having symptoms. Most people go back to work as soon as the symptoms stop which is why it spreads like wildfire through workplaces.

Edit: It definitely comes on quickly, I once got it on a workday where I felt absolutely chipper at midday, slightly dodgy at 1pm, and at 2pm I was on all fours chundering into a drain on a suburban street round the corner from my house as I hadn't managed to make it home fast enough.

Absolutely right. I had a very similar experience. Fine at lunchtime, but had to get off at nearly every stop on the Tube because the nausea was so bad (not actually sick though). Even had to sit down on the floor of the Tube - which as anyone who's travelled on one knows - it is not something you do voluntarily. Managed to make it home. I now insist that people in my team stay at home for at least a couple of days after getting it as it will take out your entire team if you're not careful.

Took weeks to regain my strength - in fact it was only by eating some natural live yoghurt that I started to turn the corner energy levels wise.

HOLA446

I think there are definitely people who have immunity to this sort of thing. I am just not a puker. In all the years of parenting I done, being in close proximity to vomit, having been puked on umpteen times, all the gallons of sick I've mopped up, I have never come down with a bug that made me vomit.

I only ever puke if I drink too much or if I eat dodgy shellfish (only the once - never, ever again , the worst night of my life - must have vommited my entire stomach lining - such was the force and duration of my puking)

HOLA447
HOLA448

I'm just wondering what constitutes 'normal' in Mr Pin's world. :D

It's not normal for me to go to bed in the afternoon, and listen to Radio 4. I'm too lethargic to be annoyed by it!

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Well, I'm now off the critical list, and went to work today! Many people seem to have had it. Some had a couple of days off and then went back to work, believing they were "better", and then found out they weren't much better really! :huh:

I'll be off to bed soon! I don't have any Horlicks, but I've found German Lager to be an acceptable night cap. Now I must be improving! ;)

It's not a novovirus because nobody is vomiting!

HOLA4411

You're sick....?

Not a sick as that pervy looking gadgie behind you...!

I mean there's a bloke who's clearly approaching the 'Billy-Mill Roundabout'...!

And where *exactly* is his other hand...?

And is it my imagination, or are there onlookers egging him on...?

No wonder you're ill - you must be shattered after all that dogging action...

;)

670px-Speedy_Sweep_-_Sooty_%26_Co..jpg

XYY

HOLA4412

You're sick....?

Not a sick as that pervy looking gadgie behind you...!

I mean there's a bloke who's clearly approaching the 'Billy-Mill Roundabout'...!

And where *exactly* is his other hand...?

And is it my imagination, or are there onlookers egging him on...?

No wonder you're ill - you must be shattered after all that dogging action...

;)

670px-Speedy_Sweep_-_Sooty_%26_Co..jpg

XYY

False Sooty, manipulated by "son of Corbett"!

Archived