House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Pen15 Cancer Soars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2562053/The-rise-*****-cancer-Cases-soar-20-amidst-fears-symptoms-diagnosed-STDs.html

The rise of ***** cancer: Cases soar by 20% amidst fears that symptoms are being misdiagnosed as STDs

Number of men diagnosed with disease has risen dramatically in 30 years

May be due to changes in sexual behaviour, greater exposure to the human papilloma virus and decreasing rates of childhood circumcision

Men who smoke are also more likely to get penile cancer

He was eventually diagnosed with penile cancer in 2011, aged 58, and last year underwent a partial penectomy (partial removal of the pen15). He is currently considering reconstructive surgery.

Thanks to the swear filter you'll have to type in the word pen15 to find out if cancer rates are soaring or not.

The obvious question is "how common is this condition"?

A 30% increase in something that affects one person in 5,000,000 is nothing to worry about, a 30% increase in something that affects one person in 10 clearly is.

My guess is that this is an extremely rare condition.

"Penile cancer is a rare cancer in developed nations with annual incidence varying from 0.3 to 1 per 100,000 per year accounting for around 0.4–0.6% of all malignancies.[1] The annual incidence is approximately 1 in 100,000 men in the United States,[2] 1 in 250,000 in Australia,[3] and 0.82 per 100,000 in Denmark.[4] In the United Kingdom, fewer than 500 men are diagnosed with penile cancer every year.[5][6]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_cancer#/search

Is lopping of your nob the only treatment available...?

Think I'd ask for chemo me like.

A few high-power doses of that shit in me bell-end should have Mrs XYY sporting a post-coital glow that would rival the cast of those 70's 'Ready-Brek' ads...

article-2138817-12E6A94C000005DC-810_468x330.jpg

XYY

To the best of my knowledge, my peni5 has never smoked.

Mine neither.

It has occasionally smelled of kippers though...

XYY

As luck would have it, waiting in the wings, there's a vaccine for that

Time: Gardasil Protects Boys and Men From HPV Too

A new trial finds that the Gardasil vaccine protects men against human papillomavirus (HPV) as effectively as it does women. The question is: is widespread vaccination necessary?...

To the best of my knowledge, my peni5 has never smoked.

It is the route through which some of the toxic chemicals ingested through smoking exit your body, though.

My guess is that the key to what has been identified here is "developed nations". My wife is a gynaecologist and although she is therefore not an expert in urology herself, she's read more about it than many. She is convinced that the increasing pro-circumcision propaganda (including in this Daily Wail story - that uncircmcised men are less likely to get willy cancer) is essentially an anachronism. Circumcision was initially promoted as a public health measure (in the US at any rate - less so in Europe) back in the c19, when the average male had a bath or shower once or twice a month and was unlikely to put on clean underwear more than once or twice a week. Therefore, infectious material accumulating under the foreskin was a significant risk. Likewise, research in the last decade or so which suggests that circumcision reduces the likelihood of HIV infection in Africa (but not to anything like the same extent in the developed world) is probably illustrating the same problem.

The bottom line is that the basic, underlying issue is hygiene. Most of what goes in through your mouth that your body cannot use to sustain itself and needs to be got rid of because it would otherwise poison you is expelled through one of two routes. If those orifices are not kept clean, potentially dangerous matter will accumulate in their vicinity. It would be interesting to know what proportion of those diagnosed with willy (and rectal, for that matter) cancer have a bath or shower less than daily. I'd speculate that there would be a postive correlation.

Went to **** doctor years ago about irritation under my boabskin.

Basically told you shouldn't wash with soap under there due to chemicals in soap etc.

One of the few common sense bits of advice i have ever received from a doctor. Followed ever since and no issues. And very fresh and clean too. :D

It is the route through which some of the toxic chemicals ingested through smoking exit your body, though.

My guess is that the key to what has been identified here is "developed nations". My wife is a gynaecologist and although she is therefore not an expert in urology herself, she's read more about it than many. She is convinced that the increasing pro-circumcision propaganda (including in this Daily Wail story - that uncircmcised men are less likely to get willy cancer) is essentially an anachronism. Circumcision was initially promoted as a public health measure (in the US at any rate - less so in Europe) back in the c19, when the average male had a bath or shower once or twice a month and was unlikely to put on clean underwear more than once or twice a week. Therefore, infectious material accumulating under the foreskin was a significant risk. Likewise, research in the last decade or so which suggests that circumcision reduces the likelihood of HIV infection in Africa (but not to anything like the same extent in the developed world) is probably illustrating the same problem.

The bottom line is that the basic, underlying issue is hygiene. Most of what goes in through your mouth that your body cannot use to sustain itself and needs to be got rid of because it would otherwise poison you is expelled through one of two routes. If those orifices are not kept clean, potentially dangerous matter will accumulate in their vicinity. It would be interesting to know what proportion of those diagnosed with willy (and rectal, for that matter) cancer have a bath or shower less than daily. I'd speculate that there would be a postive correlation.

You wash your rectum?

Basically told you shouldn't wash with soap under there due to chemicals in soap etc.

One of the few common sense bits of advice i have ever received from a doctor. Followed ever since and no issues. And very fresh and clean too. :D

I just dunk mine in a tub of Swarfega.

if you warm up the Swarfega first, it's quite pleasant.

You wash your rectum?

Can't imagine anyone else volunteering for it! :lol:

Soap can be very alkaline, which I why I do not use oven cleaner on mine! Scented soap contains many irritants, much worse than me! :blink:

:D

Well if you are a wee bit squeamish - eating your breakfast whilst reading about pen15 cancer probably isn't a wise decision ;)