House Price Crash Forum

I Like To Keep A Little Cash At Home Myself...

LC1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I read elsewhere that the article is a mashup of several different busts. Even so, that's a lot of cash. I guess HSBC don't have any branches out there.

That would make for an interesting conversation at the till.

"And what do you need the $22b for exactly sir?"

HOLA447

Showed that pic to my daughter. She's now putting drug baron as her number one career choice. "You always said I should be entrepreneurial". She's worryingly attracted to the bling armoury. I thought she wanted to be a vet.

HOLA448

If the political process is captured by ultra rich drug lords, why would they allow their cash to be devalued....unless it is just a small portion of their overall assets that is.

Doesn't surprise me, the money, bling and other possessions in the story. Wealth doesn't want its cash devalued. I suspect financial assets (including MP's pensions and buying power thereof) will, when the choice comes, be chosen above asset values.

(1992)The drug lords are the wealthiest people on the planet. The Economist estimates profits from the cocaine trade alone in the United States at ninety-five billion dollars annually. This is considerably more than the total economy of Saudi Arabia, with all its oil wealth. It is greater than the military budget of West Germany, France or Great Britain. Ninety-five billion dollars is only marginally less than the nominal spending of the Soviet Union. It is far greater than the combined expenditures on law enforcement by all levels of government in the United States.

The drug cartels are not rinky-dinky, back-alley criminals. They are financial superpowers, endowed with all the worst possible traits for attacking the foundations of social order. They are unscrupulous. Violent. Adept at clandestine organization. And richer than governments.

HOLA449

Showed that pic to my daughter. She's now putting drug baron as her number one career choice. "You always said I should be entrepreneurial". She's worryingly attracted to the bling armoury. I thought she wanted to be a vet.

A short life but a happy one. You can see how it draws in inner-city kids - work at minimum wage for a bare if legal existence or have cash, cars, women and holidays aplenty until you get shot by another upcoming dealer.

HOLA4410

Given the incredible sums vets charge, she's made the right career choice to buy the bling.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

A short life but a happy one. You can see how it draws in inner-city kids - work at minimum wage for a bare if legal existence or have cash, cars, women and holidays aplenty until you get shot by another upcoming dealer.

Oh you are just talking about Cornwall! Bristol is far more easy going! :blink:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I was surprised by how small the 22 billion pile was? That was the bed sized (~) big pile wasn't it?

A quick Google suggests that that is no where near a 22 billion. Probably not even a single billion.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived