House Price Crash Forum

How Long Till It All Collapses ?

HOLA441

Looks to me like the return to normal/rush to sell at insane prices has started.

There will be winners and losers for sure but one thing I think is clear, there is going to be an almighty collapse in the UK this year.

I predict we wont get to past Sept before the housing market has died a death in the UK.

I'm currently trying to sort out a job abroad, I for one have no desire to stay here now.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Can't see it being allowed before the next election.

I called the top with that thread about the £950k chalet in north London, anybody buying that will be pretty sick if they're left holding it when the music stops, there is absolutely nowhere for that to go except down.

However whilst our interest rates will be dragged up in the wake of US rates, so collapsing UK house prices, rate rises will be zero / minimal this side of the election for political reasons so it has a temporary reprieve. IMO.

HOLA445

I'm sure Gordon Brown thought the same thing.

They one thing TPTB have under estimated is peoples willingness to fall for this stupidity twice in a decade.

On funding circle/zopa it's getting increasingly difficult to actually lend money.

They government were by standers when the collapse came the last time and this time, it will be worse.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm sure Gordon Brown thought the same thing.

They one thing TPTB have under estimated is peoples willingness to fall for this stupidity twice in a decade.

On funding circle/zopa it's getting increasingly difficult to actually lend money.

They government were by standers when the collapse came the last time and this time, it will be worse.

I just can't see it. I sat out the whole property debacle for the last 9 years but am buying a place in Suffolk now. it is not ridiculously expensive and to be honest I just cannot face renting any longer.

I can see you have written over 10,000 posts - perhaps you are just not seeing things how they are, like many on this forum.

HOLA448

I just can't see it. I sat out the whole property debacle for the last 9 years but am buying a place in Suffolk now. it is not ridiculously expensive and to be honest I just cannot face renting any longer.

I can see you have written over 10,000 posts - perhaps you are just not seeing things how they are, like many on this forum.

Nice one, you fill your boots.

I can't face buying the same house for double what it costs to rent. Asking prices now official at highest ever level...but wages are down...cost of living is up...government is supporting the bottom of the pyramid with our futures...buying a house now after waiting 9 years is a bit like...making it up cause you're an estate agent and want to spread fear and confusion.

I've done well out of property and well out of no property...what I want is a future for my children.

If you buy now you're support for the bankers/bubble/pyramid and you are part of the problem. Either stand by your convictions or go back to your rather quiet estate agency and prepare to loose your job. rolleyes.gif

Is someone hacking into accounts that were used circa 2007 so they can "TALK UP THE MARKET", there has been no end of people from back then, re-emerging recently with some real nuggets!

HOLA449

In Suffolk you wont be too much out of pocket from the 2005 price?

One reason I cant see a correction for a while is that places like Suffolk have only just started moving. It would be surprising if the market dies after just awakening after nine years of slumber.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4410

I can't face buying the same house for double what it costs to rent. Asking prices now official at highest ever level...but wages are down...cost of living is up...government is supporting the bottom of the pyramid with our futures...buying a house now after waiting 9 years is a bit like...making it up cause you're an estate agent and want to spread fear and confusion.

I've done well out of property and well out of no property...what I want is a future for my children.

If you buy now you're support for the bankers/bubble/pyramid and you are part of the problem. Either stand by your convictions or go back to your rather quiet estate agency and prepare to loose your job. rolleyes.gif

I think sentiment is changing - people like their high house prices but they love their kids and grandkids more. Even Boris Johnson said last week he was worried his kids wouldn't be able to afford a home in London.

Perhaps Osborne has miscalculated - but then does he care anyway?

HOLA4411

I don't take housing as a purely financial matter. I see it as a quality of life issue, which interacts/overlaps with my finances, but is not the same thing.

Sure renting is mostly pretty crappy. So is buying an overpriced slavebox. I am no longer bitter (sure the system sucks) I just make the best of what I have and be grateful for it.

HOLA4412

I think sentiment is changing - people like their high house prices but they love their kids and grandkids more. Even Boris Johnson said last week he was worried his kids wouldn't be able to afford a home in London.

Don't believe it, laughing all the way to the bank and to the poll booth to cross Tory...............

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ianmcowie/100021343/how-to-turn-high-house-prices-into-cash-you-can-spend/

HOLA4413

I'd prefer to take my real taxation, real income, real savings and real job and move somewhere that can offer a future to my real family.

What happens to the UK ponzi when the brightest of the next generation realise their own way to a decent life is to leave...this country is digging the biggest hole for itself that it possibly can.

HOLA4414

Yes, he has miscalculated and he'll care when he sees how many votes they've lost to UKIP!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Good for you. Be happy.

Had my life remained in the hands of a private rentier, I'd have bought by now or moved abroad (or bought a boat/portakabin/camper van).

Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA4417

Yes, he has miscalculated and he'll care when he sees how many votes they've lost to UKIP!

Yes - and he loses and gets a nice job at JP Morgan with Blair or Carney sorts him out at Goldmans.

He really doesn't care - he is loaded thanks to mummy and daddy and he could just live off the rental income from his taxpayer funded Notting Hill house even if he had no job.

