House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gigantic Purple Slug

Uk Debt And Deficit : All You Need To Know

Key figure: Despite falling back in January, actual UK house sales (as opposed to the seasonally massaged ones) were 41% higher than in January 2013. That tells you all you need to know about what is happening in the house market right now.

11.47 on the business live feed..

Strange. Maybe some other postera could offer their views on this seasonal adjustment because it seems to have pissed off whoever at the BBC wrote the above piece.

Key figure: Despite falling back in January, actual UK house sales (as opposed to the seasonally massaged ones) were 41% higher than in January 2013. That tells you all you need to know about what is happening in the house market right now.

Yes, it tells me that sales have started to fall back because of the insane prices and the withdrawal of FLS.

The BBc shouldn't be writing such subjective nonsense as this.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The total deficit is the important one, hence the one the pols never discuss. This is running off to infinity even as the primary deficit falls.

Total deficit = annual (primary) deficit + annual debt interest repayment.

My guess:

UK Total deficit = £70bn + £80bn by 2017

Edited by zugzwang

According to Forex Factory the Public Sector Net Borrowing for Jan (announced today) was around £3bn worse than expected and £3.5bn and £4.3bn worse then the last couple of years.
Edited by Oliver Sutton

According to Forex Factory the Public Sector Net Borrowing for Jan (announced today) was around £3bn worse than expected and £3.5bn and £4.3bn worse then the last couple of years.

Yeah. The monthly figure goes up and down like a tarts knickers though. Often posted on here when bad though :lol:

The yearly figure is the only thing worth looking at.

In the analysis I don't see any write up on the temporary effects of financial interventions, and royal mail pension exclusions? Ons has PSNB ex of 1.24tn Jan14 but that excludes the temporary effect of financial interventions. I know psnb ex has interesting history. :)

Table psf6b, psf6a looks interesting.. Bkqk PSND reading 2.2tn. 7 years on and these temporary effects another 7 years to get rid of?

Edited by Ash4781

I'm not sure if this is the best place but whole government accounts have been released for I think 12/13 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/whole-of-government-accounts-2012-to-2013

They have been qualified again but I haven't looked at the detail. There is also a note on the difference between the WGA numbers and the PSND numbers. Eg the net liability is £ 1.63tn for 12/13.

Edited by Ash4781

I'm not sure if this is the best place but whole government accounts have been released for I think 12/13 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/whole-of-government-accounts-2012-to-2013

They have been qualified again but I haven't looked at the detail. There is also a note on the difference between the WGA numbers and the PSND numbers. Eg the net liability is £ 1.63tn for 12/13.

Thanks, I'll have a gander later. Try to work out when the national debt goes asymptotic.

Someone tell me what is wrong with the image below. Knowledge of webdesign and where to deliberately place text would help you answer the question.

k3b2gl.png

Help me out on this one please, what do you see?

For all the talk of record employment levels, income tax receipts still falling. Strange, that.

PAYE + NI

2012-13 241.6
2011-12 242.7
2010-11 243.6
PAYE only
2012-13 150.9
2011-12 151.8
2010-11 158.1

Time for me to climb onto my soapbox for a minute.....

As you can see from the figures, NI is more than half the value of income tax. However, it is to a degree, voluntary.

If you can make use of salary sacrifice and defer the income, you will not have to pay NI on pension withdrawals. You and your employer can prevent the NI being taken. This can massively improve your effective marginal tax rate.