I Think This House Is Worthy Of It`s Own Thread

longgone

HOLA441
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

i think that`s more than a years profit to most people 300k ?

What I meant was even if he had overspent on the refurb taking his total costs north of £400k and then accepted an offer of £500k to sell it quickly, he STILL would have made more than most do in a year. As it is, he stands to make much more if he can shift it.

Edited by worried1

HOLA443
HOLA444

tolworth is overflow for surbition

feltham well is just a s*hithole :lol:

Everywhere in London is overflow for somewhere nicer.

These c*nts are convinced they live in Richmond, er, sorry Whitton.

Even though they live just off Hounslow high street and have a Hounslow address.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/postcode-war-as-hounslow-residents-fight-for-richmond-address-9095158.html

Now Whitton isn't terribly wonderful, but it's better than Hounslow, even if you,er, live in Hounslow, it's still better to live in Whitton.

This place is a load of old toss with a crappy train line and a horrible traffic problem:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44222099.html?premiumA=true

but it's in Hampton

Same house a couple of miles north in Hounslow, less than half the price:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37094761.html

HOLA445

:lol:

i wonder why all the houses opposite had the bay window removed

That row of houses opposite appear to have been a row of shops with flats above. The shop units look to have been converted into flats if you count the doors.

As for the house, I think it looks lovely other than the tiny lounge (in comparison to the kitchen/diner). Asking another £345k on top of the pre-renovations asking price is taking the p*ss though.

This house won't qualify for an HTB loan unless a buyer can get £50k off the asking price.

HOLA446

That row of houses opposite appear to have been a row of shops with flats above. The shop units look to have been converted into flats if you count the doors.

As for the house, I think it looks lovely other than the tiny lounge (in comparison to the kitchen/diner). Asking another £345k on top of the pre-renovations asking price is taking the p*ss though.

This house won't qualify for an HTB loan unless a buyer can get £50k off the asking price.

only 50k

HOLA447

Whilst I'm partial to a bit of diy and would never choose one myself I know lots of people would much rather move into one of these freshly modernised properties. Not to mention the fact that lots of buyers don't have the cash required to do work themselves, and places like this allow them to put all the cost on a mortgage.

I think they do a pretty good job in modernising or sad old housing stock too, albeit blandly.

Flipping houses and expecting to be paid for doing nothing is one thing but a builder modernising a place is adding value so deserves to be paid for it.

I know, people 'want it all now', 'move in condition' etc. and that's fine if its done properly and for a fair profit/markup

Trouble is, let's say a Victorian property renovated badly by a flipper, they cover up a lot of problems with the fabric of the building, new floors and maybe re-plaster some of the walls, all looks very nice, slap a massive price increase on it, someone purchases it and moves in, three months down the line the newly plastered walls are damp and the plaster has 'blown' because they used the wrong type of plaster.... they want to change the laminate flooring and find rot under there.... what comeback do they have with the seller/builder?

Building surveys are good insurance but they can't inspect what's been covered up or hidden. At least if you do the work yourself, over time with saving up and some DIY input, you can do it right (and if you get it wrong you can't blame anybody else!)

HOLA448

Everywhere in London is overflow for somewhere nicer.

Yep, you could map Tolworth right the way back to prime central London. It is overflow for Surbiton which is overflow for Kingston, then up to Richmond, Chiswick, Kensington/Chelsea.

Apart from Tolworth, each of these areas has pockets that are better than most parts of the areas one or two up the 'chain', but the average price is always cheaper.

I still can't find an excuse for a £600k+ terrace in Tolworth, though.

HOLA449

They were indeed shops, as recently as 5 years ago which is the last time I was down that way.

Make no mistake about it, that area was just awful then, not in the same way that you might find in Hackney, it just had that dishevelled slighty feral atmosphere that a lot of rough parts of suburbs do.

£650k....

HOLA4410

I know, people 'want it all now', 'move in condition' etc. and that's fine if its done properly and for a fair profit/markup

Trouble is, let's say a Victorian property renovated badly by a flipper, they cover up a lot of problems with the fabric of the building, new floors and maybe re-plaster some of the walls, all looks very nice, slap a massive price increase on it, someone purchases it and moves in, three months down the line the newly plastered walls are damp and the plaster has 'blown' because they used the wrong type of plaster.... they want to change the laminate flooring and find rot under there.... what comeback do they have with the seller/builder?

Building surveys are good insurance but they can't inspect what's been covered up or hidden. At least if you do the work yourself, over time with saving up and some DIY input, you can do it right (and if you get it wrong you can't blame anybody else!)

very true , hence why i would never buy a house like that .

rotten and decaying is the way i like them :lol:

all these poor condition properties are not even being marketed , i have not seen any come up for sale for at least 6 months

straight to developers.

Edited by longgone

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I know there is a tendency to overconsume housing, but ye gods! Man, it would be depressing to come back from work to something as ugly as this. The inside is better, than the outside but you would see the outside every time you drive up to the house.

I quite like those bungalows when they've been modernised and had the back opened up. Definitely preferable to a 80s onwards Barratt style new build.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417