House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

More Pics Of Russians Just Hanging Around....

No wonder their population is shrinking. This, car accidents, emigration, alcohol poisoning, and, if putin is to be believed, an epidemic of sperm being wasted in homosexual orgies instead of being used to produce the next generation of ruskies...

No way any of that is for real I`m afraid.

fotevshopski

Way too cynical.

The poses are actually quite tame compared to what top climbers get up to.

Have a look at this:

http://www.wimp.com/handssweat/

The youngsters in the photos have the advantage of youth. they don't really believe anything bad will happen to them and, somewhat paradoxically, the confidence that gives them tends to make their belief self-fulfilling.

I did some solo climbing when I was younger (nowhere even remotely near to the standards in the video - I wasn't much good) but didn't come to harm.

Recalling it now makes my toes curl - I'm aware of my mortality now.

The chap hanging from the blue beam - surely just getting into that position would mean his body swinging to such a degree that the tiny grip of his fingers would fail. Mass and gravity and all that.

Also, how can he now swing his free arm to reach the beam without his hand on the beam letting go? The strength in his fingers alone must be incredible.

Part of me is curious to know if I could actually do this if I slowly built up to it. But some of the pictures you are left thinking WTF.

Wow, these guys are amazing.

Looks difficult, but I think if you started out fixing red-eye, steadily learned a bit about filters and layers,

you'd soon work your way-up to their level.

On the first clip on the first video the metal bar he's hanging from doesn't look very strong... :o

In the second photo at the top of the thread the guy appears to be holding on to two bars - if one gave waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

I am sceptical about this 'craze', some of the pics are surely fake.

Given how obviously dangerous these antics are, where are all the reports of people killing themselves?

I get vertigo just looking at some of the pictures, and I have done 2 parachute jumps!

I am sceptical about this 'craze', some of the pics are surely fake.

Given how obviously dangerous these antics are, where are all the reports of people killing themselves?

I get vertigo just looking at some of the pictures, and I have done 2 parachute jumps!

There was a C4 documentary on this a few weeks back, its very much real, there maybe fake pics around, but nothing so extreme that you can't find a video of.

There doesn't seem to be many fatalities in free climbing, they are probably not right in the head but at the same time, they have alot of skill in climbing, balance, strength and coordination etc. that keeps them alive, born to do it maybe you could say. If the average Joe tried this they would plunge to their death pretty quickly.

And from America, we have the amazing video of a young person raising the remote UNAIDED, followed by Power lifting their Butt out of the sofa, whilst calling out AT THE SAME TIME to mom that he is going to pick up some burgers for a snack, then, to our amazement, getting through the front door by breathing in, then (wait, theres more)..walking to the car.......

See the vids on YouTube. Not so easy to fake.

Exactly. There's tons of them. I suspect faulty genes that result in a lack of inhibitions, or height perception, or something! Even attractive young women are at it, so it's not your typical young-boys-proving-their-manhood stuff.

Its not that big a deal. Not everyone is scared of heights. Personally I'm petrified, just watching those videos makes me feel sick, but it just doesn't register with some people.

Native Indians are notoriously fearless when it comes to heights, its why so many found work building skyscrapers.