House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Mathematics: Why The Brain Sees Maths As Beauty

He has absent mindedly drawn a pair of tits on the board! :huh:

The guy in the picture is the theoretical physicist Paul Dirac, who was famously taciturn, he used to walk out of the room if people insisted in trying to talk to him..

When he did speak to Heisenberg to profess his atheism, Heisenberg said "in summary there is no god and Dirac is his prophet"

The guy in the picture is the theoretical physicist Paul Dirac, who was famously taciturn, he used to walk out of the room if people insisted in trying to talk to him..

When he did speak to Heisenberg to profess his atheism, Heisenberg said "in summary there is no god and Dirac is his prophet"

Mr Dirac was an OK Mathematician! We still like the Dirac delta function, and it's uses. If I was that good at art I would draw tits too! ;)

Every bloke likes tits! I am taciturn now! I have said enough!

:o

I dread to think what he would do with it.

I shall smoke it in a car full of children! Is it still OK if I give the kids one each, and the car is a convertible, with the lid off? :blink:

Now is a convertible a car, or open space! The jury shall decide, and lawyers will collect their fees! ;)

He doesn't do anything for me. But I am picky....

PMSL :)

I suppose it appeals to our pattern-matching systems (the maths)

Particularly beautiful if it's the right answer.

And a lot nicer to look at than the Mona Lisa (still talking about the maths) - I'd rather have a formula on the wall than that.

But then I think of films where nut-jobs are incarcerated and start writing formulae on walls.

Or perhaps that's just The X-Files.

I believe he then tried to sell Dirac some crystal meth.

Euler's identity is pretty sexy, no one can deny that.

Oddly, my favourite equivalence! I believe I have mentioned this before! :huh:

Well I saw tits! :blink: Now I realise they were Argand diagrams of the Complex plane! ;)

e_to_the_pi_times_i.png

I'll bet that's you and your "Imaginary Uncle" in that photograph! :huh: