House Price Crash Forum
Dave Beans

You Must Buy - Otherwise Every Ten Minutes A Kitten Gets It

...It is your fault, your duty to donate £2 a month or another will die because of you. ;)

yes, we indeed are heretics.

we do not subscrible to everlasting house price rises are good.

...if over the past 15 years the mainstream media had told you food prices quadrupling was a good thing, you would have believed them too...not!

what's more, to make our little sect even more infidel.

we believe the solution to the problm is INNOVATION,,NOT LEGISLATION.

(I do actually feel some sympathy for the scot nats putting the big two-fingers up to balls/osborne and ilk, but they would do well to remember that this is NOT a celtic v rangers type debate.....many of the scots politicians do bear some guilt in this sorry debacle(some of it down to...oh well,you fecked us over with poll tax, so we'll feck you over with the EU.....a lot of it stemming from the old "jacobite" cause....tit for tat is very childish.(as mentioned before just wait until this one goes on steroids and the scots throw their toys out of the pram with the english post independence.........highland clearances 2.0 here we come, and it ain't pretty)

...for what it's worth I think the WHOLE COUNTRY as been fecked over with this bickering....grow up!

Edited by oracle

yes, we indeed are heretics.

we do not subscrible to everlasting house price rises are good.

...if over the past 15 years the mainstream media had told you food prices quadrupling was a good thing, you would have believed them too...not!

what's more, to make our little sect even more infidel.

we believe the solution to the problm is INNOVATION,,NOT LEGISLATION.

The penny is dropping. Home owners have no other source of "wealth" though

I'm not quite sure why everything doubles for a couple, but going on a single person

Renting for life at a cost of £300k seems to be considerably cheaper than buying, unless I am mistaken :lol:

Edited by LiveinHope

The penny is dropping. Home owners have no other source of "wealth" though

...not yet it ain't.

if it ain't hurting,it ain't working.

problem now really is,how people see that their present predicaments are manufactured by "artificial scarcity"

what do they intend to do about that?

...common sense says the whole shabang is too centralised...so for the good of everybody we need to DE-CENTRALISE.

..that means energy systems

transport systems

food production

monetary systems

housing systems

..the lot, really....it's too top heavy.

Edited by oracle

I'm not quite sure why everything doubles for a couple, but going on a single person

Renting for life at a cost of £300k seems to be considerably cheaper than buying, unless I am mistaken :lol:

That's what I thought...If you rent, say a 1 bed flat, wouldn't it be "cheaper" for a couple than for a single person?

Daily Mail maths:

Average first-time buyer borrows £121,000 and puts down a 20% deposit

Total cost of buying on 25 year repayment mortgage would be £121k

The only way that interest adds up is if the bank is charging a negative interest rate i.e. paying you to borrow their money

Why does anyone take the Daily Mail seriously? do they pay shills to post links on here every day to garner a few more page views?

Daily Mail maths:

The only way that interest adds up is if the bank is charging a negative interest rate i.e. paying you to borrow their money

Why does anyone take the Daily Mail seriously? do they pay shills to post links on here every day to garner a few more page views?

why would we do that?

we just take our money elsewhere and emigrate to somewhare that appreiates our skills.

If you can stay and home and save the deposit - it's not rocket science. Don't have children till you are on the property ladder!

I really despise this sort of attitude.

*You're children may be at risk of repossession unless you have taken out a 300k mortgage.

Edited by btl_hater

Daily Mail maths:

That was the first thing I noticed too! Even at currently super low rates, the mortgage replacement plus interest will cost 200k plus! and that's not even taking into account home maintenance costs!

Apart from the DM maths fail highlighted above, you gotta love some of the below the line trolling:

guzza, sussex, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago

Fortunately bought my own flat £38K with £6K hard saved deposit over 25years in 94 aged 26 & £9K salary. Sold June 11 for £123K just £10K o/s. Now 2nd stepper on £21K with £110K on 2 bed maisonette @ £165K. £67K base + 1.8% lifetime taker 444p.m Zoopla value £175K in less than 3yrs +6% profit. £56K to settle in 12 years. Mortgage free at 58. Really sympathise for the many "COUPLES" renting with hard earned money going in landlords pocket and bills to boot. Where are they supposed to get that £30Kdeposit from? Will they still be renting as pensioners? Unfortunately I think a large majority will :-(

This chump thinks that HPI has helped him potentially become mortgage free after only 32 years of mortgage paying. If the second step property he bought was a similar multiple to the original one he bought in '94 he'd have bought it for about £50k recently on a 1*salary mortgage.

Candy from a baby for banksters.

Apart from the DM maths fail highlighted above, you gotta love some of the below the line trolling:

This chump thinks that HPI has helped him potentially become mortgage free after only 32 years of mortgage paying. If the second step property he bought was a similar multiple to the original one he bought in '94 he'd have bought it for about £50k recently on a 1*salary mortgage.

Save your ammunition for those that deserve it. He does not claim that HPI is repaying the mortgage but rather that it is tough for anyone getting on the ladder now.

Being 'Mortgage free at 58' is hardly a massive achievement for someone who bought cheap in the 90's either! Even at today's silly prices a 30 year old would be mortgage free at 55, idiot.

If pensioners will be renting during retirement, then the demographics should dictate that they will have the voting power. Therefore, we will have security of tenure for them, and maybe everyone else. Not so bad after all.