House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Pressures Mounting On Brown

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/26112005/17/pressu...ting-brown.html

OFFICIAL figures yesterday confirmed the UK economy suffered its fifth consecutive quarter of below-trend growth in the three months to October, heaping further pressure on the Chancellor, Gordon Brown, ahead of his pre-budget report on 5 December.

And......

But the prospect of lower rates, at least in the short term, receded yesterday when Governor Mervyn King warned that the next move for rates could be upwards.

Faltering economy + higher interest rates = HPC :D

heaping further pressure on the Chancellor, Gordon Brown

I think the media have already decided that they do not want GB as the next Prime Minister. He won't be able to stem the tide of criticism for three years.

Between now and the next election they are going to erode his support and undermine his credentials. I'm fully expecting the next Government to be Conservative regardless of which twit they choose as leader.

I would put a bet on it, but I can't be bothered to wait three years to get hold of my winnings :D

Xil.