House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Anders Breivik Demands Better Video Games And Threatens Hunger Strike Over Jail 'hell'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/anders-breivik-demands-better-video-games-and-threatens-hunger-strike-over-jail-hell-9130592.html

Anders Breivik, the Norwegian mass murderer has reportedly demanded better video games to play in jail and has threatened to go on hunger strike if authorities refuse.

In a letter, Breivik described the prison where is being held as “hell” and made a list of 12 demands to improve the “torture-like” conditions he claimed he is being forced to live in.

His requests included a computer to replace his “worthless” typewriter, updating his Playstation 2 console to a Playstation 3 and providing him with access to “more adult games” that he himself would select, Agence France Presse has reported.

He also requested a sofa to replace the “painful” chair in his cell and that his weekly allowance be doubled to £60.

"You've put me in hell ... and I won't manage to survive that long. You are killing me," he wrote in a letter to prison authorities In November. "If I die, all of Europe's right-wing extremists will know exactly who it was that tortured me to death. That could have consequences for certain individuals in the short term but also when Norway is once again ruled by a fascist regime in 13 to 40 years from now."

How terrible for him. Let him go on hunger strike.

well lets hope the fascist regime is closer to 40 years away than it is to 13.

with a lot of the politics going on with the EU(and so defacto HERE in 70% of the laws made) at the moment,frankly I am not optimistic.

It all went wrong when prisons changed from beingsomewhere you were held until you were physically punished into the punishment itself.

If your life of freedom comprises sitting in your room playing video games then where's the punishment in doing that in a state-supplied room?

Freedom? Eating when you're told, washing and toileting when you're told. Locked up 23 hours in 24? I'd rather be dead.

Sounds like a full time job. Cheaper for the company to let you go home to sleep and wash.

I'd rather bring back corporal and capital punishment. These sanctions are not so 'cruel and unusual' as locking criminals up, expecting them to rehabilitate themselves then charging the taxpayer a fortune to do it.

Freedom? Eating when you're told, washing and toileting when you're told. Locked up 23 hours in 24? I'd rather be dead.

Brevik spent about two years sat in his room playing online games, I know of blokes who do the same with their free time. This lifestyle was staunchly defended on here last time I had a go about it but to me it looks like voluntarily being in an open prison.

I'd rather bring back corporal and capital punishment. These sanctions are not so 'cruel and unusual' as locking criminals up, expecting them to rehabilitate themselves then charging the taxpayer a fortune to do it.

Capital punishment might have worked if only we hadn't insisted on hanging the wrong person every so often.

It's really got to the point where it's going to be difficult to retain an expectation that inmates can be successfully rehabilitated if they're deprived of reasonably unfettered internet access.

If someone comes out from a ten year stretch, without internet access, it's hardly a surprise when they can't seamlessly re-integrate into modern society.

It's really got to the point where it's going to be difficult to retain an expectation that inmates can be successfully rehabilitated if they're deprived of reasonably unfettered internet access.

If someone comes out from a ten year stretch, without internet access, it's hardly a surprise when they can't seamlessly re-integrate into modern society.

You are seeming to suggest that this worthless piece of excrement be allowed access to the WWW.

Please tell us this is not so.

You are seeming to suggest that this worthless piece of excrement be allowed access to the WWW.

Please tell us this is not so.

If you're going to maintain the charade he can ever be released, then yes. What he got up to online would probably be the best indication he was/wasn't a danger to society, in any case.

Capital punishment might have worked if only we hadn't insisted on hanging the wrong person every so often.

One sacrificed for the needs of the many. OK till you personalise it, I guess. And with today's untrustworthy police force and politicians, it certainly wouldn't work. :(

after a real life shootemup, he really needs a top of the range piece of kit...Super Mario just isnt real enough.

You strangely overestimate the www. IMO it's becoming increasingly useless. Until all the out of date garbage is cleaned out, it's only going to get worse. Researching is becoming increasingly difficult.

Regarding the death penalty, I remember having this debate here before. I put forward the idea that in the case of serial killers a miscarriage of justice was highly unlikely. I think some savvy posters then found some rare cases to prove me wrong. But in any case, with so many witnesses, so much evidence and so many victims.... what purpose does it serve to keep this obviously guilty & dangerous lunatic alive?

You strangely overestimate the www. IMO it's becoming increasingly useless. Until all the out of date garbage is cleaned out, it's only going to get worse. Researching is becoming increasingly difficult.

Regarding the death penalty, I remember having this debate here before. I put forward the idea that in the case of serial killers a miscarriage of justice was highly unlikely. I think some savvy posters then found some rare cases to prove me wrong. But in any case, with so many witnesses, so much evidence and so many victims.... what purpose does it serve to keep this obviously guilty & dangerous lunatic alive?

Blair?

How terrible for him. Let him go on hunger strike.

Quite. I don't like the thought of capital punishment for a whole load of reasons, but really, why pander to the childish demands of a mass murderer? If he feels that strongly about it, let him go hungry. Attention seeking at its worst, imo.

Quite. I don't like the thought of capital punishment for a whole load of reasons, but really, why pander to the childish demands of a mass murderer? If he feels that strongly about it, let him go hungry. Attention seeking at its worst, imo.

Perfectly rational. His act, in common with other terrorist atrocities, was all about attention seeking.

As for "at its worst", that rather depends on whether you support his cause. Most of us (myself included) would have more sympathy for some than for others. A scale from Mandela at one end to Breivik at the other - to take just two examples.

Such sympathies are also irrational. The UK gave shelter to Berezovsky (a billionaire who openly supported terrorism against his own country), yet took part in bombing Afghanistan for supposedly doing much the same. I could go on at length, but that would be to veer further off-topic.