House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Rare 50P Coin Worth £120

Well I've never seen one, and definitely won't now. I still look for the £50 undated 20ps but still no luck.

article-0-1BAAC53500000578-288_634x613.jpg

A relatively rare Kew Gardens themed 50p coin could now be worth more than 200 times its face value as buyers look to add the piece to their collection.

The coin was produced five years ago with a run of 210,000 to mark the 250th anniversary of the Royal Botanic Gardens.

Royal Mint says around one in 300 people are likely to have the coin, but it could now disappear at speed after it stated the coin is the rarest in general circulation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-2563754/Kew-Gardens-50p-Do-one-Britains-rarest-coins.html

One on e bay has been bid up to £135 with 9 hours to go. Plenty more to.

The daftness of people is never to be underestimated! ;)

I don't think I've ever seen one of those, and I do tend to notice unusual coin designs. The only 50p coin in my pocket right now is from 1998, so one of the earlier small ones.

At the moment I am in the unusual position of having five 2p pieces in my pocket, because normally I spend change militantly to avoid lugging around a jangling mess. Of those five tuppences, one is from 1980, and two are from 1971, the year of their introduction!

I don't think I've ever seen one of those, and I do tend to notice unusual coin designs. The only 50p coin in my pocket right now is from 1998, so one of the earlier small ones.

At the moment I am in the unusual position of having five 2p pieces in my pocket, because normally I spend change militantly to avoid lugging around a jangling mess. Of those five tuppences, one is from 1980, and two are from 1971, the year of their introduction!

I`ve seen one, but didn't keep it to one side. Oh well :)