I am a natural Tory - but I loathe him and Cameron. Never struggled for anything - and just don't get it!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Sure renting is mostly pretty crappy. So is buying an overpriced slavebox. I am no longer bitter (sure the system sucks) I just make the best of what I have and be grateful for it.

I've had a great experience renting. Lovely house, lovely village, fraction of the cost of buying. landlord has been great, letting agents are ok. No up-keep, no worries, it's been win win win win for us.

I've owner 4 or 5 houses and I can safely say renting has been a pleasure compared to that.

This whole thing is no longer about housing, it's about the future of the country, jobs, wages, incomes, pensions etc.

Since 2007 and the subsequent bitch-ification of the government by the bankers owning a house in the UK is a BAD thing, planning on your children growing up here is a BAD thing.

I voted tory at the last election because they promised to sort them mess out....they are now making a bigger mess than even gordon brown could have done. I am now ashamed to have voted for them...we should all have gone for labour and let them face the music for the mess they created.

Here are the tory election promises:

http://www.newstates...g-wipe-internet

"We have absolutely no plans to raise VAT"

" Cameron on child benefit: "I wouldn't means-test it"

"Osborne on bank bonuses: "totally unacceptable"

http://www.telegraph...costs-68bn.html

"victims of Gordon Brown's recession" by putting "a culture of saving at the heart of our economy"?

"He promised to turn Britain from a "spend, spend, spend society" into a "save, save, save society". "

http://haywoodscampa...es-in-2011.html

"Broken promise #09 Scrapping tuition fees"

"Broken promise #10 No bonuses for bank directors Cameron promised no bonuses over £2000 for Bankers Look how he lied and broke that promise. Check what he said on"

"Broken promise #12 Three more army battalions"

"Broken promise #21 Cutting rail fares each year"

"Broken Promise # 38 Immigration. David Cameron's "no ifs no buts" promise to reduce immigration to tens of thousands lays in tatters. It has been revealed that immigration as risen by 21% over the past year. When Cameron decided to use immigrants as an election weapon he was warned that his pledge was just lies, now we all know this, perhaps he will lay off using immigrants as political footballs. The number of people coming to the UK for more than a year, less the number leaving, hit 239,000, the second highest annual figure on record and the fourth highest figure for any 12-month period since records began."

What we seem to have here is....a bunch of lies in order to get what they want. I wouldnt put it past them to be lying about the housing market and interest rates laugh.gif

http://www.dailymail...ion-pledge.html

"Thousands more bureaucrats have been recruited by the Coalition in spite of David Cameron's pledge to hold a 'bonfire of the quangos'.

"

Lest we forget !!!

Would you buy a government subsidised (for banker bailout / builder profit ) house from these people ? Not me. I wouldn't trust Dave the estate agent Cameron any more than I would trust....errrr.....an estate agent. The above post if testament to his B.S.

By the number of people viewing this post it's clear that a lot more people than normal are worried about this crazyness and are looking for answers.

HOLA4420

Is someone hacking into accounts that were used circa 2007 so they can "TALK UP THE MARKET", there has been no end of people from back then, re-emerging recently with some real nuggets!

A significant change of sentiment on this site - if it's real - is likely to be a sign that a turn is near.

When the last bear turns bull.....

Personally I've given up trying to predict when it will all kick off. Could be next week, could be 20 years. The government are certainly trying to enter the election with flattering economic figures so they'll pull out all the stops to keep the plates spinning up until then. It's anybody's guess whether they'll pull that off, the only thing we can know for sure is that even if they do pull it off they'll store up all sorts of problems for the future (as is now the standard political MO for all parties).

HOLA4421

I voted tory at the last election because they promised to sort them mess out....they are now making a bigger mess than even gordon brown could have done. I am now ashamed to have voted for them...we should all have gone for labour and let them face the music for the mess they created.

I voted Lib Dem, the red glow of embarrassment has been great for my heating bills over the past few years.

The worst part about the Tories to me is the way that they've inflicted the pain without much in the way of gain.

HOLA4422

A significant change of sentiment on this site - if it's real - is likely to be a sign that a turn is near.

When the last bear turns bull.....

Personally I've given up trying to predict when it will all kick off. Could be next week, could be 20 years. The government are certainly trying to enter the election with flattering economic figures so they'll pull out all the stops to keep the plates spinning up until then. It's anybody's guess whether they'll pull that off, the only thing we can know for sure is that even if they do pull it off they'll store up all sorts of problems for the future (as is now the standard political MO for all parties).

Have you not seen the asking price fiasco that is the 2014 UK property market ?

This baby aint going to make the year out without some significant drop is salves volumes or prices.

The big question is will they just simple steal the savers money and give it to their banker friends ? blink.gif

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I called the top with that thread about the £950k chalet in north London, anybody buying that will be pretty sick if they're left holding it when the music stops, there is absolutely nowhere for that to go except down.

However whilst our interest rates will be dragged up in the wake of US rates, so collapsing UK house prices, rate rises will be zero / minimal this side of the election for political reasons so it has a temporary reprieve. IMO.

The escalating spat, plus better polling for the Yes vote due to the posturing of those who think they are Lord and Master, over independence for Scotland should put some upward pressure on bond rates?