House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dorkins

What Matters Most To You? A Survey From The Conservatives

This came up in my Twitter feed, a quick chance to tell our (principled democratic representatives working hard on behalf of ordinary people/bought-and-paid-for lackeys of an increasingly distant elite, delete as appropriate) what you want them to do. I went for all the housing and intergenerational fairness choices.

http://www.conservatives.com/survey?firstname=&lastname=&email=&postcode=

NB: I have never voted Conservative in my life and have no connection whatsoever with the party.

This came up in my Twitter feed, a quick chance to tell our (principled democratic representatives working hard on behalf of ordinary people/bought-and-paid-for lackeys of an increasingly distant elite, delete as appropriate) what you want them to do. I went for all the housing and intergenerational fairness choices.

http://www.conservat...mail=&postcode=

NB: I have never voted Conservative in my life and have no connection whatsoever with the party.

You couldn't make this up.....You do them a favour and fill in the survey and it hits you with this:

Knowing your views will help us carry on securing a better future for Britain.

Our long-term economic plan is working – but there's still much more to do. Help us secure Britain's future by donating £10 today

It's either a scam to part idiots from their cash, or it's some bloke in Nigeria.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Please answer the questions below and press ‘SUBMIT’.

Interesting choice of word "SUBMIT".

Normally people would be asked to press "SEND". Maybe it's just in their DNA.

The other lots are no different.

They also have the "Affordable Housing" option an expression that has debt in its DNA.

They could at least have offered something like the options of "Cheap Housing" and "Expensive Housing but with Lots of Debt" to choose from.

Edited by billybong

It's either a scam to part idiots from their cash, or it's some bloke in Nigeria.

I don't think it's a scam, it was posted on Twitter by a Conservative MP and is on conservatives.com. No need to donate to them if you don't want to. Personally I'd rather shove a tenner into the shredder.

The choice of PMs allowed is pretty limited. Miliband or Cameron :rolleyes:

And no option for stating that the plight of homeless, unemployed people facing cuts in social security is my top issue. I note that they have a similar option but for 'hard-working families.'

UKIPPERS - and I may be one for the Euro-elections only - ought to fill this in and frighten the crap out of the Tories. B)

And no option for stating that the plight of homeless, unemployed people facing cuts in social security is my top issue. I note that they have a similar option but for 'hard-working families.'

UKIPPERS - and I may be one for the Euro-elections only - ought to fill this in and frighten the crap out of the Tories. B)

Already done ;).... although I filled out random things that don't mean anything to me (I don't want to help the conservatives combat UKIP) and certainly didn't use my name/address/postcode/email

They also have the "Affordable Housing" option an expression that has debt in its DNA.

They could at least have offered something like the options of "Cheap Housing" and "Expensive Housing but with Lots of Debt" to choose from.

Yes a mortgage for life, that buys you the right to a secure tenancy (which was once illegal). Pure comic genius from the land of the rentiers.

Already done ;).... although I filled out random things that don't mean anything to me (I don't want to help the conservatives combat UKIP) and certainly didn't use my name/address/postcode/email

Did you mention your concern about gay marriage causing the floods? :P

Couldn't see the point in asking the same questions in 1 for your family 2 for the country. When I vote I vote for what I think is right not what is best for me.

I voted for affordable housing even though I own a house and have no intention moving.

I also voted immigration I am not trying to save the world just look after my fellow country men.

And make work pay I am all for the welfare state. but believe there should be blue water between the lifestyle of the worker and people on benefit. Gets my goat the amount of benefits some people get. £26,000 no tax unbelievable.

Did you mention your concern about gay marriage causing the floods? :P

I did fill it in again, from another connection, and put the enviroment as my primary concern :D

I don't think it's a scam, it was posted on Twitter by a Conservative MP and is on conservatives.com. No need to donate to them if you don't want to. Personally I'd rather shove a tenner into the shredder.

was joking...doh.

