House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Earthquake

Didn't feel a thing despite it only being supposedly a few miles away from where I am typing this?

Ditto. I have experienced a minor quake before in Italy, and it was very weird - room shook sufficient that the bed moved from side to side on its castors, lasted for about 5 seconds.

Ditto. I have experienced a minor quake before in Italy, and it was very weird - room shook sufficient that the bed moved from side to side on its castors, lasted for about 5 seconds.

I met her in Frejus.

Ilfracombe coast.

Was in Exmouth today at the time of this.

Felt nowt down south Devon.

Or in Bath. But still, I fell that we should set our hair on fire and run around panicking with our hands in the air. Tis the done thing..

Or in Bath. But still, I fell that we should set our hair on fire and run around panicking with our hands in the air. Tis the done thing..

There was a prog about the Tsunami of 1607 on a while back.

Came right up the Bristol channel didn't it?

There was a prog about the Tsunami of 1607 on a while back.

Came right up the Bristol channel didn't it?

Yes. Although your average Indonesian would laugh at it.

Yes. Although your average Indonesian would laugh at it.

We were in Aceh, Indonesia when a 'mere' 6.1 hit. The bed in our hotel room shook as if a giant was shaking it hard - it went on for at least half a minute and all the hangers in the wardrobe were rattling like fury. In the morning the hotel staff just smiled and shrugged, and said, 'Oh, just a little one.' To them it was nothing. Bloody scary, I must say. Mr B of course had to assume habitual macho mode and pretend it was merely 'interesting'. :lol: