House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EnuffZNuff

Greens Calls For Clear-Out Of 'climate Change Deniers'

Ive thought about these types before.

That other milibrat d-bag supposedly quit being on the board of some football club because 'fascist' di canio was manager there (not because he was on the charity-corp gravy train in NYC, nope!)

Who gives a toss about di canios politics? He's not running for PM.

Would have mili-brat also have forbidden the indespensible, unreplicable services of werner von braun to NASA and rocketry, on the basis he was an (actual) nazi too?

I dont care if your'e far left or far right. If you can seperate those views from your work whats the problem?

Reminds me of the 'BNP ballerina' witch-hunt a few years back. No one complained of her conduct, but when the BNP membership list was leaked, it was like the sky was falling.

...and they still have the tenacity to tell us its the BNP who are nazis, not liblabcon.

That other milibrat d-bag supposedly quit being on the board of some football club because 'fascist' di canio was manager there (not because he was on the charity-corp gravy train in NYC, nope!)

Would have mili-brat also have forbidden the indespensible, unreplicable services of werner von braun to NASA and rocketry, on the basis he was an (actual) nazi too?

I dont care if your'e far left or far right. If you can seperate those views from your work whats the problem?

Reminds me of the 'BNP ballerina' witch-hunt a few years back. No one complained of her conduct, but when the BNP membership list was leaked, it was like the sky was falling.

...and they still have the tenacity to tell us its the BNP who are nazis, not liblabcon.

Yes, it's the good old soft left liberal consensus that prevades so many public institutions: you can have any view you like as long as we approve of it.

There's a soul sickness about this mob that is unhealthy and panders to the public's most reactionary instincts.

They have managed to engineer a situation whereby an astonishing 50% of the public put the recent floods down to climate change, when the scientific consensus was no such thing.

What good does that do a mature democracy?

There's a soul sickness about this mob that is unhealthy and panders to the public's most reactionary instincts.

Which mob? The Green mob, the Red mob, the Yellow mob or the Blue mob? I'm seeing that all parties are equally capable of the above.

Patterson certainly seems to be less forthright or certain than previous Environment Ministers (including Tory ones like Howard, Spelman, Gummer, Patten and Heseltine). But I'm not sure he's actually said anything scientifically incorrect. Equally, I'm not sure he's quite read the mood of the people either.

I would hope that advisors would be selected on their expertise, not vested interests, dogma or other dubious reasons. I suspect that's too much to hope for though.

They have managed to engineer a situation whereby an astonishing 50% of the public put the recent floods down to climate change, when the scientific consensus was no such thing.

What good does that do a mature democracy?

Most interesting how the hallowed BBC, blamed everything on "Global Warming" and when this was debunked, it became "Climate Change".

Insofar as the recent floods are concerned, I found this rather fascinating!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/02/15/flood-fight-at-the-met-office/

Interesting article (also in journal of nature). Pine forests emit large amounts of VOC's which have a cooling effect. This maybe relevant to the observed cooling after the Medieval warm period. The Black death wiped out almost half of Eurasia's population and resulted in widespread reforestation. A second period of reforestation occurred in the Americas as Old world diseases wiped out large numbers of native Americans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-26340038

No mention of tax scams, Al Gore, mulched up dinosaurs. global warming on Mars, solar cycles etc to excit the sceptics in the HPC crowd <_<

Look, climate change is a reality, and there is a link to human activity.

However, this nutter brings climate science and environmentalism into disrepute because the attitude is pure Stalinism. Accept the Party line or be taken out and shot! :angry:

A sure fire way to win people over.

Look, climate change is a reality, and there is a link to human activity.

And, to the minor extent that human activity might affect the climate, it's merely a scientific curiosity.

If you actually care about the actual environment, rather than some absurdly biased computer models, there are far more important issues to be concerned about. But that doesn't allow Statists to demand control over the global economy, and their corporate cronies to make a ton of money from subsidies and CO2 Indulgences.

And, to the minor extent that human activity might affect the climate, it's merely a scientific curiosity.

If you actually care about the actual environment, rather than some absurdly biased computer models, there are far more important issues to be concerned about. But that doesn't allow Statists to demand control over the global economy, and their corporate cronies to make a ton of money from subsidies and CO2 Indulgences.

I thought I was agreeing with you.

My viewpoint is not based on computer models, which look to the future, but on the past, as you would expect from my geological training.

But trying to ban contrarian viewpoints is not only morally wrong, it is self-defeating. Science works best when questions are allowed, otherwise it's just religion.

well I think anybody who seeks to IMPOSE their worldview without consent of the general public could probably be considered as "nazi"

(or commie for that matter......if you look at the way hitler and stalin spoke of the leadership caste versus the little people-in all honesty very similar rhetoric coming out of the EU commission these days)...then these people need to be removed from the levers of power pretty smartly before they do everybody serious harm.

that consent needs to be gained through proper debate, not he shouting loudest winning.

....remember in days gone by it was the likes of galileo etc that challenged the priestly orthodoxy,got demonised by them ,and eventually proved right.(actually yes I do agree in looking after the planet we've got, but these guys are fanatically trying to make it into a power-grab and central-planning system, which is not on)

....and there is quite a good case for permanent sectioning and lock-up under the mental health act(at the very least)

...sometimes dangerous dogs HAVE to be put down.