They'll all pretend to be listening (just before elections) but it won't make a jot of difference to their policies if they do get in power.

In that connection they are transparent.

Edited by billybong

Considering they will almost certainly pay polling organisations to conduct statistically valid surveys and focus groups, doesn't this amateur-hour, unrepresentative survey seem a little bit, strange?

Push Poll

The mildest forms of push polling are designed merely to remind voters of a particular issue. For instance, a push poll might ask respondents to rank candidates based on their support of an issue in order to get voters thinking about that issue.

One way to distinguish between push polling as a tactic and polls which legitimately seek information is the sample size. Genuine polls make do with small, representative samples, whereas push polls can be very large, like any other mass marketing effort.

Edited by (Blizzard)

Maybe they've identified Twitter as a new and separate sort of constituency maybe with an emphasis on the young so they think they can use that media to make fresh inroads as a handy marketing media for the elections.

It's quite noticeable how the items that they list are the things that the Conservatives currently think are important (or at least are pretending to think important). There's not even a box for any additional policies that contributing people might want to add "as important". There's not even a box for politicians with integrity or for fewer MPs - not even a box about cramped living conditions, congestion, rebalancing the economy, Scottish independence, pensions, better savings rates, all the fraud etc in banking and financial services etc.

It's half baked.

The other lots are no different of course.

Edited by billybong

Survey from the Conservatives...

Received this in the post - I have voted Conservative in each general election, time over. Made no difference even in 2010, Conservatives couldn't retake it, although was close as I remember it. Not having my vote next time. It is a marginal seat they're challenging for.

Blocked-up personal identifier/address/codes etc, other than the Cheadle bit, for I don't care about that.

Highlights...

Covering letter, and one of only two main bolded points.

KEEPING MORTGAGE RATES LOW

Our long-term economic plan is supporting people who work hard and play by the rules. By reducing the deficit we're
safeguarding our economy for the long term and, crucially, helping to keep mortgage rates low.

Survey itself

5. Keeping Mortgage rates low
By reducing the deficit inherited from Labour we've managed to keep the cost of borrowing down, meaning that
mortgage rates have stayed low for millions of families.

How strongly do you agree or disagree that this has been the right priority for the economy?

6. Thinking about your own finances, how much of a benefit to you and your family have low mortgage rates been over
the past few years?

C2.JPG

C3.JPG

post-12306-0-96333200-1406725285_thumb.jpg

post-12306-0-24868700-1406725508_thumb.jpg

Fed up with talking the talk and walking the walk......all mouth and no trousers as the saying goes.......just because they talk about doing something doesn't mean they actually do any of it or do it in full, evidence shows otherwise.......fed up with big money talking, one crime one punishment for all however much money or influence behind it.

Stop trying to be all things to all people.....and end up being nothing to nobody. ;)

Edited by winkie

I voted for affordable housing even though I own a house and have no intention moving.

I also voted immigration I am not trying to save the world just look after my fellow country men.

And make work pay I am all for the welfare state. but believe there should be blue water between the lifestyle of the worker and people on benefit. Gets my goat the amount of benefits some people get. £26,000 no tax unbelievable.

I went for the second two plus controlling the debt / deficit. I'm not sure voting affordable housing is a good idea as will probably mean more help to buy etc if it has specifically said lower house prices I would have gone for it.

Well we know what the answer will be from the average voter...care and support for the elderly and the NHS. Who isn't going to vote for jam today to be paid at a future date to be determined.

Edited by crashmonitor

What Matters Most To You? A Survey From The Conservatives

It's a bit disappointing that there wasn't a box "To boot out the LibLabCon" for people to tick.

Edited by billybong

What matters most to me at this point is having the Conservatives whanged out of office and for them to have a wholesale clearout of dripping wets, rentier VIs, various lobbyist cronies, landed gentry etc and emerge with the rough shape of a party which represents the interests of people who want to be afforded the opportunity to live a dignified, financially independent life.

I'm not holding my breath...